Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
indicator surrounds corsa vxr astra

Corsa/Astra VXR Indicator Surrounds
So I've liked the look of these on quite a few Astra J's now and finally decided to order some.

Just need to order the lenses now and should be fitted next week

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F using Tapatalk.
Tempted to go for these myself. Need to see them up close to make a decision. You going normal or tinted repeaters?
I think I'm going to go normal for now.. then decide thereafter. I can take some close ups when complete if you like

i sure diko,s last week they look real good
Can't wait to see the results now changed my mind totally going smoked lol

agreed there smoked will look much better

Looks like they'll be fitted this weekend, purchased the smoked lenses yesterday from LMF Vauxhall via eBay and arrived this morning, Eddy has also photo bombed to say good morning lol.

They do look good, remember to add loads of photos. What is your total cost?
Total cost:-
Surrounds £34.99
Lenses £24.95
Inc. P&P

Turner_SRi Wrote:Total cost:-
Surrounds £34.99
Lenses £24.95
Inc. P&P

Might have to add this on the future list now lol
I'm in 2 minds before I fit now though, standard bulbs or leds?

Last time I fitted leds I found the standard bulbs were brighter, unless the leds I bought were crap lol..

Not too sure, may be worth buying a set and finding out
I'll get on the case and postpone the fitting until they arrive :thumbsup:

Ermm they look awesome :-p part numbers at all lol or what am i searching on ebay lol
Lewis6317 Wrote:Ermm they look awesome :-p part numbers at all lol or what am i searching on ebay lol
Corsa/Astra VXR Indicator Surrounds
Corsa D Mariva B Lenses

they will look good you may get errors with the led,s and load resistors may need to be fitted as i am sure they are on the cambus
i also love eddy i always wanted one of them but i keep discus fish and there are more than enough work
so would they just clip on where our current astra ones are? is it really that simple if so i will order them now lol
Yes mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You clip the lenses onto the surrounds and the surrounds stick to the quarter panels with the adhesive pads that's on the back of them.

tucpal Wrote:they will look good you may get errors with the led,s and load resistors may need to be fitted as i am sure they are on the cambus
i also love eddy i always wanted one of them but i keep discus fish and there are more than enough work
Eddy has his own little personality he's a stroppy little man he did have another friend but unfortunately the female died 2 days ago from old age. They're really easy to handle and take care of though

Turner_SRi Wrote:Eddy has his own little personality he's a stroppy little man he did have another friend but unfortunately the female died 2 days ago from old age. They're really easy to handle and take care of though

Sorry to hear that, is it a bearded dragon? I've had a few crested geckos in the past
Thank you, it is indeed a Bearded Dragon.. geckos are fun little things but they're nocturnal aren't they?

Turner_SRi Wrote:Thank you, it is indeed a Bearded Dragon.. geckos are fun little things but they're nocturnal aren't they?

People say they are but all the ones I've had were active day and night, my friend used to have a monitor lizard, that was the most aggressive thing I have ever seen lol
just thought about the finish look, now with me having a black astra j i dont think the after look would be any good :/ so torn weather to do this or not :(
My astra is black

they do have a chrome out line they will show up nice
Sorry to hijack this guys, u mentioned lmf vx I'm looking for brake discs but they don't seem to have them on their site. Any idea if they do them?
Using Tapatalk
There are a lot of Delphi discs and pads come on eBay now mate and Delphi make them for VX.

I got a set of new front pads Delphi for £23 posted.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Rusty2009 Wrote:There are a lot of Delphi discs and pads come on eBay now mate and Delphi make them for VX.

I got a set of new front pads Delphi for £23 posted.

Cheers bud I'm looking at them now. I got 1.7 Sri hatch, I'm sure it's got 300mm discs?
Using Tapatalk
richje100 Wrote:Cheers bud I'm looking at them now. I got 1.7 Sri hatch, I'm sure it's got 300mm discs?

Check this thread mate has all the info in it http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...oval-5Door
But yep 300mm.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Check this thread mate has all the info in it http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...oval-5Door
But yep 300mm.

Cheers pal.
I done the pads back in June just to tie me over a while to get to gatwick. I need to change discs now and the pads again.
Followed that vid to do the pads forgot it had the part numbers. Disc removal just as easy?
Using Tapatalk
Not done it myself but yeah should be mate think they are held on by 1 or 2 star screw
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks rusty.
Using Tapatalk
Turner_SRi Wrote:My astra is black

When you fitting mate, i wouldn't mind having a look before i buy.
I have to re-order the offside surround, managed to get engine oil all on the sticky pad :(

Turner_SRi Wrote:I have to re-order the offside surround, managed to get engine oil all on the sticky pad :(

:( that's a pain, I would have siliconed it on, can u buy singles? If so I'll buy urs and a new one lol
You could use some double sided bodywork tape you can buy it in Halfords
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you highly recommend I shall buy!

You can indeed buy singles lol

Better late than never surrounds are in place

very nice i love my ones also top job
Looks good on the black car tbf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you align these? I bought a set of after market ones (as they were significantly cheaper than the OEM ones) but they don't fit to the body work properly and leave a nasty gap in the middle.

(15:th-Apr-2018, 14:12:11)Steveb19111978 Wrote: How do you align these? I bought a set of after market ones (as they were significantly cheaper than the OEM ones) but they don't fit to the body work properly and leave a nasty gap in the middle.

Can you show on a picture? 

Just been looking at these on eBay as I had a set on my Astra H, I can't believe the price of them!!!!! I remember paying £34.99 a couple of years ago for genuine Vauxhall, now they're asking up to £160!!!!
(15:th-Apr-2018, 14:23:12)sparkyscfc74 Wrote:
(15:th-Apr-2018, 14:12:11)Steveb19111978 Wrote: How do you align these? I bought a set of after market ones (as they were significantly cheaper than the OEM ones) but they don't fit to the body work properly and leave a nasty gap in the middle.

Can you show on a picture? 

Just been looking at these on eBay as I had a set on my Astra H, I can't believe the price of them!!!!! I remember paying £34.99 a couple of years ago for genuine Vauxhall, now they're asking up to £160!!!!
Sorry mate I've taken them off now, it rained overnight here so water had gotten it behind the gap. :(

Can't believe the price of the OEM ones either, shocking mark up.
Hi
Any one fit these to the gtc? how well do they fit it due to the curve of the body?

cheers
Astra Gtc 2.0 cdti s/s 165bhp in Power Red
Mods: K&N air filter, Pedal Box, VXR LED rear clusters, alloy pedals & LED interior bulbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,503 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 7,993 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,499 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,767 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,845 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 1,983 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,107 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,435 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,763 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,928 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36