Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
amp disc upgrade brake

Brake & Disc Upgrade
I have been noticing really bad brake dust all over my alloy wheels since purchasing my car and it looks horrendous not even a day after I clean my car.

I've been looking into replacing the brake pads with the EBC YellowStuff Pads:-

Front pads - £88.20

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/vauxhall-a...505876.htm

Rear Pads - £61.04

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/vauxhall-a...505879.htm

Also been looking into the discs aswell..

Front - £127.53

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/vauxhall-a...550922.htm

Rear - £100.67

http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/vauxhall-a...550926.htm

These links are based on the Astra J SRi  2009-2013 1.6VVT 115HP..

Opinions Welcome.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.
you could try using the brake pedal less and engine brake instead
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have a heavy foot and im surrounded by country roads, my bad lol..

I couldn't advise Re the pads and disc's I've always been told keep with the genuine as if goes wrong I can go into any dealers and have it fixed free of charge.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Does that apply to everyone or not? If so that's the first I've heard lol, really debating the pads if not discs due to the silly amount of dust covering my alloys.. :sigh:

should be the same for everyone (It's just my mechanic told me he's part of there trade thing as-well)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Might have to look into that and see cheers for the info pal.. I will keep all gm parts if I do look into aftermarket bits and bobs for the brakes if any problems occur..

i have had the same problem the GM pads let off a lot of dust
turner the above disc links are for a 1.6 turbo 5 115 stud patten
so make sure they do the 5 105 you need
I specificly spoke to the EBC staff and told him everything about my vehicle and he pointed me towards those, will have to double check I suppose.. a lot of my friends recommend the yellow stuff pads though!

just make sure they fit as the 5 115 also has bigger calipers than your car
I will double check before doing anything, thanks bud

I have noticed the same thing with mine, just thought it was a mix of low quality pads (gm) original still I think, and the design of the alloys maybe, keep us updated on how you get on mate
Well I ordered some rear pads for mine on Friday from the above link. Paid extra to get them here for Saturday only to find out they didn't fit :( They even offer a checking service at the time of order where you put the details of your car in so that they can make sure the right item is sent out. Waiting to hear back from them but that wont be till Monday as they are shut over the weekend
Doesn't sound too good mate and a waste of your time finding out they don't fit!!!

Still they should pay for the return postage....

As online retails should even sellers on eBay, if the Item is wrong or faulty they have to pay the costs no if no buts....
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
On the plus side I took the time to clean the rear brakes
JohnL Wrote:Well I ordered some rear pads for mine on Friday from the above link. Paid extra to get them here for Saturday only to find out they didn't fit :( They even offer a checking service at the time of order where you put the details of your car in so that they can make sure the right item is sent out. Waiting to hear back from them but that wont be till Monday as they are shut over the weekend

I've not ordered any brakes but have also noticed companies don't list the VXR brakes correctly. One company had the fronts listed as 310mm and rear as 296mm and this was using my reg and the details coming up as Astra GTC 2.0 VXR
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
there are 4 different brake set ups now
i also found it real difficult to track the correct disc,s
they just list them as astra j and no one seems to list stud pattern or size
they most likely dont know there are different size disc,s in the 5 115 stud patten
They had them listed as astra vxr Brembo front brakes and rears they had listed as vxr 276 bhp
Well spoke with them today turns out EBC have made a mistake on the pad models they have for the VXR. After taking some measurements I will have the correct pads tomorrow. Looks like the Astra has larger rear pads than the Insignia VXR.
they should be worth the wait
I think we should all form an alliance and complain at the same time to fix up their Web page and get everything in the correct order.. having said that I still think these pads are A1 going by mates reviews when I have the time I shall be ordering (currently restoring an MK1 Subaru Impreza & doing out the kitchen so astra will be a long way off atm) :sadface:

Well I've been running around on the EBC rear pads now for 3 weeks. They do create less brake dust, to the point that the drilled holes on the brake disks no longer appear to fill up with brake dust. Only downside is they still haven't updated their site with the correct part numbers.
Would you say they are better than the standard pads though overall in terms of wear and tear?

Wear wise I'd say its to early to tell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cd 400 upgrade to navi 600 need help goose9029 6 4,133 14:th-Feb-2024, 07:52:16
Last Post: Rusty2009
  parking and cluster upgrade Maniacu 5 9,309 8:th-Sep-2019, 13:06:46
Last Post: andre_rf
  IPC Upper Display Speedo Upgrade BL25 1 2,672 6:th-Sep-2019, 12:48:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Advice needed regarding HID upgrade for a 2010 Insignia i.rosca 11 12,655 17:th-Dec-2016, 15:55:57
Last Post: i.rosca

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:38:11)