Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
the is these ? shark on

Is the shark on these ?
Just seen a thing on Facebook about the shark's in the corsa d and that and thought I haven't seen one on the GTC.. Is there one ? Or is that phase over ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I take it you mean shark fin if so yes but only if you have FM & Dab I'm rear window.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I thought the shark fin only came with Sat Nav.
I have a 5 door with DAB with a normal ariel.
There are different options but not a DAB & FM. You have a dummy, sat nav, sat nav and phone I think can Check in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No no I mean the design of the shark that corsas had on the glove box hinge ha.

Mines FM & dab no nav with the fin but then again I've not seen a GTC without the fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
The GTC's all come with the shark fin on roof. Although I don't believe it's functional unless you have Satnav.

As for the Glovebox shark of the Corsa I believe it was just on the Corsa's I've not seen one on the J or the GTC.
i don't have a shark fin on my gtc :(
n1ibor Wrote:i don't have a shark fin on my gtc :(

Must be a UK thing then. Does yours still have the lines in the rear side windows for the aerials?
JohnL Wrote:Must be a UK thing then. Does yours still have the lines in the rear side windows for the aerials?

i don't think so. are they suposed to be all the way across?
if you want the sharkfin you have to fit the DAB radio so the FM and DAB receivers are in the windscreen
follow this how too but it will not be cheep
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB-...the-CD-400
You should have 2 shorter lines at the top mate that don't go all the way along.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I will have a look, but i have the cd 600 with 7 inch color screen, so i'm not sure if DAB is integrated.
the how-to says i should already have the shark fin.
i might be lucky and just have to change it to a fin
no you will still need the DAB fitted
if you have the nav600 follow this how too
http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-DAB-...00-and-600

you must remember the sharkfin will be a bummy the fm and dab will come from the rear window instead of the roof mast
the shark fin is really just for the sat nav

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Replacement Shark Fin Telsun 12 5,226 21:st-Jan-2019, 18:18:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Shark fin for cd400 chrisb2511 10 31,215 10:th-Aug-2016, 07:21:51
  Shark Fin sheppy1 17 9,594 21:st-Apr-2015, 20:40:14
Last Post: tucpal
  Shark fin options Cameron UK 4 8,417 31:st-Jul-2014, 07:07:28