Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
scale wheel vector vxr of the 20inch drawing or

Scale drawing or vector drawing of the 20inch VXR wheel.
We've just got a vinyl cutter in work and fancy sticking some vinyl on the wheel (Mainly just to mess around) but might look in to getting some decent vinyl and might be able knock together other stuff for members.
Sounds interesting

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From the messing around we've done so far it will cut out shapes etc in the vinyl so I'm thinking if it will be possible to cover the polished part of the wheels in vinyl. Might add a layer of protection.
Not sure where you will find a scale drawing mate other than hunting the web for it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Rusty2009 Wrote:Not sure where you will find a scale drawing mate other than hunting the web for it.

Yeah I had a bit of a look whilst in work, I'm going to carry on looking but I might just end up taking a picture of the wheel I trying to make required picture from that.
How about using a large piece of paper and carry out a tracing
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Somebody on vxronline has offered to create the relevant file needed if I can supply them a picture of the wheel. So bringing the spare alloy in to work tomorrow so that we can get a decent picture of it.

Going to give the vinyl's we have that came with the cutter a try first and if it all goes well going to try some of the different colours. My main thought though is getting some protective vinyl and getting it cut to add some protection for the wheels on the polished faces.
This sounds interesting, could have the same done on the bi-turbo wheels.
Well here's the trial run, used an of cut of vinyl we had just to make sure we have all the measurements correct. I've not had chance yet to fit it on the spare so will be doing it when I get home tonight. Then we can sort out any final adjustments before running the full 5 off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Awesome work mate, lets hope its a perfect fit
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well the off cut wasn't perfect. But and there's a couple of adjustments that will be needed hopefully should have this solved tomorrow in work

but here's the pictures of it fitted.

We have a few different colours in work might give orange a try.
I like that goes well with my colour scheme. How good a match is it to Arden Blue

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
That looks really good mate

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Blue is to dark compared to the arden. Once I've got the measurement all sorted and we use a decent piece of vinyl I'll fit the wheel on the car.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk
very good idea john
how are they cut out do you have a laser cutter as well.
No Laser cutter :( It's just a vinyl cutter that we have. Might put the idea forward to the boss to get a laser cutter though.
Well there's an improvement on todays test. Need to take measurements of the spokes etc. and then adjust the artwork to suit it's out in a couple of places.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]124[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looking good mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
you may have a good seller there also
coming along really good blue is better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia vx flat steering wheel Anthonwr 1 2,586 25:th-Aug-2021, 11:41:29
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Steering wheel remote control retrofit EricMod 32 21,761 10:th-Jul-2021, 12:37:38
Last Post: carolef1984
  Adding speed limiter from steering wheel? husky 4 7,016 17:th-May-2020, 17:25:37
Last Post: z8083
  successfully retrofitted heated steering wheel? husky 7 8,594 8:th-Sep-2018, 20:11:26
Last Post: husky