Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
power no

No power

Hi guys 

I got a astra j 1.3cdti estate 61 plate. A couple of weeks ago the front part of the exhaust fell off where the flexi is. It went into limp mode which I was told was normal by my mate in the garage. So I put a new front pipe on all went okay and no leaks. But when I took it for a drive it was still not 100% it was a lot better but seems to have no power. So my other mate plugged it into his machine to see what's happening it came up with pdf filter needs cleaning So he cleared it off and I went for a long drive over 2500 revs and I put some pdf cleaner into the tank as well. It was a little bit better but still not 100%. So he said take the battery off it might reset it so I did that still nothing. So my mate in the garage said he would clean the pdf filter out for me, he put his snap-on laptop in the car and rev 2500 for about 15 minutes after that he said it was cleaned, it was showing 12 and now showing 0.2. It went a bit better but still not 100% so he said next to do is clean the pipes and egr valve out, which I did and it was full. But it's still the same!! I don't know what's else to do?? 

The problem is, it drives fine on flats roads you can feel it's sluggish when you put your foot down it take ages to get up there. But when you going up hill it's no power its in 3rd doing over 3000 revs and we going like 25mph.

The codes that was coming up is pdf filter and that still comes up now sometimes then go off by itself. Glow plug which was on there when I got it 6 months ago so can't be that my mate said and turbo learn which my mate said that's cause I've taking the battery off. 

We had nothing wrong with it till the exhaust fell off since that we've lost power and can't get it back any ideas would be great thanks Scott
What are the fault code's there are a few codes related to the DPF.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm not sure it just comes up on the dash saying diesel partic filter full continue driving. Is there a way to get them up like the old astra with the pedals?
No the pedal test doesn't work, you really need to the code read with a MDI & GDS2 or with an op-com.

If it's saying the DPF is full yet you've had a static regen done they it could be pointing to a faulty DPF sensor.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
So I need to give it back to my mate to plug it back in have I??

Would a sensor do that to my car lose power. I have read up in the net saying mas air sensor or something
You could buy an op-com
http://www.op-com.co.uk/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

I personally wouldn't be buying any parts until you know error codes and even then further testing would be advised to prove the fault is what the fault code is reporting.

While the internet and forums like this are great for giving advise we don't have a crystal ball and can't see your car so no-one can say replace this that or the other.

Let's look at the facts you've told us so far.

DPF error message, DPF full static regen done (there diag kit said it was down to 12% afterwards) still getting error messages saying DPF full.

Now this is in no way pointing to MAF sensor its pointing to the DPF.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah I don't want to spend money on stuff which isn't going to fix it I don't mind spending the money when I know what it is. But people I know are saying oh get this or it could be this, change that next thing then £400 later and still the same.

My mate on holiday till Friday I see when he can fit the car back in and see what codes are coming up
As rusty says you can spend a fortune guessing and it turns out to be a £20 sensor or something like.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Steering wheel angle, esp, power Steering smoky-jr 3 2,560 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:23:26
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Power, performance and looks RVernon 1 2,506 16:th-Jul-2019, 13:45:07
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lacking Power - What can I check everson38 3 2,802 10:th-Jul-2019, 10:44:50
Last Post: Big Dave2
  wires power amplifier alexy357 8 4,705 3:rd-Mar-2019, 17:05:22
Last Post: alexy357
  1.6 cdti power loss ihastings 25 19,354 19:th-Oct-2018, 07:37:42
  Help diagnosing loss of power Thebatfink 9 11,425 6:th-Jul-2016, 07:23:31
  GAIN MORE POWER ASTRA J 2.0 CDTI ECOFLEX ELITE 165BHP Bturbo123 44 39,794 3:rd-Jun-2016, 14:14:02
Last Post: tucpal
  USB Port Power Boost sheppy1 6 6,159 10:th-May-2015, 23:12:40
  Power Consumption sheppy1 3 3,959 6:th-Apr-2015, 16:26:02
Last Post: sheppy1
  Connects2 interface box constant power. Rusty2009 14 9,465 18:th-Nov-2014, 18:07:33