Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
extreme shine detailer brilliant sonax

Sonax Extreme Brilliant Shine Detailer
I don't know if anyone else uses this but I stumbled across it on the detailing world forum and thought I would share. After I've waxed the car which can sometimes in total take 2hours including washing, I've found that the wax can sometimes start to deminish and the water beading reduces quite quickly. The reviews of Sonax BSD were that it lasts for ages. So thought I would give it a go. Bearing in mind that the video is after about 1 month and being washed about 3 times and only took about 5 minutes to apply to the whole car. The beading is phonomenal!

Sonax xtreme Brilliant Shine Detailer (BSD): http://youtu.be/JGSEKZXjpkM
Looks good, might have to buy a bottle
nice i see they do polish wax 1 grade 2 and 3
with 2 being about right for me i am interested in this as i like new things
any links etc
I got it off ebay. Cheaper than anywhere else. This seller has a few other Sonax products too. The xtreme wheel cleaner is supposed to be very good too. http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...94&alt=web
i will give it a whirl in a few weeks i like nice easy shiney stuff it is good for when you're in a hurry :cool
tucpal Wrote:nice i see they do polish wax 1 grade 2 and 3
with 2 being about right for me i am interested in this as i like new things
any links etc
Thats why I'm going to get the wheel cleaner, for when winter comes. Spray on, pressure off. Voila!
I put on some at the weekend. Easy to use, smells like coconut , seems to do the job. .
After 3 weeks , the product is still doing its job . Great tip bannan. .
good i forgot about this just ordered a bottle :cool
my bottle of sonax brilliant shine detailer turned up today
delivery was real fast i may do a panel or two later on
but i am really saving this for next weekend at trax
i will take some photos later on and give my verdict :cool

the car was clayed and HD waxed last week so i am hoping this will give quick and good results at the show next weekend

I understood if you used a detail spray it took the wax off???
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
supposed to renew the wax as this is a wax spray

first impression are really good as said above coconut smell is real nice
easy to use spray on wipe off nice shine and beading is really good
not the best day to show the shine as it is as dull as hell and raining also

looks like a nice quick way to get a nice shine and wax protection in minutes i am pleased 10 out of 10
i would even say it has better beading than the HD autoglym wax i use

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...SHLdnrYcGQ
I'll order some of that then will save bringing water with me.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
It's cheaper if you get from ebay as cleanyour car there is postage on top. It defiantly gives the best beading from any wax I've ever used. So easy for in the winter if you are wanting to give a bit extra protection after a quick wash. Going to try the xtreme wheel cleaner next.
thanks for the tip banman i am really impressed with this

could not resist doing the whole car
20mins work and the results are faultless :cool
i have used less than a fraction of the bottle for the whole car
so it will last very well.

i would say it is a real good top up
but a 3 month wax and clay will still be needed to keep it super good
I've always used Meguairs Ultimate Detailer but do have a bottle of G3 Detailer which I got at Halfords which I'm really impressed with.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i have the G3 detailer as well baz but this is more like a spray wax
this stuff beads amazingly well.
tucpal Wrote:thanks for the tip banman i am really impressed with this

It looks nice and clean! That's what I will be doing too. I normally put a coat of poorboys black hole then a coat of nattys blue and that keeps it looking fairly swirl free. Hopefully it will just mean the wax will last longer!
cornishtaz Wrote:I've always used Meguairs Ultimate Detailer but do have a bottle of G3 Detailer which I got at Halfords which I'm really impressed with.

Snap but I haven't used the G3 detailer yet (I got the G3 clay mit the other day not yet used lol)

tucpal Wrote:thanks for the tip banman i am really impressed with this

i have used less than a fraction of the bottle for the whole car
so it will last very well.

Guess who doing my car then at trax

Must say your car still looks 1000% better with them chrome handle covers gone.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
it is getting there cheers
tucpal or [MENTION=143]bannan[/MENTION] is this the chap you got your's from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONAX-Xtreme-B...3a968af433

And is it fast P&P?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
that is where banman got his from yes
Rusty2009 Wrote:tucpal or [MENTION=143]bannan[/MENTION] is this the chap you got your's from?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONAX-Xtreme-B...3a968af433

And is it fast P&P?
Yes thats the company I bought it from. Came in a couple of days if I remember right.
Ordered fingers crossed it gets here in time thanks chaps.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks bannan & Tucpal,

Really good stuff came today did bonnet and tested it WOW...

