Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
windows auto

auto windows
i know some cars will have the function
when you double press the fey fob
the windows will open and close
my car will not do this
but could this be the answer
Car Automatic Window Roll Up Closer OBD-Cruze/Buick Excelle-XT/Verano/Regal/GL8 | eBay
if it works on the Buick excelle
then it may just work on the astra j ?

although this may just roll up the windows with the key fob
not sure if it will roll them down
Dont you have to hold the button on the key to get the windows to roll down?
NIGHTCD Wrote:Dont you have to hold the button on the key to get the windows to roll down?

You can with the full electric set-up but not with the front only.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
yes but it does not work on all models for some reason
it may just be a programming enable job
but it does not work on my car
min dont do it, but would be good if it did. Specially in the summer, if we get one again lol
some do, some dont, depends on the age. Vx went thru a phase of disabling it for safety reasons. My 10 plate didnt have it, yet my identical 12 plate does. and yes, just hold the lock or unlock button for more than 1 second to do it (indicators will flash twice to show when windows are fully opened/closed
rusty, may have to have a play with your program when i see you next lol
Lewis6317 Wrote:rusty, may have to have a play with your program when i see you next lol

I was meant to look at that and I totally forgot I still think though you will find you will only be able to open/close the windows by key if you have full front and rear electric windows.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Rusty2009 Wrote:I was meant to look at that and I totally forgot I still think though you will find you will only be able to open/close the windows by key if you have full front and rear electric windows.

good point mate.... I may be up week today mate if not defo the following if thats ok? missing my cc badly :(
Rusty2009 Wrote:I still think though you will find you will only be able to open/close the windows by key if you have full front and rear electric windows.

Nope, I have a '12 VX-Line, only has electric front windows, and i can open/close windows only using the fob. I think all cars post '12 plate can do it.
my 10.5 don't
i am sure this will be a program enable job
so next time your on your MDI programmer rusty
have a quick look
as i really want this to work

i to remember something about vauxhall disabling this
due to people finding there windows open in the morning
they must have knocked the fob button in the house and not know they had done it

but i still want it all the same.
stubaynton Wrote:Nope, I have a '12 VX-Line, only has electric front windows, and i can open/close windows only using the fob. I think all cars post '12 plate can do it.

tucpal Wrote:my 10.5 don't
i am sure this will be a program enable job
so next time your on your MDI programmer rusty
have a quick look
as i really want this to work

i to remember something about vauxhall disabling this
due to people finding there windows open in the morning
they must have knocked the fob button in the house and not know they had done it

but i still want it all the same.

Can you too check your door looms to see if there is a diffrance?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
done a bit of googleyness, and it seems it was disabled up to and including MY11.5 (front electric windows only, models with all 4 electirc windows were un-affected), then re-enabled for the MY12. Apparently windows were found open when people went to their cars in the morning.
good idea rusty can you find a pin out for the door loom connector
and see if any wires needed.
Here's the pin out for door/body
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
thanks i will see what pins i have at the weekend
Did VX not have problems with people finding their windows open / opening by themselves even though they had locked the car with them closed. VX then had some re-programed so they didn't open by the key to stop that happening.
I think I posted a similar thing above Migwell, lol
i did ask if you and Tucpal may compare your door/body loom to see if there is a difference at all.

I would but having full electric so mine will be different.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manual to electric windows conversion daijones 19 15,339 31:st-Aug-2021, 12:54:59
Last Post: highgates
  Auto lights and wipers bhalay207 19 12,988 18:th-May-2021, 21:27:29
Last Post: azajus
  Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit kalum0101 5 8,854 2:nd-Aug-2020, 13:48:24
Last Post: kalum0101
  electrical rear windows Maniacu 12 7,018 19:th-Jul-2019, 12:27:57
Last Post: Maniacu
  Auto-reverse mirror positions umognog 2 2,954 30:th-May-2019, 17:09:21
Last Post: zaapp
  Auto folding wing mirrors on lock unlock Rusty2009 15 20,996 21:st-Jun-2016, 13:41:39
Last Post: Thebatfink
  Retrofit Auto Lights TrophyJem 5 10,594 12:th-Apr-2016, 11:29:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Auto Dimming Mirror Cover Lewis6317 25 13,449 9:th-Sep-2014, 12:44:03
Last Post: tucpal
  open windows with the key tucpal 8 10,377 5:th-May-2014, 20:57:05
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
KKEVANSKK (19:th-Jun-2023, 11:26:24), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:39:41)