Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
j connection usb astra elite 1 or need on din

Need usb connection or din 1 on Astra J Elite
I am replacing my old Astra G with an Astra J Mk 6 , I am selecting from the local VX dealer, currently I am looking at reg DG15 JWO, which is an Elite spec.

I replaced the ICE system in the old Astra G with a single Din Kenwood KDC 3054U Radio/CD player with a USB socket.
It is the USB facility which I use the most for playing my music from a memory stick, but I understand from the sales dept that the Astra J does not have a USB socket incorporated in the entertainment centre.

If sales are correct, can anyone advise the simplest way to convert the new car so it will have a USB socket? I was hoping that I could obtain a kit to convert the 2 din down to 1 din. I don't mind if I can't use the Kenwood, I just want usb connection.
Dynamic Sounds limited or Connects2 supply conversion kits from din 2 to din 1 but I can't ascertain whether they have exactly what I need for my model.
(2:nd-Sep-2018, 21:20:16)benawhile Wrote: I am replacing my old Astra G with an Astra J Mk 6 , I am selecting from the local VX dealer, currently I am looking at reg DG15 JWO, which is an Elite spec.

I replaced the ICE system in the old Astra G with a single Din Kenwood KDC 3054U Radio/CD player with a USB socket.
It is the USB facility which I use the most for playing my music from a memory stick, but I understand from the sales dept that the Astra J does not have a USB socket incorporated in the entertainment centre.

If sales are correct, can anyone advise the simplest way to convert the new car so it will have a USB socket? I was hoping that I could obtain a kit to convert the 2 din down to 1 din. I don't mind if I can't use the Kenwood, I just want usb connection.
Dynamic Sounds limited or Connects2 supply conversion kits from din 2 to din 1 but I can't ascertain whether they have exactly what I need for my model.

Hello what is the factory spec radio for DG15JWO is it the CD400, CD400Plus, CD500, Navi600, Navi650, Navi900 or Navi950 I think that are a couple of more radio codes but with the exception of the CD400 then all the other models would have a USB port.
Mine is fitted with the CD 400, but don't know if that is the original. Very unlkely it has been changed, wouldn't you agree?
@Jpbroad1970 can you check this REG please mate see if it has USB.

If it hasn't got USB it can be added Most dealers haven't got a clue what they are selling let alone what can be added.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(3:rd-Sep-2018, 07:11:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: @Jpbroad1970 can you check this REG please mate see if it has USB.

If it hasn't got USB it can be added Most dealers haven't got a clue what they are selling let alone what can be added.
It doesn't have usb just aux

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Thank you Jpbroad and Rusty. What is involved in adding usb? Will the dealer do it and what would they charge, and would anyone else eg Halfrds do it, or could I d i y it? I don't mind d i y, I fitted a 2nd hand ECU and associated bits to the Astra G. Nerve wracking but it worked.
(3:rd-Sep-2018, 12:45:04)benawhile Wrote: Thank you Jpbroad and Rusty. What is involved in adding usb? Will the dealer do it and what would they charge, and would anyone else eg Halfrds do it, or could I d i y it? I don't mind d i y, I fitted a 2nd hand ECU and associated bits to the Astra G. Nerve wracking but it worked.

Dealer wouldn't fit it no.

You would need the USB retrofit kit 13397904 around £200 http://www.vauxhallsuperstore.co.uk/prod...e_13397904. Your Radio would also need programming via VCI which Again Vauxhall wouldn't be able to do.

I do sale Radio's all ready programmed for DAB BT & USB which you can plug into your car.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Cd400-with-BT-kit

The USB kit is really simple to fit yourself.
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13397904.pdf
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD400 upgrade Astra vxr 2014 Nathan 6 4,491 22:nd-Oct-2019, 20:13:14
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra SRi CDTI VX Line - CD400 Upgrade options AdaKer 3 3,734 13:th-Aug-2019, 06:48:28
Last Post: Schiffers
  reverse camera for Astra J Sports tourer ollomatic 12 6,173 31:st-Jul-2018, 20:51:16
Last Post: Lansa
  my 1st Astra J Audio Help CD400 NEATH-LAD 8 8,509 1:st-Jul-2017, 08:01:59
Last Post: srea064
  Navi950 mic radio connection Jpbroad1970 0 3,065 21:st-May-2017, 19:43:43
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  single din in astra j micko 4 4,812 8:th-Apr-2017, 21:34:34
Last Post: Rusty2009
  External fm/dab antenna in Astra J mdruedal 5 6,942 27:th-Oct-2016, 21:55:56
Last Post: mdruedal