Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
are pilot these them? connectors park

Park pilot connectors.... are these them?
My meriva (B, 2011) has had a rear end shunt at some time, and had a replacement bumper,  car was specc'd to have the full front and rear park pilot,  it has the button on dash, but it's dead, 

the rear has a cheapo reversing sensor system installed, and i wanted to re-establish the factory park pilot system sometime.. i first thought the front bumpers been replaced too, and has no sensors in it... but no, the sensors are there and still wired up,  then i removed some trim panels in the boot, and found what i think are the park pilot plugs... are these them??

If they are, i think i need a park pilot module (some on ebay from 11 quid) 
4 sensors... chinese copies are 4 for 25 quid.
The rear loom that connects the sensors to the purple plug?  that is a bugger to get cheap, might have to try and source the connectors and make me own loom up, 

And i'd need the stick on sensor mounts... a quick search shows some for BMW's at a fiver for 4!!, and some for vauxhalls ones like 7 quid plus each! yet they say they are the same size sensors,

Wonder if i could buy the clip in sensor mounts as used on the retro fit park pilot system, or pull some off a scrapper and bond them on myself.. 

oh, then i need to ensure the holes drilled in the bumper for the cheap reverse sensors are in the right place and size.. then add the park pilot back to the system in the BCM and IPC, 

have i covered it all?  anything to watch out for, and any one got a rear sensor loom going cheap... or all or some of the parts i need for a good price.
Technically speaking if the button is already in situ from factory it should just be a case of plugging it all in and jobs a good’un

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i've found that the fronts are all present and wired up, but the rears have been removed... and the holes drilled to between 20 and 21mm to shove cheap aftermarket sensors through (think they should be 17mm holes)... and the bumper is a PDC bumper with the catches on the back for the stock sensors!! only they wont sit right now grrrr.

i have bought the parts i need... only got the PDC module so far, but i installed it, set park pilot to present in the IPC and it works (is there anywhere else PDC should be set on these cars?

it works, i have the new option to turn PDC on or off in the radio's vehicle settings...

Well, when i say it works, the front ones work... as soon as i select reverse it shuts down and sets 4 DTC's for the missing sensors (they are still in the post)

As i had to set the PDC to present in the IPC, i thought i'd get the display of them, but i dont, maybe this IPC only does rear display of them?? or the IPC being a 2010 version dosent do much at all, it is very basic compared to the 2014 version i had before (but destroyed)
the top 3 look correct the bottom one looks smaller than the Astra one but you have a Mervin.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Found out they are the right ones... i bought a pdc box for a tenner, then a set of 4 sensors for £25 of ebay.... surprise surprise, on fitting them i got 4 DTC's saying the new sensors were incorrect, so had to order the 50 quid versions instead, and to get my money back on the cheap sensors i have to leave positive feedback before they will refund me... hmmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Front & Rear Park Pilot Andy_GTC 17 12,742 26:th-Dec-2020, 23:03:44
Last Post: Baich
  Advanced Park Assist Rusty2009 8 7,994 16:th-Dec-2018, 21:33:29
Last Post: BOLT
  Wiring connectors (vauxhall ones) gazz292 3 5,836 7:th-Feb-2018, 12:55:15
Last Post: gazz292

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (9:th-Sep-2023, 20:10:40), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:20:12)