Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to where head units standard find

Where to find standard head units
Hey all, 

I have a '16 plate SRi, when i brought it has a DriveAuto head unit. 

Does anyone know where I can find a 600/650/950 to put it back to standard? 

I have been using a newer corsa for a bit and have found android auto enabled system to be perfect for me and i would like to go back to one of these standard units and use it?

Could only find this on ebay: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTR...SwnntbnQIc

Any help would be appreciated!
You would need wiring changes and programming to make a Navi work, none of factory navi's have android auto on the J.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hi guys just a quick question I have a 2012 Astra j 5 door with a Navi 600 head unit but it has no Bluetooth, could I just buy a factory by module and wiring loom and it will work or at I being abit nieve??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(17:th-Oct-2018, 08:28:38)Camdragon94 Wrote: Hi guys just a quick question I have a 2012 Astra j 5 door with a Navi 600 head unit but it has no Bluetooth, could I just buy a factory by module and wiring loom and it will work or at I being abit nieve??

The Navi unit would need programming so it knew BT was there.

Myself in Bournemouth or John in Northampton could program the Navi for you and supply and fit the BT module and wiring.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(17:th-Oct-2018, 09:52:42)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(17:th-Oct-2018, 08:28:38)Camdragon94 Wrote: Hi guys just a quick question I have a 2012 Astra j 5 door with a Navi 600 head unit but it has no Bluetooth, could I just buy a factory by module and wiring loom and it will work or at I being abit nieve??

Myself in Bournemouth or John in Northampton could program the Navi for you and supply and fit the BT module and wiring.

Hi Rusty that’s smashing do you know rough cost for of these??

(17:th-Oct-2018, 09:53:36)Camdragon94 Wrote:
(17:th-Oct-2018, 09:52:42)Rusty2009 Wrote:

Hi Rusty that’s smashing do you know rough cost for of these??

BT modules can picked up fairly cheaply off ebay just need to make sure it comes with a bracket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astr...:rk:7:pf:0

If you wanted loom, fitting and programming from myself,

To supply and fit loom £100 (custom made loom as you can't buy them separate from dash loom) to program radio would be £70 (this would also give you rear camera & DAB if you wanted to fit at a later date).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the information not as expensive as I though is it hard to do the DAB upgrade and rear camera as I think doing all at once would be best save doing two trips as I’m in Nottinghamshire

Regards
Cam

DAB module
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-INSI...:rk:1:pf:0

Rear camera on 5-door Hatchback & GTC is £170 supplied and fitted (again custom made loom).

If you want to go down the DAB route at the same I'd advise a roof aerial, best I've used (for sharkfin wise is Calearo or Celsus) of course you could use a windscreen mount one.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hi Rusty

Thanks for the tips as soon as I have bought the modules needed I’ll contact yourself about the programming of the units and come down to you if that’s ok.

Thanks for all the help

May also end up wanting the LED Conversion too

(17:th-Oct-2018, 16:29:19)Camdragon94 Wrote: Hi Rusty

Thanks for the tips as soon as I have bought the modules needed I’ll contact yourself about the programming of the units and come down to you if that’s ok.

Thanks for all the help

May also end up wanting the LED Conversion too

That's not a problem at all.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 105,472 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 52,538 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,366 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,244 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 37,684 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5
  after market head init marky79 0 5,274 4:th-Nov-2018, 17:17:12
Last Post: marky79
  What's the best dongle for a V5754 android head unit? johnboy999 11 8,601 12:th-May-2018, 20:36:07
Last Post: Alby75
  Android head unit stuck johnboy999 12 7,733 10:th-Apr-2018, 21:03:11
Last Post: johnboy999
  Android 8.0 V5754 Head unit questions mdruedal 0 4,350 22:nd-Mar-2018, 23:46:50
Last Post: mdruedal
  How to remove the head unit from the car includes Screen removal Rusty2009 9 19,387 28:th-Sep-2017, 19:00:13
Last Post: Rusty2009