Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sensors parking switch? missing

Parking sensors, missing switch?
Hi, I purchased an ex police Astra j sports tourer with parking sensors but, no switch. The noise is really annoying and without the switch, i can only deactivate it by going through the menu, and it reactivates itself anyway. It also prevents me from upgrading my stereo to an android unit as I won't be able to deactivate them at all then, I suspect.
I've seen I can purchase the switch on eBay, however I'm not sure if there is any extra wires I'd need to connect the switch to the car, I presume there are?
Does anyone know if it's possible to add the switch easily, or even possible at all. I have no idea where I'd even find the module to see if there is a switch cable there, or what it would look like?
Thanks in advance for any help offered.
If you take the radio control panel off you will see if the wiring is there. I believe it's a grey plug.

Buy one plug it in and see.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Thank you, that, at least, gives me an idea of what I'm looking for, connector wise ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASTRA J OEM PARKING SENSORS blacknik 15 12,190 3:rd-Feb-2021, 19:58:42
Last Post: Qaranc

Who read this thread?
6 User(s) read this thread:
Morpheus75 (8:th-Feb-2024, 13:32:33), milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 20:04:17), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 21:58:12), M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 16:41:42), mc92661 (29:th-Sep-2023, 18:18:20), caneiv (9:th-Apr-2024, 10:54:13)