Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
steering esp wheel power angle

Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering
I would love some help 

I have an Opel Astra J 2011 hatchback 1.6 (85kw/115hp), 160,000 km (99,419 mile)

9 months ago my steering wheel was replaced because the horn did not work , after a month or two the ESC (esp) light in my vehicle came on and recently the steering wheel light also came on.
a months and a half ago I put the vehicle in an Opel authorized garage, after a brief inspection
I was told it was a malfunction in the steering wheel sensor, I asked them to replace cost of 1,600 NIS (355.66 Pounds).
After waiting two days for the part to arrive at the garage, I put the vehicle in the garage in the next day early in the morning
After about two hours I was called and told that the part had been replaced and what I had was not working properly,
I was told that there is also an electrical fault in the ABS pump and if I want them to check it, I agreed to be examined,
Once again I waited two days for the part to arrive at the garage, this time the vehicle sat in the garage disassembled for two days.
they Called me in the morning and informed me that there is a fault with the ABS pump, it requires overhaul since the pump
That they brought It's not the same product number from what I have and They will combine 2 products into one,
The costing is 2,500 NIS (555.73 Pounds), I called to consult a friend, he reminded me that at the time he connect the vehicle
To his computer and check for error with the GMS2 and op-com software and told me there was no issue with the ABS pump,
The faults are:
U0126-00 Lost Communication with steering wheel angle sensor module
B2955-00 Security sensor data circuit
C0710-71 Steering Position Signal
B1405-05 Control module voltage reference output 2 circuit - High voltage / open
U152D-00 LIN Bus 2 lost communication with device 13
U1538-00 LIN Bus 3 lost communication with device 8

Anyway I spoke to them again and updated that I had consulted with a friend who checked the vehicle at the time and said there was no issue with the ABS,
They insisted that this was the problem, etc., I asked them to reassemble the vehicle and I will came to get the vehicle from the garage.
After two hours I arrived at the garage I was sure the vehicle was assembled and to my surprise the vehicle was not ready,
They let me talk to the electrician of the vehicle and he tried to explain to me that there was a connection between the two (abs & steering wheel sensor),
After I explained to him that a friend who checked the vehicle with the computer he started explaining me the
Description of the fault that connection 3 goes directly to the ABS pump and from there to the steering wheel sensor,
At this point I asked them to assemble the vehicle and in any case I will take the vehicle from the garage,
At some point I wanted to pay for the abs examined because I was told the examined cost money.
The manager came out of his office and told the clerk that I will not paying and if I wanted them to return my parts and get a refund for what was i already paid for the steering wheel sensor 1,600 NIS (355.66 Pounds), I said since they already replaced the sensor I prefer to leave it how it is, after I get into the car and start the car I get the ABS light on in addition to the lights the previous was and are still on. Once again I went to the garage and told them that there was a new light (abs) that was not there and why it is on, the electrician claimed because there is a problem with the ABS pump, I told him it was not turned on before and it only happened here because your messed with it and he insisted I had a problem with the ABS.
He claimed it would disappear while driving, I asked if he did a clear the errors, he claimed yes and explained that the lights will Keep turning on until I fix the problem with the pump.

After a week I asked my friend to connect to his computer,
the errors from the previous time did not go away
But a new fault has been added.
C0050-06 Right rear wheel speed sensor circuit - Low voltage / open
They did not mention this in the garage.
A friend told me that it is not a big cost to replace the sensor, there is a situation that can be solved if i cleaning the sensor, or replace it with another sensor from different wheel to see if the problem resolve

After a week I cleaned the sensor connections, the problem was not resolved even after deleting the errors.

a week After I replaced the sensor with the left rear wheel,
The problem was not resolved even after cleaning the errors.

I have a multimedia system that I installed after the problem started (from the first error light appeared -esp)
In any case, I put back the original system for an entire week to see if the fault was not from the multimedia system. (is not)

i came a cross on several forums regarding some of the problems, some said to check the YAW sensor.
to check voltages in the sensor.
i saw that the steering wheel angle sensor is connected through multi-axis acceleration sensor to electronic brake control module

I must say that the vehicle drives excellently except for these problems, which reduces engine performance, and eliminates the automatic return of the steering wheel And of course the abs system works properly
I have tried several times in emergency braking and the system is working properly without locking the wheels (on a closed track)

So please if anyone can guide me from where I am starting to check the faults, such as voltage tests and so on.
I will be happy to help, guidance, a second opinion

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steering angle try relearning it you can do that VIA GDS2.

I would also be looking at the wiring and connectors in-case there is an issue there.

In terms of the wheel speed senor again it could be wiring.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:43:52)Rusty2009 Wrote: Steering angle try relearning it you can do that VIA GDS2.

I would also be looking at the wiring and connectors in-case there is an issue there.

In terms of the wheel speed senor again it could be wiring.

I took the vehicle to another garage, they fixed it

And said it was a wiring problem
Free Shipping by DHL or FedEx in 24 hours (except Sunday), which takes 5-7 business days (except for some countries with difficult customs clearance).

https://apextominer.com/en_gb/product/bi...cond-hand/

https://apextominer.com/en_gb/product/bi...cond-hand/

https://apextominer.com/en_gb/product/in...eth-miner/

https://apextominer.com/en_gb/product/in...eth-miner/

https://apextominer.com/en_gb/product/go...18-7-th-s/

Отправлено с моего SM-G965F через Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Broken wheel stud Euroshopper 1 1,634 6:th-Oct-2020, 07:08:18
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Steering wheel from Astra K foxydimsi 2 3,388 1:st-Oct-2020, 06:49:56
  GTC limited edition alloy wheel paint code Nathan191210 5 3,240 1:st-Aug-2020, 19:22:43
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,595 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  space saver wheel Gary13 5 3,414 24:th-May-2020, 19:02:57
Last Post: Gary13
  Squeak when turning steering wheel Rusty2009 12 10,811 12:th-Sep-2019, 21:45:35
Last Post: Boycey1969
  Lowering and wheel spacers twinpipes 1 2,481 28:th-Jul-2019, 08:43:33
  Power, performance and looks RVernon 1 2,506 16:th-Jul-2019, 13:45:07
  Lacking Power - What can I check everson38 3 2,802 10:th-Jul-2019, 10:44:50
Last Post: Big Dave2
No power Taylor89 7 3,894 4:th-Jun-2019, 20:27:03
Last Post: Jpbroad1970

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Emil_Alexandru_Barb (18:th-Mar-2024, 10:54:40)