Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
fm dab up signal down and

dab and fm signal up and down
Hi i have a gtc 2013 with fm and dab factory but the signal for fm and dab seems to be rubbish . signal is up and down all the time.....any idea's why????
They are done on rear screen so I would check connection's clean screen in and out and see if that helps.
Other than that you be looking at external aerial.
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
Hi

Could be a bad reception area as I didn't seem to have any loss of signal even when I had the factory fitted CD400+, I presume that you still have the stock stereo in place & what model do you have.
(23:rd-Jun-2018, 19:41:08)marktourino Wrote: Hi

Could be a bad reception area as I didn't seem to have any loss of signal even when I had the factory fitted CD400+, I presume that you still have the stock stereo in place & what model do you have.

yes and its the cd400 ..... i have never had a vauxhall radio to be so rubbish
I believe that your dab antenna is on driver's side rear passenger window & FM/AM is through your sharkfin aerial, I had the CD400 fitted in my previous Astra SRI but that was only FM/AM, no dab or bluetooth.
(24:th-Jun-2018, 06:10:15)marktourino Wrote: I believe that your dab antenna is on driver's side rear passenger window & FM/AM is through your sharkfin aerial, I had the CD400 fitted in my previous Astra SRI  but that was only FM/AM, no dab or bluetooth.

I had the hatch plastic off to see if there is any dab modules but nothing .looked under the trim and there is a purple connector clipped into the roof But nothing plugged into it. The fin has no wires coming out of it so now wondering if am looking in the wrong place.
Your dab and fm aerials clip onto your heated rear screen like I said before. Your roof aerial is just a dummy.

Your main dab module is right hand side under dashboard.
Same set up as my old 5 door
Hope that helps
Bearing in mind that tzr68 have a GTC which I have then I thought that the dab & AM/FM antennas were on the Rear side driver & passenger windows unless the side windows are use for demisting ?
(25:th-Jun-2018, 09:47:21)marktourino Wrote: Bearing in mind that tzr68 have a GTC which I have then I thought that the dab & AM/FM antennas were on the Rear side driver & passenger windows unless the side windows are use for demisting ?

Yeah I’m with you on this one, rear quarter windows on the GTC and rear screen for the 5 door, not sure about the tourer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stand corrected lol.

You live and learn
A couple of top men you are Jpbroad1970 & sparkyscfc74, I have received & read so much valuable advice & information from the pair of you & other members who have assisted me with my previous Astra SRI & now GTC Biturbo, the wealth of information which you all possess is far better than the internet, the information available to members is phenomenal & which I wouldn't find on any other site, unity is the main bond of this site & I might not know you all personally but I would like to say a big thankyou for all the sterling effort put into this site.
That’s very nice of you to say
I’ve only learned from being on here myself and doing things. We’re all here to help each other

Thanks mate, everyone on here puts a lot of effort in and as you say there is a wealth of information here, it couldn't all be done though without @rusty2009 running the forum to the high standard it is. It's like a second home to some of us lol.
just for information
my tourer has fm aerials in both rear side windows and the dab aerial in the drivers side rear window
I have a Navi 600 so my sharkfin is for gps I think
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
they are indeed on the rear quarter windows on the GTC models, the amps are connected direct to the windows

(27:th-Jun-2018, 15:45:04)vocky Wrote: they are indeed on the rear quarter windows on the GTC models, the amps are connected direct to the windows

thanks for that
(27:th-Jun-2018, 15:45:04)vocky Wrote: they are indeed on the rear quarter windows on the GTC models, the amps are connected direct to the windows

Which one of the 2 wires is the DAB aerial? Is it 1 or both?

(23:rd-Jun-2018, 17:02:33)tzr608 Wrote: Hi i have a gtc 2013 with fm and dab factory but the signal for fm and dab seems to be rubbish . signal is up and down all the time.....any idea's why????

if your intrested ive got the calearo dab / fm-am uprated sharkfin with leads inc wich i bought in error for sale pm me for more details & price.
there are two amps, one on each side of the car, one side is FM and the other side of the car is DAB
(2:nd-Jul-2018, 08:38:06)vocky Wrote: there are two amps, one on each side of the car, one side is FM and the other side of the car is DAB

Any idea which is which as I was thinking of splitting the cable to my Android dab arial and connecting it to the contacts on the rear quarter window?

Does anyone know if it’s feasible to splice into these two wires from an Android DAB module to use the areal signal as it looks basically the same set up as the sticky areal I have already ie. 2 wires?

Don't see why not mate, everything is worth a try.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Jul-2018, 08:25:42)Rusty2009 Wrote: Don't see why not mate, everything is worth a try.

Cheers matey, is the drivers side DAB?

I can't remember I know its the shorter one.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
My DAB module box was on the driver's side when Rusty replaced my CD400+
(17:th-Jul-2018, 09:27:19)marktourino Wrote: My DAB module box was on the driver's side when Rusty replaced my CD400+

Cheers for the info mate I’ve connected it to the aerial wires but it’s not much better, I could do with finding a way to connect it pre amp so it boosts the signal

What connection is your DAB unit? it maybe possible to install the factory DAB aerial and then get some adaptors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(18:th-Jul-2018, 07:07:34)Rusty2009 Wrote: What connection is your DAB unit? it maybe possible to install the factory DAB aerial and then get some adaptors.

I’ll try to post some pictures later, I don’t really know what I’m doing tbh

(18:th-Jul-2018, 07:07:34)Rusty2009 Wrote: What connection is your DAB unit? it maybe possible to install the factory DAB aerial and then get some adaptors.

Hi Rusty, this is the connector on my Android DAB box

Don’t know if this would work also don’t know the correct terminology for the aerial connectors?

Thanks in advance

SMB & fakra.

But you want SMB male to Fakra female. or you could buy a smaller adaptor male to male SMB
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(23:rd-Jul-2018, 17:49:11)Rusty2009 Wrote: SMB & fakra.

But you want SMB male to Fakra female. or you could buy a smaller adaptor male to male SMB

Cheers buddy I’ll have a look what’s on eBay

(23:rd-Jul-2018, 17:49:11)Rusty2009 Wrote: SMB & fakra.

Is this something like mate?

Thread revival! #sorrynotsorry

I also have a Tourer and have an Android DAB+ module. Coming to connect it up and wondering about using the antenna in the driverside glass.

Did you ever get this all wired up and working?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra J Coming Home Module / Key Signal Diagram EricMod 9 8,929 16:th-Jan-2019, 12:20:43
Last Post: Big Dave2

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
mark_palmer (26:th-Dec-2023, 18:40:19)