Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
lights gtc question head and ? rear

GTC Head and Rear lights question ?
hey all

ive not even collected my gtc yet and already ive got a few things i would like to change kind of sharpish
ive got a gtc sri in white on a 12 plate but unfortunately it dose not have the rear led tail lights nore the newer looking headlights with the
more modern day time running lights which ive seen on some gtcs i think it maybe a added extra possibly ?

im not sure if its possible just to get the headlights and rear lights from vauxhall and fit them or if theres some sort of simular
lights on the market to buy if someone could let me know it would be much apprciated.

gaz
Are you on about the LED headlights? I know the normal DRL bulbs can be upgraded and would imagine the LED units would be plug on play but would be costly from Vauxhall, same with the rear. You could try a breakers.

There are also some aftermarket units, think I've seen someone with halo eye headlights.

I'm sure someone will be along with more info soon enough.
i looked on the how to section as you suggested and came cross lush lighting been on there site and it seems the bulbs and side lights can be replaced as you just said
but the only lights i cant see is the rear led tail lights so still on the hunt but thanks for the heads up as the how to section did help
You can buy the rear led units & just replace them... I know someone that did.
Using Tapatalk
Do you know where from by any chance ?
DE5IRED Wrote:Do you know where from by any chance ?

Possibly a breakers, might be your best bet
Rear LED tail lights will be a good hunt around on eBay and breakers.

As to LED DRL (Headlight) you would also need a ballast.

I know the headlight units from VX for a 5 Door (for Xenon's with LED DRL) are £600 per side then £150 per Xenon bulb and also the ballast is not cheap £180+ per side.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Sounds like it's going to be hard work to find these rear led tail lights

I'm just being picky really as the standard rear lights look great as it is

Regards to the front head lights I've now seen you can just get a plug and play hid kit from lush lighting so looks
Like I've got that covered but as for the rear led lights looks like I'm going to have more luck playing a game of
Where's wally lol

Also anybody with any good feedback of the hid kit from lush lighting would be much appreciated would love to know if they
Really do as they say on the tin

Thanks for all replys guys
DE5IRED Wrote:Do you know where from by any chance ?
Need to keep eyes peeled on ebay mate or a dealers but they will be mega money
Using Tapatalk
Beginning to wonder if it's worth the money as I saw a pic on lush lighting and from what I could see the guy just changed the reverse bulb to led and it seemed to look good even without the rest of the unit being led
You can change the LED DRL on the GTC without adding any load resistors as they are not monitored on the canbus
these are good and work fine they will dim down etc
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-INSIG...4ac9f14ca6

the hid kits from HIS DIRECT work on the GTC also there have been many that have done that and no problems reported

the rear LED tail lights and interior you need the LED,S i pointed out in this post
i don't think GTC owners will get any errors from the tail lights as the canbus monitors the drl and tail lights in one go
so if the drl are not monaterd the tail lights should also not be ether

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW-...AIL-LIGHTS

so just to be sure buy 3 packs 6 bulbs if you get errors on the tail lights then you can use the bulbs
in the inside courtesy lights then you have not wasted any money
read the whole post you will find the newer version in there with links to bulbs

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how-...to-SMD-LED

i have also put links to the bulbs for reverse light and fog rear light at the bottom of this post

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How-...late-Lamps

but here they are
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141191988703?_...EBIDX%3AIT

as for the rear indicator and rear brake lights a load resistor would have to be done to stop error messages
but they really are not needed they are bright as they are.
Thanks ever so much I'm going to have a good look and get it all sorted hopefully now all I need is someone to fit them as I'm like the most untechnical person in the world lol

But much appreciated for all the info

I've been on forums on the past and people don't even reply to posts sometimes so much much appreciated
WERE ALL FRIENDLY ON HERE
Love it
Like tucpal says, hids direct are very reliable, I've made about 8 orders and never had a problem
They look great and the best I've seen for that really modern look I will most defiantly be putting a order in for them and all the other interior and rear led reverse light bits pieces

Just need to collect my car now 5 days to go
Genuine article...

Using Tapatalk
Your putting salt in my wounds lol
I'm going to get the hids and side lights but not sure how I'm going to get the rears sorted
DE5IRED Wrote:I'm going to get the hids and side lights but not sure how I'm going to get the rears sorted

Be patient and contact scrapers that are breaking gtcs
Are there even gtcs that new being broken down lol
Yep I've seen quite a few even some VXRs being broken (these come with rear led lights as standard)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'll have to have a look anyone who sees anything please let me know would the vxr rear lights be a direct fit ?
Yes mate plug and play if I hear of any I'll let you know
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice one fella
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221513533286
Started breaking about an hour ago,give them a message
Cheers mate just sent the message now just got to wait thanks for keeping your eyes peeled
DE5IRED Wrote:Cheers mate just sent the message now just got to wait thanks for keeping your eyes peeled
Did you get a reply, I've just looked at the rest of his VXR parts and they seem high. I would expect the lights to be around £150
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:Did you get a reply, I've just looked at the rest of his VXR parts and they seem high. I would expect the lights to be around £150

He messages me earlier and said that the guy asked for £100
Cameron UK Wrote:He messages me earlier and said that the guy asked for £100

Thats a very good price for all 4 lights.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How did you get on with the rear lights
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I asked him how much he originally said £100 and I said as long as there still there Friday I'll have them off him.

I then messages him today off my mobile not on eBay just asking if he still had them and he said yeah and there £150 lol so he obviously didn't know it was me this time and is trying is luck with anyone lol

But going to give him a shout Friday and go from there

Finally collecting the car tomorrow now
What do you think with the whole tints ideas rears only or all round ?
I've got just rears done as fronts are already on legal limit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm getting it done after i collect the car was going to go all round as I have in all previous cars but thinking I'm going to stick with just the rears
stick with the rears for now and then see how you feel about the fronts later
i would not recommend the fronts unless they're a really light tint
but anyway look forward to seeing the pic,s when the car turns up

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,641 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,763 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Rear diffuser Elad1962 3 2,409 29:th-Sep-2020, 22:14:18
Last Post: marktourino
  DPF Regen question SectorOMEGA 16 10,033 9:th-Sep-2020, 16:10:35
Last Post: Big Dave2
  BiTurbo Rear Bumper Dudderz 3 2,437 5:th-Jun-2020, 19:49:44
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Head Unit Help KishanRaguras 5 3,035 28:th-May-2020, 22:18:08
Last Post: KishanRaguras
  Rear Bumper PN 13346637 Jonnymac07 1 2,097 13:th-May-2020, 14:56:05