Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
leaking driveway water on

Leaking water on driveway
Hi all, this is my first post on here so hope it’s in right place. Just after a bit of advice, I think it’s condensation from A/C (although I haven’t had it on).

I’ve noticed a few spots of clear liquid and think it’s water (see photo - ignore the oil, it’s from my old car). It is sitting on top of the oil, it’s odourless too. Is it likely to be condensation from the A/C evaporator?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The AC can come on without your knowledge, or any indication lights.

Such as when you use the fast screen clear demist button. The one that puts the fan on full speed and directs all the air to the windscreen.
Well, if you check your coolant level and it's allright and doesn't change, then you will be allright.
Other fluids in the car are oil(like).

Could also be some water (rain, condesation) that builds up somewhere beneath your car and drips out when you are in the garage.
Maybe your garage floor isn't level or you have to drive down a ramp into your garage which displaces the little pool of water and it starts dripping out when you park it.

That's all I could think off. But most likely it's the AC.
I didn't know that the AC could come on without you knowing though. Don't think I ever had that happening. When you use the demist button it does turn on the AC, but it also shows the light AC on. Maybe in some other cases but I don't know any.
when I worked the service desk and customers came in with this type of complaint, my colleage and I would stick a finger in the liquid, rub it between finger and thumb to assess the viscosity, sniff it to check it wasn't oil or any thing nasty and then lick the liquid off our finger.
this last bit usually got a good result from the customer!! (we would only do the last bit if we were SURE it was A/C water)
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
If it's coolant it should taste slightly sweet. There is no harm in getting a quick lick off your finger , just don't drink a cup of it
Thanks guys, I am pretty certain it is AC condensation/rain water. I haven’t noticed any more since I originally posted. The driveway is on a slope so would cause any water to run of from where it would be sitting. Don’t think I’ll be tasting any of it soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?
(17:th-Apr-2018, 09:02:34)rlievens Wrote: When you use the demist button it does turn on the AC, but it also shows the light AC on. Maybe in some other cases but I don't know any.

My AC light doesn't come on when I press the demist button.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water sloshing sound Marc_81 6 4,725 29:th-Nov-2018, 12:22:12
Last Post: Maxniomi
  GTC water collects under rear window Canasta 2 3,665 30:th-Oct-2018, 22:23:04
Last Post: marky79
  Water inside car mart 7 7,232 3:rd-Feb-2017, 18:44:09
Last Post: mart
  Water Plugs sheppy1 11 6,449 28:th-Jan-2016, 23:19:25
Last Post: sheppy1
  water in rear dutton84 7 5,646 2:nd-Mar-2015, 14:34:17
Last Post: dutton84