Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
diesel question

diesel question
I've just aquired a facelift sport tourer with the 1.7cdti engine and 6 speed box, with ecoflex and s/s
question - what is this combination like? economy and reliability etc?
It's the first modernish diesel I've owned
any comments gratefully received
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I like the 1.7cdti lump in the Mokka IIRC it's the same engine used in the J, but it's a different box.

Overall in the Mokka works well, as with any car it depends how its driven etc as to economy and what weight your carrying.

It's a good strong engine pulls really well.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
thanks for that, I've a bit of work to do on it before I can drive it
but well worth it (I think)
Progress pics.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
no progress yet, mainly 'cos it hasn't been delivered yet
I do know it's a techline and is fitted with a navi600, but until it arrives who knows?
(1:st-Mar-2020, 22:40:57)niteram Wrote: no progress yet, mainly 'cos it hasn't been delivered yet
I do know it's a techline and is fitted with a navi600, but until it arrives who knows?

Fingers crossed copart car I'm guessing?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
yes - how did you guess! https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/30216770/
the delivery driver I use dropped it off at 5.40 this morning, better than last time which was 2.30am, but they do a good job at a decent price.
car has navi600, Dab and bluetooth, all 4 tyres look new, I've only driven it 50yards, need to sort out the lights etc etc first.
I've had a pair of lights arrive today and a rear bumper should be here later in the week, then just a bit of panel beating and painting.
sounds easy doesn't it!
I've got an Astra j tech line 1.7cdti with s/s. As Rusty says it's really nice to drive, smooth under acceleration and has reasonable power especially on long motorway trips. Easy to drive around town, I tend to keep it in 3rd gear which helps with the slow down / speed up of urban traffic flow.

Fuel consumption is very good, I get about 60~ 63mpg if I'm doing a lot of motorway journeys and 45~50mpg if mainly urban. Though I do drive with fuel consumption in mind having said that I will travel at speed limit if possible.

There is plenty of features on the tech line and you can do a software upgrade on the nav 600 to nav 900, there is a how to on this site. I haven't done it but plenty others have, the only real advantage I can see is to the satnav, 3d maps and the ability to update to newer maps. I use Tom Tom go on my phone so can't see the need. On mine you can't stream your music via Bluetooth but there is USB and an aux input to cater for that.

Can I ask has your car got led drl's as mine has and wondering if they were part of the trim or whether the original owner specced them as an add on.

Anyway I hope you enjoy your new car as much as I enjoy mine.

Cheers Ken.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk
Hi, thanks for the input.
it has normal drl's
according to the dash display the previous owner was getting fuel consumption in the mid 50s
I've only driven it down to the garage for some fuel, then on to Lidl for a few bits n pieces, and also averaged mid 50s which is much better than my 1.6 petrol auto (mid/high 20s) and it's only £33 to tax (£260 for the petrol) who said diesels are bad?
If I keep this one I could save at least £1000 year, I've just to hope that HID likes driving it!
You must have a higher emission engine than mine (99 g/k) so it's £0 tax for me. My previous car was £260 a 1.8 petrol. Its nice not to get the credit card out when I re tax every year.

Cheers Ken.

yeah. its 114g/km if I remember rightly
does anyone know when the timing belt should be changed on these engines?
is it 100,000 miles / 6years?
I think they reduced it to 60,000 miles or 6 years just had mine changed, though it had done nearly 80,000 miles but had reached the 6 year mark.

Some one else may know better on the mileage limit.

Cheers Ken.

As far as I know it's 100k or 6yrs whichever comes first.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Threaded Mode Diesel Fuel guage erratic low fuel and then half tank caretaker 1 1,474 30:th-Dec-2022, 17:32:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Diesel door wont opel Arkanggel10 2 1,422 13:th-May-2021, 15:31:33
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,495 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  DPF Regen question SectorOMEGA 16 10,016 9:th-Sep-2020, 16:10:35
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Petrol sounds like a Diesel RadicalRooster 13 4,540 23:rd-Nov-2019, 21:46:23
Last Post: niteram
  Centre console Aux in question Mr_Benn 2 2,968 12:th-Jan-2019, 20:28:30
Last Post: Mr_Benn
  CD 400 Plus question channing76 11 12,694 30:th-Jun-2018, 07:16:12
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 3,993 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  Navi and Eco question Breengin 8 5,128 4:th-Nov-2017, 18:48:37