Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
limied gtc cdti edition astra auto 2

Astra GTC Limied Edition CDTI 2.0 auto
Hi,

Im new to ths forum so I want to start by introducing myself. My name is Michael and I recently purchased a white Astra GTC Limited Edition CDTI 2.0 automatic. The car is still completely standard but I do already have a long list of modifications planned which I would welcome any opinions, advice and experiences on, the list is as follows:

VXR pedals
LED's for footwell
silver Vauxhall badges replaced with black Opel badges
personalised number plate
stage 1 remap
cone filter
30mm lowering springs
door sills
smoked tail lights
mud flaps
Android head unit
number plate LED's
LED fog lights
Twin exhaust pipe
Welcome to VXOC.

Pedal covers if you a member of our Facebook page there is a chap called Micheal Dolan he's a top bloke and he normally has pedal covers in for £28-30 posted.

Foot-well light there is a how-to on here for that. https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...ELL-LIGHTS

As to cone filter I was advised by my remaper not to have a cone & that my K&N panel filter is the best option.

Mud flaps can be fitted again a how-to is here for that it is based on 5-door but somewhere there is a post about GTC. https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...-Mud-flaps

Android unit although a lot like them be careful on the BT side a lot of people moan about that, we are now also starting to see people getting screen/unit issues.

Number-plate LED's you want a good set something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIGHTS-LIGHTI...SwQItUGsXu

Twin pipes you could fit the BI-turbo back-box or go custom
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
thanks for all of your help rusty ill be rejoining Facebook over the next few days so Ill have a look for him. thanks for all of the "how to" videos they'll be a huge help to me as im not very technically minded. I've also read online about people having big problems with the android head unit so I might give that particular modification a miss, at least for a while. Do you know of any Vauxhall owners/Astra owners meets taking place in the near future? also, are you aware if smoked/tinted tail lights are an MOT issue because I've been seeing differing opinions online? again thanks very much for all of your help so far.

Michael
Welcome to the forum mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks very much sparky. I'm like a kid in a sweets shop looking at all of the awesome modifications of this forum haha
I think your going to find a deference no matter who ask as long as the lights are still clearly visible you shouldn't really have an issue.

Not sure if any meets are going on other than Trax.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I think Ill risk it then because if I face an MOT issues I can always remove the tinting on the tail lights
Rusty do you by any chance offer an LED headlight/taillight installation service?
(21:st-Jan-2019, 13:21:36)Mickey88 Wrote: Rusty do you by any chance offer an LED headlight/taillight installation service?

If all bulbs are supplied yes but I take no responsibility if you get errors etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That’s great, are there any specific LED bulbs you’d recommend because I have no idea when it comes to this type of thing? I’m just really sick of the low quality yellow looking DRL, headlights and tail lights
In Terms of LED/HID kits I don't really have any I could recommend because there are so many on the market & if I do fit them they are supplied by customer.

If you are on the Facebook group I know a few have fitted LED's in the headlight so that could be a good place.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I haven’t posted anything on here for quite a while due to being busy but I’m currently thinking about adding a gloss black front bumper diffuser and gloss black side skirts to my white GTC limited edition. What’s everybody’s opinion on this idea??
A bold idea indeed but you don't too many GTC's of a multi coloured combination
It’s something I’ve been considering for months now to be honest mark, I’ve changed the badges to gloss black to match the gtc spoiler and I’ve wrapped the front grill gloss black too so I’m considering gloss black aftermarket side skirt add ons and a gloss black front diffuser just to round off the white/gloss black combination. If it ends up looking rubbish then I can always just whip them off again haha
I do like a white car with black accents
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
I’ve actually found a front bumper diffuser and side skirts which I’m thinking about purchasing, please feel free to give opinions on them everybody..

Front diffuser
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRONT-DIFFUSE...8deb09f3c3

Side skirts
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDE-SKIRTS-A...1740874751

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,598 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,190 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Astra J with Insignia parts Roksab 2 3,035 16:th-Jul-2021, 09:04:52
Last Post: marktourino
  My 2011 Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI Jetcolour 58 14,155 15:th-Jan-2021, 11:07:16
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,091 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,365 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26
Last Post: Rusty2009
  yessi's 2.0 cdti Atra J Elite yessi 27 10,264 1:st-Mar-2020, 20:05:36
Last Post: yessi
  Defrank’s Astra 1.6 petrol defrank 13 14,943 20:th-Dec-2019, 08:48:26
Last Post: AndyF79
  Astra Elite Tourer 2.0 CDTI. Steveb19111978 67 25,453 25:th-Sep-2019, 18:39:00
Last Post: Steveb19111978
  Mara´s Astra Mara_J 1 4,100 20:th-Jul-2019, 11:28:15
Last Post: marktourino

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (22:nd-Jul-2023, 21:17:22)