Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
installing after couple of things b5754

Couple of things after installing B5754
I have just installed a B5754 that I got from Icebox. Seemed to go ok except I can't get the radio control panel working. I have connected all the cables. The heater control and traction control button works OK. Steering wheel controls work OK 
The only other strange thing is the Eco button lights up but is flickering.
(28:th-Nov-2017, 18:42:28)jw021979 Wrote: I have just installed a B5754 that I got from Icebox. Seemed to go ok except I can't get the radio control panel working. I have connected all the cables. The heater control and traction control button works OK. Steering wheel controls work OK 
The only other strange thing is the Eco button lights up but is flickering.

Hi, I'd just check that you haven't trapped any wires when installing because I had a mare trying to fit everything behind the dvd drive and it can sometimes pull the wires that go to the control panel.
I will go through all the cables again and make sure everything is plugged in OK. Found a couple of other things now after going out for a drive.
When putting the car in reverse it goes into reverse camera mode muting the music/ radio. This is annoying as I havent got a reverse camera fitted so I just get a warning triangle on the screen.
I opened a pre-installed app called AJX I think it said. This opened up what looks like a dialling screen and say OnStar. This app doesnt appear to anything so I backed out but it won't close. All I have on my screen now is a dialling screen. which won't close. Looks like my drive to work in the morning is going to be in silence.
Right, I haven’t got that pre installed app so I don’t know what it is or does. When you turn your ignition off and open the door, the unit should power off. When you turn it back on, is it still stuck in the app? If that sorts it, then regarding the reverse volume/ blank screen, you’re right it will always be blank until you fit a camera mine cost a tenner and was fitted within an hour. If you don’t want the music to mute in reverse, then go into the options menu and scroll down to “car”
Then select the reverse volume and either select “on” or set it to go quieter from -1 to -10

Hope this helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get it to shutdown but it came back up with the app again. Hopefully leaving it overnight might fix it.
Have you got a picture of the screen with the app on?

What ever button pressed it does nothing.
Will it let you scroll the top menu down? If so you can access the settings menu and do a factory reset? If not you may have to strip the facia off and pull the main plug out of the back of the unit?

Top menu will pull down but that app always stays on top so you can't see any other app. Looks like my nice new headunit is coming out tomorrow.
Managed to remotely reset it as I had already logged in using my Google account. The app causing my problem is no longer installed. I suspect my unit had been used before as I also noticed before the app problem that the Bluetooth had already been paired with something before I got it.
That’s not good, I’d have a word with Rob at Icebox about that, you’re supposed to be buying a new item not Manufactuer refurbished or even second hand. Glad you got it sorted though, I’ve had no issues with mine and think they’re well worth the money

Any ideas on getting the radio control panel working?

I have tried to connect the connector on the right of the above picture to the connector that was plugged into the right, half way up the contol panel and that didn't work.
The small connector on the right, plugs into the unused plug from your old display

When you took out your old display there were 2 connectors to it and you only need one in your new display, the other plugs into that small connector

That ma explain why it doesn't work. Doh!
Yeah that should sort it, when you’ve sorted it everything should do as it did apart from the info button will start the sat nav

Got it working. Thanks for that. I knew it would be something daft like that. I do have a couple more questions, sorry to be a pain.
The heater display shows 2 temperatures. The one on the left goes up and down with the temperature dial but I can't figure out what the one on the right is all about (it normally says about 17 degrees).
I use Torque Pro on my phone with a Bluetooth OBDII reader. The B5754 won't connect to my OBDII reader, it sees it but when i click pair it doesn't do anything. Any idea about a OBDII reader that will connect OK.
No problem, the other temperature is for dual zone climate control so if like me you haven’t got it then ignore it! With the OBD2 reader I can’t remember what I did exactly. When you go into your Bluetooth app and press the search icon, does it show up there?

I was pairing it from the settings menu. I will give the bluetooth app a try
I’m sure that’s what I did

Have you managed to get it connected yet?

Yep, cheers. So far everything seems to be working as they should. Received DAB module today, see how that install goes.
Yeah let me know, mine’s a goddamn Christmas present

How are you finding your dab unit? Mine is pants!!! It keeps making the head unit freeze and seems to be some conflict with the front dvr cam???

I havent got it properly installed yet. Tried it with antenna not properly installed and so far found the reception rubbish. I'm not using a front dvr cam.
I’m not convinced they’re any good tbh

I got my DAB installed today. Reception where I am is not amazing. Will have to see how it is when out and about.
Mine was fine at home but as soon as I drove around if the signal drops it goes off then the whole head unit freezes!!! Don’t know what to do next.

Poor dab reception is the major reason why I wont get one of these units. I have no issues with factory dab and it would drive me insane if dab reception was poor on the android units even if they are great with everything else.
(1:st-Dec-2017, 17:54:22)sparkyscfc74 Wrote: The small connector on the right, plugs into the unused plug from your old display

When you took out your old display there were 2 connectors to it and you only need one in your new display, the other plugs into that small connector

Would you mind to tell me a bit more about this connector and cable? I'm struggling to find a way to get my cd400 buttons to work

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  H5754L or B5754 mrwup 37 14,242 4:th-Feb-2018, 11:32:34
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  ANDROID B5754 HEAD UNIT Dave0098 2 5,604 21:st-May-2017, 12:36:28
Last Post: marcus01