Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
around light gator the too how gear ambient

how too AMBIENT LIGHT AROUND THE GEAR GATOR
You really need to be looking more after the engine bay fuse-board rather than the headlight switch purely due to the wire the system is wired.

You possible tap in at the BCM but not 100% sure that would would.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
THANKS RUSTY
Do you have the S30 light switch, the drawing with cables what goes in and what comes out after the 1 position?
I mean all cables with earth and power you know what i mean?
i just could connect the 2 wires i need to those 2 wires after the 1st position and voila, there let be light!!!
Thanks
Pin out.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
TY RUSTY
So where do you think i should connect the 2 wires to have light to turn on manually on the 1st position? I think its on 4 and on 6 ground! what you think?
(24:th-Aug-2018, 09:39:50)Skemess Wrote: TY RUSTY
So where do you think i should connect the 2 wires to have light to turn on manually on the 1st position? I think its on 4 and on 6 ground! what you think?

You could try 4 but I don't think it's going to work I would push the wire in rather than do any splicing just to make sure.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(27:th-Aug-2018, 09:00:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:

You could try 4 but I don't think it's going to work I would push the wire in rather than do any splicing just to make sure.

HI 
SO WHERE DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CONNECT THEM THEM?
THANKS
(27:th-Aug-2018, 11:24:58)Skemess Wrote:
(27:th-Aug-2018, 09:00:29)Rusty2009 Wrote:

HI 
SO WHERE DO YOU THINK I SHOULD CONNECT THEM THEM?
THANKS

I think like this below but try your way first as it'll be easier if it works.

(19:th-Aug-2018, 07:49:49)Rusty2009 Wrote: You really need to be looking more after the engine bay fuse-board rather than the headlight switch purely due to the wire the system is wired.

You possible tap in at the BCM but not 100% sure that would would.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
perfect...
Where Can You Buy This LED ?
(31:st-Jan-2019, 16:41:55)yunuss06 Wrote: perfect...
Where Can You Buy This LED ?

Vauxhall GPS autovaux you may even find it on Ebay.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Installed the light on my Astra - manual handbrake, large connector.
I got the light with the same large connector, but the pins didn't match. On the LED connector they were set on 9 and 10, but when I plugged it in the LED was very dim. So I tried pins 7 and 8 as Rusty suggested and everything works fine.

The only problem is that there wasn't a chance to switch places of the pins on the LED connector. I tried pulling them out while using needles to try and free locking pins, but I just ended up breaking a few needles.
So I ended up cutting the wires, putting some needle style connectors on the end and plugging them directly into the car side connector.

If anyone knows how to remove the pins, that would be appreciated. Everything works now, but in the future, I'm afraid they could slip out.

Thanks for the great instructions!
Using terminal tools is the best method.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18xConnector-...2d705f6f03
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks, I'll try getting a hold of something like this.
Hey @Rusty2009 could you possibly repost the picture with the pinout of the (under gear gator) connector, it is blurred. Thanks!
(12:th-Feb-2020, 15:58:04)johnaros Wrote: Hey @Rusty2009 could you possibly repost the picture with the pinout of the (under gear gator) connector, it is blurred. Thanks!

I figured it out
will this work on my 2013 GTC, I got the big connector. 

Also nice tutorial
(13:th-Oct-2020, 17:57:57)L3r0y Wrote: will this work on my 2013 GTC, I got the big connector. 

Also nice tutorial

Yes in most cases the wiring in there already.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to ambient door lights tucpal 214 120,709 28:th-Mar-2021, 00:48:32
Last Post: Benk91
  How-to led reverse light tucpal 23 25,129 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:26:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to Extra boot light Rusty2009 65 40,625 7:th-Jan-2019, 08:41:31
Last Post: Rusty2009
  security light tucpal 34 22,288 2:nd-Jan-2019, 18:50:28
Last Post: Collster
  How To remove the front courtesy light Rusty2009 6 11,962 16:th-Feb-2015, 01:35:07
Last Post: tucpal

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (7:th-May-2023, 19:00:38), exhippykev (27:th-Jun-2023, 20:57:02)