Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
v5754 reception icebox issues

ICEBOX V5754 reception issues
Hi to all!

I have just installed my V5754 in my Vauxhall Astra J. Most things work nicely but the GPS Reception is very, very poor. The GPS info app shows that there is one sattelite it can reach and that is at 15 percent or 8 or whaterver. I don't really know what the pre-installed app wishes to communicate. I just assume that it's bad .
Google Maps also can't find my location although I'm logged into my WiFi and I placed the antenna just below the windscreen.

The radio reception is equally bad. I can get one radio station okayish. With the old system I got plenty of stations crystal clear.

Any hints or help? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Don't want to send the unit back but these two things are gamebreakers for me.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

When car vision installed my system 3 yrs ago, they said that they put the GPS aerial under the bonnet, just below the scuttle area as they said there is some issue with the Astra-J windscreens masking GPS signals. I suspect you have the same issue if that's where you've put your GPS aerial.
Unfortunately, my experience has found that the FM signal has never been very good on the Chinese units (mine included)
As for the GPS that’s a strange one as mine is on the dash just in front of the centre speaker and my signal is perfect.
Do you have any problems with the GPS on your phone? Could just be the area you are in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the same unit and think the FM signal is better than my cd400, I have the GPS above my glove box and it works perfectly.

Just a side note anyone know how to set radio stations to the numbers 1,2,3 ect?
Move the GPS aerial. best place I've found is up by the roof light
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you all for your ideas and support!

I have already put the aerial for GPS on the car's roof and still there is no signal at all. My phone's GPS works perfectly. I asked Icebox for help and hope that they will answer me.
Maybe it's just the GPS aerial?

A bit off topic: My Icebox's BT has already been paired to a device which is not mine and has WiFis saved which I don't know. Is this normal or could I have a pre-used unit?

@Astrajosh:
Sorry, I haven't figured this out either yet..
(25:th-Jun-2018, 19:41:18)Astrajosh Wrote: I have the same unit and think the FM signal is better than my cd400, I have the GPS above my glove box and it works perfectly.

Just a side note anyone know how to set radio stations to the numbers 1,2,3 ect?

Is it not push and the number until it's set?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Mine also had a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth saved.
I thought the same as you about it being a returned item but thought they might bench test it.

Tried a long press but it just goes to the station that's already at that number.

There's a few things I'd like to sort out like changing the theme and be able to use voice commands like the Mrs fiesta can :(

But overall I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
It sounds like the GPS aerial may not be attached properly or is faulty, especialy if it still doesn't get reception while on the roof. I have the B5754 (Android 7 version) and have the GPS in the where the centre speaker normally would be and get good reception.
(30:th-Jun-2018, 18:59:54)jw021979 Wrote: It sounds like the GPS aerial may not be attached properly or is faulty, especialy if it still doesn't get reception while on the roof. I have the B5754 (Android 7 version) and have the GPS in the where the centre speaker normally would be and get good reception.

Indeed it was. With a new antenna the GPS is working just fine!

Also:
Rob from ICEBOX advised me in terms of the GPS and also he answered my questions concerning my thoughts about the unit being a former used one. I am content now and happy that the unit is working so well now.

On topic of the radio reception issues:
I had to install something which in German is called "Phantomspeisung" which amplifies the signal from the aerial as far as I know. The stock Vauxhall Radio units like the CD400 have this built in. When I put the thing in radio reception got a lot better.

Quote:Posted by Astrajosh - 30:th-Jun-2018, 06:47:08

Tried a long press but it just goes to the station that's already at that number.

Have you tried a long press not on your physical buttons but on the virtual one on the display. Im my case this saved the station to this slot and I could also change to it by using the physical button.

Thanks @all for your help. I really appreciate it!
Hi all sorry to answer so slow.

I tried the long press again and it's working now :s

A couple of things weren't working when I first tried so maybe it needed time to set up correctly.

My next plan is to remove the redundant aux port in the car and fit a usb port there instead. Also need fit a longer microphone so it'll fit in the factory microphone location.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  V5754 forgets settings ollomatic 0 2,791 23:rd-Nov-2018, 18:51:43
Last Post: ollomatic
  V5754: Indicator sound not loud enough ollomatic 5 5,199 28:th-Jul-2018, 10:16:23
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  What's the best dongle for a V5754 android head unit? johnboy999 11 8,576 12:th-May-2018, 20:36:07
Last Post: Alby75
  Android 8.0 V5754 Head unit questions mdruedal 0 4,348 22:nd-Mar-2018, 23:46:50
Last Post: mdruedal
  Icebox auto Spud7997 5 6,513 3:rd-Jun-2017, 10:05:27
Last Post: stigeye