Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
progress thread rusty2009

Progress thread Rusty2009
(9:th-Oct-2020, 21:12:39)marktourino Wrote: Another quality install Rusty, glad that the system is up & running, I find with advance park assist ok but there is about a four inch gap between the kerb & the wheels when I use the park assist on the K.

Better that than curb rash on the wheels as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(8:th-Oct-2020, 17:24:27)Rusty2009 Wrote:
So finally after getting a few dodgy sensors I've been able to complete the advanced park assist and blind spot retrofit.

The advanced park assist is total rubbish you have to stop before it will give the next command (but I didn't want it for that I just wanted the blind spot feature).

I’ve just come back online after getting back into an Astra, but a K this time.

Glad to see you’re still keeping on with the upgrades Russ. This must be one of the highest spec’d Js out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks chaps, yes I think it has to be the highest spec Astra-J in the UK now.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Well done rusty! Always improving the machine!

Congratulations!

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk
Awesome mod Rusty, I had been wondering the other day if it was an option on J's at all. Is there alot involved and cost in this reto fit?
(13:th-Oct-2020, 18:01:35)Jetcolour Wrote: Awesome mod Rusty, I had been wondering the other day if it was an option on J's at all. Is there alot involved and cost in this reto fit?

Cost is quite expensive as the mirror glass is £86-98 each alone.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I've had seen this on a Volvo a while back and loved it. I think like seatbelts, this & auto brake assist should be mandatory on new cars as safety features.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

@Rusty2009 random question; how long do you expect to keep the car for? I often find myself balancing longevity with time & cost, however having just crossed 100k miles (happy mileday to car) with only a shock & mount needing replaced for the MOT I'd love to see my car do another 100k, and get an electric in a couple of years for city driving.

But I look at the car and think "its 8 years old, am I going to sink "new car" money into it over the next 5 years?"

Could do with fixing a number of rust spots for definite before they get worse.

(14:th-Oct-2020, 09:21:58)umognog Wrote: I've had seen this on a Volvo a while back and loved it. I think like seatbelts, this & auto brake assist should be mandatory on new cars as safety features.

@Rusty2009 random question; how long do you expect to keep the car for? I often find myself balancing longevity with time & cost, however having just crossed 100k miles (happy mileday to car) with only a shock & mount needing replaced for the MOT I'd love to see my car do another 100k, and get an electric in a couple of years for city driving.

But I look at the car and think "its 8 years old, am I going to sink "new car" money into it over the next 5 years?"

Could do with fixing a number of rust spots for definite before they get worse.

I've had the car from new (my first & last brand new car), when I was looking at cars it was with the intension whatever I bought would last till I ran it into the ground.

In terms of electric cars I would never own one the dribble people are being fed on them is totally misleading and they aren't ZERO emissions most if not all have the batteries built into the floor pan meaning 5-10yrs the batteries will be dead and the car is scrap but that's a whole other debate.

I have some lacquer peel on the body and bumper which on speaking to my paint guy he's told me not to worry about as I have a full respray in the pipe line.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Got some H11 LED's as 1 of the corner lights blew, they were a little expensive but I'm impressed with them. fit into the headlamp so cover can be fitted back on the fan is on the top rather than the back.

NOVSIGHT are the one's I got from Amazon (may get them cheaper elsewhere but I like the hassle free returns with amazon).
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07T...UTF8&psc=1

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Great topic.
You have done an incredible job .. I think it is the astra with the most extras in all of Europe .. I would like to know if the placement of the front camera as well as the blind spot is easy .. congratulations again for your car!!
(3:rd-Dec-2020, 23:19:05)Sergio Pinto Wrote: Great topic.

Thank-you.

(11:th-Dec-2020, 11:20:41)lamprosGR Wrote: You have done an incredible job .. I think it is the astra with the most extras in all of Europe .. I would like to know if the placement of the front camera as well as the blind spot is easy .. congratulations again for your car!!

Blind spot is easy Front camera not so easy & alot of money.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well, we've touch screen to the Navi950, along with android auto & apple car play.

The screen came from the USA, the interface also came from the USA which is fully plug and play but is not cheap.

There was custom firmware loaded on to the Navi to get this full customisation to include, Chevy theme (which I really like) DAB+, Rear camera with guide lines, Touch screen & infinity sound system.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
"and any other astra going forward will just be a pug.."

Precisely why I'm looking at a Volvo V60 Estate hybrid.

Looking good Rusty.

A UK first with this system?
(14:th-Jan-2021, 08:39:10)Jetcolour Wrote: Looking good Rusty.

A UK first with this system?

I believe so mate.

The Mrs Mokka is being done too, screen & interface on way, Only problem I see with the Mokka is the screen is a little further away and not in arms reach when driving but it can be all set before driving.

I've also bought cameras for both to put in the mirrors (which are controlled via the indictors) and camera for the front grill.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
You'll have to have a stick to use it when driving.

The cameras in the mirrors and working when the indicators are on sound awesome.
An update on the car.

Well it passed it's last MOT, only advisory was front fogs fitted but not working.

As some of you may know when I did the Flexride install I had to use a donor VIN which didn't have front fog lights or a manual handbrake.

Well I now have front fog lights back and after editing calibration code we have also re-enabled Manual handbrake.

Other new the car has taken a little knock on the rear bumper (the lads ex) awaiting her paying for a new bumper as all the clips are broken.
I've ordered 2 of the parts needed so far but hopefully soon have it back completeness & looking right.

We've also switched out the Navtool for a GROM VLINE2. which can work standalone as long as it has internet.

Pics to follow later.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,416 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 89,598 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,328 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 8,975 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 40,355 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 555,349 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,334 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,389 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,524 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97
  Progress Thread: Sheppy1 sheppy1 1,759 661,908 30:th-Aug-2018, 09:45:17
Last Post: sparkyscfc74

Who read this thread?
16 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (28:th-Mar-2024, 19:02:39), marktourino (2:nd-Jun-2023, 23:58:47), fratiee (2:nd-May-2023, 18:34:38), KKEVANSKK (23:rd-Mar-2024, 23:04:43), milozic (29:th-Nov-2023, 19:45:15), Dvaltd (9:th-Nov-2023, 11:58:40), Apotetyk (5:th-May-2023, 22:02:46), exhippykev (22:nd-Jul-2023, 21:13:06), Azriel (7:th-Jul-2023, 15:03:49), opelmed (28:th-Sep-2023, 16:06:55), Lito4h (25:th-Nov-2023, 09:31:45), STHOP (28:th-Nov-2023, 23:08:31), kipper (29:th-Dec-2023, 22:05:31), mark_palmer (26:th-Dec-2023, 18:06:27), caneiv (4:th-Apr-2024, 11:57:36), Adam_Burchart (4:th-Apr-2024, 17:07:57)