Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
connector airbag

Airbag connector
Hi all

This is my first post, all i did so far was reading
My english is not so good but i'll do my  best.

I have a tiny problem on my astra, and i could use some help from you guys.

I tried to swap my steering wheel with leather one from insignia (found one at scrapyard)

All went well, until i tried to fit my airbag inside. Turns out it does not fit. So i go back where i bought the steering wheel and i buy the airbag too. 
That was stupid act from my side (i gave 70 euros for the steering wheel, and extra 180 for the airbag) since it turns out that airbag does fit the wheel (which is normal because it's from the same car) but airbag can not connect to my car.

my car/airbag have only one connector

but, airbag from insignia has 2. green one and the yellow one

is there any way to connect this airbag to my vehicle in order to get it fully working (activate in case needed + turning off airbag light on my dash)?
Any help/advise is welcome

Cheers

(images are not mine (in case i did not forget how to post them on forums), i found those on google)
You may need to get the small loom.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
is this black slip ring the same on astra/insignia or they are different? 
if they are the same, is this cable unpluggable from this black ring or not? if yes, is there any difference in connectors (since one has 2 and other 4 wires)
I can try to get entire slip ring with 2 connectors from this insignia, but will it fit from other, bottom side? i know steering wheel buttons one will fit for sure (they work ) but im not so sure about the other one.

i know i'm asking too much but, if you guys don't know this, i don't know who could
No they don't come out the plug is locked in by the plastic over it.

I don't know if the Insignia squib will fit the Astra but it should do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
it's probably the horn wiring is different, the green plug, so hopefully the new squib should fix your issue

The Astra airbag moves to sound the horn, on the Insignia the airbag is bolted to the steering wheel so must have an internal switch instead
so the green connector has nothing to do with airbag itself (if i understood correctly) it handles the horn.
even if the new squib from insignia does not fit (from any reason) i could replace my yellow connector with one from insignia.

please confirm that i got this in the right way (bloody language barrier) 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Driver door connector pinout Mara_J 5 4,551 14:th-Nov-2020, 09:53:25
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Navi600 usb connector Reddevil2412 3 2,886 18:th-Aug-2020, 07:10:54
  ECO button connector diagram (start/stop) aurega 1 8,218 4:th-Nov-2018, 15:06:37

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Blue Dog (20:th-Mar-2024, 05:33:59)