Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
unlock stuck help shut tailgate wont and

Tailgate Stuck Shut and wont unlock HELP
Hey all,
Wonder if any of you can help us,
We had a little trouble with the tailgate not closing so i cleaned up the mechanism and sprayed it etc and it worked perfect for a few months, now its stuck shut.
The central locking is working fine except you cant hear the click in the tailgate, I checked the fuse and its fine.
I have all the plastics and trim off and for the life of me I cannot find the switch to open it manually.
Can any of you kind souls help.
TIA
There is an override in the boot which you can use an Alan-key to open it from the inside.

On the trim there is a rubber grommet over the hole.

It maybe the switch that has gone faulty.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(9:th-May-2018, 13:10:43)luvie Wrote: Hey all,
Wonder if any of you can help us,
We had a little trouble with the tailgate not closing so i cleaned up the mechanism and sprayed it etc and it worked perfect for a few months, now its stuck shut.
The central locking is working fine except you cant hear the click in the tailgate, I checked the fuse and its fine.
I have all the plastics and trim off and for the life of me I cannot find the switch to open it manually.
Can any of you kind souls help.
TIA

Had this in my Corsa when I had one previously. Try disconnecting the battery for 10 mins and see if that resets it. When I took it to Vx that was what they did and it got it working again. They then ordered a new switch and supposedly replaced it under warranty, but I'd never have known if they really did or if this just fixed it.
Thanks so much I will give it a try , thanks to you both

I have tried tried disconnecting the battery and it still wont open, I have uploaded a picture of the boot lock, for the life of me I cannot find the emergency release allen blot. (HELP)
Also where is the switch that would need replaced... Thanks so much in Advance
Just above the mechanism it’s not an Allen bolt you need an Allen key a big one or something big enough to fit.

Here’s some pics of mine to help everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diesel door wont opel Arkanggel10 2 1,366 13:th-May-2021, 15:31:33
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  New Fuel filter. Wont start SALMHAGE 1 2,286 18:th-Dec-2019, 23:24:29
Last Post: SALMHAGE
  Tailgate issue Qaranc 0 2,656 1:st-Jun-2019, 09:24:16
Last Post: Qaranc
  Tailgate LED Martz66 5 3,277 12:th-Nov-2018, 13:35:27
Last Post: Martz66
  Help, doors wont open! ixlix 2 2,574 18:th-Jun-2018, 08:24:51
Last Post: ixlix
  Rear tailgate bulb Jon3sy 4 3,754 16:th-Sep-2017, 14:41:20
Last Post: Jon3sy
  Lock/Unlock buttons AlanMac 8 4,852 29:th-Aug-2017, 22:20:47
Last Post: AlanMac
  Lights on when you unlock the car?? chrisb2511 9 7,935 11:th-Sep-2016, 18:39:07
Last Post: bhalay207
  Astra 1.6 clutch judder after being stuck in traffic tina r 3 5,509 6:th-Aug-2016, 23:13:10
Last Post: marcus
  Unlock trip computer Daz21 14 8,082 19:th-Feb-2016, 13:31:35
Last Post: Daz21