Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
vehicle service soon display on

'Service Vehicle Soon' on display
Can anyone give me some advice on this please? 

I've had this 1.6 CDTI 2014 for 4 years (67K), always done my own servicing, including resetting oil service life indicator, but never had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning come up on the Multi-Function Display before, a horizontal spanner in the middle of the image of a car.   Admittedly the service was delayed and quite late this year due to Covid.

I have had issues with the Intake Air Temperature sensor of recent triggering an engine MIL warning light on, but this appears to be sorted now, having erased DTC (P0111) and it not having reappeared.

But after a couple of journeys, the 'SVS' is still showing!  I've checked on my 'Streetwize Car Scan' box to see if I can reset anything, but can’t see anything.  Anyone got any ideas??   Cheers, Jeff.
Need to get a proper reader on it and find the error codes, it could be anything.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(21:st-May-2020, 17:44:09)Loddy Jeff Wrote: Can anyone give me some advice on this please? 

I've had this 1.6 CDTI 2014 for 4 years (67K), always done my own servicing, including resetting oil service life indicator, but never had this 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning come up on the Multi-Function Display before, a horizontal spanner in the middle of the image of a car.   Admittedly the service was delayed and quite late this year due to Covid.

I have had issues with the Intake Air Temperature sensor of recent triggering an engine MIL warning light on, but this appears to be sorted now, having erased DTC (P0111) and it not having reappeared.

But after a couple of journeys, the 'SVS' is still showing!  I've checked on my 'Streetwize Car Scan' box to see if I can reset anything, but can’t see anything.  Anyone got any ideas??   Cheers, Jeff.
Yeah it would be nothing but guessing without the codes being read. And if people kept guessing could cost you more in long run.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
OK, thanks guys, appreciate you feedback.  

Does anyone know of a code reader that would reach the manufacturers DTC for a reasonable price?  

My old Astra G had a blink code facility on it - press two pedals, turn ignition on and MIL blinked a code - is there anything like this with J's?
Opcom is probably the best budget reader
does opcom read Service vehicle soon codes on a J?
I think yes.
Yes it does
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
i thought i have read somewhere that opcom only work until astra H

I have mine J 2.0 165cv with the service vehicle soon message on screen, i have bought from amazon autel 519 but it shows no codes.

i guess i will buy opcom then if u guys say it works.

i saw on amazon version 1.95 and 1.99, both works with J's?
(11:th-Oct-2020, 13:14:54)Arkanggel10 Wrote: i thought i have read somewhere that opcom only work until astra H

I have mine J 2.0 165cv with the service vehicle soon message on screen, i have bought from amazon autel 519 but it shows no codes.

i guess i will buy opcom then if u guys say it works.

i saw on amazon version 1.95 and 1.99, both works with J's?

https://www.op-com.co.uk/

buy it direct pal
My Opcom thinks my 2.0CDTi Astra-J is a Vauxhall VX220 speedster if I let it auto detect the car.

I just select the model manually .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Vehicle soon and Op-com Arkanggel10 3 2,517 23:rd-Oct-2020, 16:09:22
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,443 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 38,109 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
'service vehicle soon' Ssss 1 1,723 12:th-Aug-2020, 07:56:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
Service vehicle soon??? k1ckboxer 3 2,168 10:th-Aug-2020, 14:53:25
Last Post: Ssss
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,641 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
  service vehicle soon stevedemp23 2 2,375 16:th-Jan-2020, 08:11:31
Service Bulletin syscleaner 2 2,295 1:st-Sep-2019, 18:26:13
Last Post: syscleaner
  Astra GTC service vehicle soon Beechy 9 9,762 25:th-Feb-2019, 15:53:15
Last Post: pat100
  Technical Service Bulletin 3141 ECU update Tony Davis 2 3,226 4:th-Feb-2019, 15:15:49
Last Post: Tony Davis