Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problems common

common problems

i will be adding a list of common problems
with the astra J and GTC
over the next few weeks
so if you have a problem post it here
and we will do are best to help.
well on my 1.4 turbo gtc i'm now headed for the second waterpump replaced under warranty. i have heard of other cases on the 1.4 and 1.6 turbo engines, but not sure if its an engine failure or a waterpump failure.
I loose a little water now and again. I have topped up twice since September just about a pint each time. The other day I noticed it was down again so went and bought some VX antifreeze and topped up with that, so as, to not weaken the mixture. I wonder if the water pump is showing signs of starting to fail? There has been no tel-tail of anything on the path outside my house.
drivers door rattle would be good to get fixed lol on the 1.3 cdit
getting a little frustrating now
check your sunglasses holder mate mine rattles and I thought it was the door gave it clump and that sorted it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I have a rattle that I thought at one time could be something to do with the driver’s door area. After a lot of investigation it ended up with me concentrating in the dashboard area. I started a strip down by taking off the door rubber then the panel with the air bag switch and the light switch panel. After that I found two bolts 7mm and gave those a bit of a tighten up under that panel. At that point I had the light switch in my hand, which when moving it around seemed to rattle. I also gave the clips that keep the various panels in place, a bit of a bend to tighten their hold when I put them back in. I still get a little rattle from time to time (usually going over rough road, which you do a lot these days) and give the light switch a bit of a push which seems to stop the noise for a while. The next move is to try a new light switch, but they will cost quite a bit and there are none on flee-bay at the moment. My car which has the fog lights button but is not auto lights has not had them on that site for a while. I hope this is of some help in your case, I know how it can drive you up the wall when it is at its peak. Mine sounded like two pennies chattering together.
is just rear fog light you have Migwell?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No, its the SRi with Front Fogs and Rear Fogs, so two buttons in the middle of the headlight switch.
Migwell030744 Wrote:No, its the SRi with Front Fogs and Rear Fogs, so two buttons in the middle of the headlight switch.

PM sent mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Migwell030744 Wrote:I have a rattle that I thought at one time could be something to do with the driver’s door area. After a lot of investigation it ended up with me concentrating in the dashboard area. I started a strip down by taking off the door rubber then the panel with the air bag switch and the light switch panel. After that I found two bolts 7mm and gave those a bit of a tighten up under that panel. At that point I had the light switch in my hand, which when moving it around seemed to rattle. I also gave the clips that keep the various panels in place, a bit of a bend to tighten their hold when I put them back in. I still get a little rattle from time to time (usually going over rough road, which you do a lot these days) and give the light switch a bit of a push which seems to stop the noise for a while. The next move is to try a new light switch, but they will cost quite a bit and there are none on flee-bay at the moment. My car which has the fog lights button but is not auto lights has not had them on that site for a while. I hope this is of some help in your case, I know how it can drive you up the wall when it is at its peak. Mine sounded like two pennies chattering together.

i bet it is coming from the back of your mirror switch
when i had the door cards of last i noticed how lose the back of that switch is
and now my switch has started to do the same
i just need to find the time to take if off again and find out,

i also found my sunglasses were rattling in the holder
tucpal Wrote:i also found my sunglasses were rattling in the holder

A good old clump will fix that one mate until you take them out again.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The mirror switch. When taking off the drivers door card, is the switch mounted as part of the door or part of the door card? Do you have to lift the card off over the switch or what?

As I am going to have to take the drivers door card off when I do my ambient door lights and puddle lights. I have had the passenger door card card off, to do some work on the loud speaker on that door.
It comes off as part of the door card mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rattle coming from the computer plug. Right hand side of the steering wheel. I took it out and wraped a bit of tape around it and put it back, no more rattles.
A problem exists with the CRUISE CONTROL cutting out. A problem, known to Vauxhall, it also sometimes shows up with flickering brake lights. Diagnosis is a faulty brake light and or clutch switch. They just need replacing. That was done at the same time as I asked about the Front wheel arch liners noise. (They knew about that one and fixed it under warrantee)
No rattle on mirror switch, thank goodness.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  engine problems tucpal 8 11,966 11:th-Jan-2018, 16:13:15
Last Post: kebibg
  MAF Mass Air Flow Sensor is this common problem caretaker 3 12,414 21:st-Aug-2016, 19:42:18
Last Post: tucpal
  is this common? Gilmore 15 11,012 5:th-Sep-2014, 18:10:07
Last Post: Gilmore

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
antd (15:th-Dec-2023, 13:38:52)