Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to box change? oil not or change gear

Gear box oil, to change or not to change?
So your thinking of changing your gear box oil? Well... So was I. I wanted to know if there are any NOTICABLE benefits, only takes about 15 mins and will cost £25 for 2L(you need 1.5L for the 2.0 diesel but can only buy in 1L). Will do a how to later this evening but this thread is to chat about it. What's your opinions?
gear box oil has a long life but like any oil changing it can do no harm
it has to be done at some point so why not
you will find a torx bolt at the top of the gearbox undo that
then if you look underneath near the drive shaft you will see the drain nut undo that till all the oil is out
All done, very easy job, gonna do a how to soon, benefits ARE noticeable straight away, goes into and comes out of gear much smoother, we'll worth doing
well done
Cameron UK Wrote:All done, very easy job, gonna do a how to soon, benefits ARE noticeable straight away, goes into and comes out of gear much smoother, we'll worth doing

Glad it worked mate.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cough cough where's the guide?

Good to know you've noticed a difference.
Going to do mine, there's a bit of a debate on vxronline at the mo on which oil to use and the quantity as a few are saying 1.8lts isn't enough for the F40 with the Dexler LSD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JohnL Wrote:Cough cough where's the guide?

Good to know you've noticed a difference.

Haha fell asleep bud, will try do it now before work
Here you go:

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HOW-...ar-box-oil

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear Knob issue (Automatic 2014 Astra GTC) DC23 1 5,113 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:08:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra GTC auto gear knob replacement Jayrich872001 12 18,941 22:nd-Jul-2020, 12:21:46
Last Post: DC23
  gear box issues tucpal 84 75,909 1:st-Jun-2019, 13:47:24
Last Post: umognog
  M32/M20 6 speed gear box crap? dutton84 9 14,046 21:st-Mar-2017, 23:51:48
Last Post: Saxito@Tech

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:33:40)