Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
beam programming assist high

Programming high beam assist
Hello,
on the windschield of my astra there is a camera for the lane departure warning, next to it there is a small lense/camera facing forward. it is just beneath the sensor for the light/rain.
I read that this lense/camera is the one for high beam assist. My car does not have this option from the factory. I read that other cars come with the second camera and again high beam assist is not prsent.
My question is: Is it possible to program some module with TECH2 (My friend have it) and enable the high beam assist?
Thank you
I would of thought that it needs a VCI code, probably another loom or some wiring at least.
It should be bad if it's like that... My car does have AFL and the camera and i thought there wil be only programming involved.

Can someone experienced give a clue?
Thank you
IF you have the camera for lane dep and road signs that also has HBA.

You can't program with tech2 need MDI, the option should need to be turned on on the IPC.

Note there are 2 systems for HBA.

The bog standard system which just has the HBA mirror.
The fancy system which has front camera with Lane dep & road signs.

Both are separate systems and cannot be fitted together.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Here is a picture of the windschield. On the up close picture i show with red the little lense thats inside. Is this the HBA camera?
If yes, doesh this mean that with MDI and vci code, the HBA can be enabled?

No I explained in my post about the 2 systems.

The HBA should be working and it will work via the camera in the centre.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hello and thanks for the clarification!
I was thinking that the small facing forward lense is for the HBA, atleast i read like that in one other forum.

As i understand now, i will have HBA working when i enable it in the IPC with the help of MDI, correct?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  navi950 programming livo 2 5,878 13:th-Aug-2021, 11:13:53
Last Post: livo
  navi 500 programming tzr608 14 10,349 15:th-Mar-2020, 23:15:54
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Side Blind Spot Assist. Tylerrattv 3 3,050 30:th-Apr-2019, 05:59:39
Last Post: Tylerrattv
  Front camera retrofit for Lane departure and traffic sign assist Rusty2009 124 70,694 2:nd-Feb-2019, 11:54:01
Last Post: marktourino
  Advanced Park Assist Rusty2009 8 7,437 16:th-Dec-2018, 21:33:29
Last Post: BOLT

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:17:23)