Done the rest of the car too, I've even done all door shuts etc and hardly used a drop.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Excellent news. Not even started cleaning mine
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Over a month now , since l first applied this product and still looking good . .

It has out performed any other detailer l have used and seems to be comparable , if not better , than most of the waxes l've used . .

Gives a nice deep shine and makes the metal flake just pop out. It is also good value for money as a little seems to go a long way. .

A great product to have in your detailing armoury. .
I've just ordered the Wheel cleaner and also the glass cleaner they do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
keep us updated mate
Rusty2009 Wrote:I've just ordered the Wheel cleaner and also the glass cleaner they do.
Same hear. Well the wheel cleaner. Hopefully it will be as good as the BSD.
Well both arrived this morning, given the windscreen a go.

I'll let you what it's like in the rain later.

You can use this inside and out, it has a nice smell but I can't put my finger on what it is.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
An update on the glass cleaner, it's great when flying along the motorway don't really notice a difference driving round town.

As to the wheel cleaner, I had Lewis down today and we had to take his wheel off so thought I'd try it out.

Before

During

After a rinse off with hose.

Seems very good if I had used a brush and the pursuer washer it would of been spot on.

Used very little yet again a little bit goes a long way.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Looking good. I will put some pics up when I get a chance to use mine.
the product seems to clean good
i will have to try that one rusty
but by god lewis get a refurbishment mate
lol, mate seriously I brought them light that that why they was only £200 for 4alloy with continentals tyres.... But tbh i am thinking of getting them reps now but will see .....
Just found this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONAX-Xtreme-W...4897.l4275

[video=youtube;ZGT5BvoDSQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGT5BvoDSQw[/video]
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:Just found this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONAX-Xtreme-W...4897.l4275

[video=youtube;ZGT5BvoDSQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGT5BvoDSQw[/video]
I was looking at that. If it's anything like the BSD then it will be good. I have loads of poorboys wheel sealant left to use first before I buy anything else. This is bound to be better though.
I think I will grab some be good to put them on the wife's newly painted alloys before they get fitted to the car.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
nice find mate :P
she can sell me anything
All ordered along with some of this

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1006783764

And the following as most of mine seem abit old now

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1141376551

Some lint free ones

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...0611819720

And as the first one is so good I got another

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1211809501

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
looks like rusty is stock up ready to clean my whole car on the next visit
Lewis6317 Wrote:looks like rusty is stock up ready to clean my whole car on the next visit

You know what you can do

I gave you window cleaner and you didn't even use it I had to do it for you, and I did 1 of your wheels.

Heck even the wife cleaned the bird poo off your bonnet

Your car needs a good wash then claying compounding polishing and waxing. It will take a day.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Lol i never asked you to do it mate. I dod say i emptied my washer bottle as we was changing it :-)
The poo was put there on route :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol mate sure we can sort it

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just had a chance to use the Sonax Xtreme wheel cleaner I got. I washed the car 2 weeks ago and put some Billberry on but did next to nothing. The Sonax on the other hand got nearly all of it off. Only a few spots of baked on brake dust were left but think this was due to me not spraying it on as well as it was on the lower side of the spokes that were harder to spray. Really impressed with this stuff.

[MENTION=143]bannan[/MENTION] it's great stuff I hadn't cleaned my wheels for a couple of months and used it they came up like new.

I found for best results spray on (not too much) from the bottom to the top (this saves any run marks as when it runs it will fall onto a treated surface).

Leave it of 5 mins then get the wheel brush I've found the Mequiars when really good (I paid £4 as the packaging was damaged). Brush here

Then leave it while you do the rest the wash off.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers Rusty2009. I've also got one of those brushes. Keeps the insides nice and clean. I just jetwashed then sprayed on then still cleaned with sponge and the brush then jetted off again.
sounds very good i will put that on my list
Bannan what do you think of the brush?

It's the best one I've used IMHO soft and gentle with a protective cap on the end, and the handle so your hand doesn't touch the brush.

Also found it just rinsed out very easily.

The only bad point is it bends to easily, but on a plus that can really help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick Detailer J4M13UK 3 4,493 16:th-Sep-2016, 09:55:27
Last Post: J4M13UK