Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
headlights aftermarket

Aftermarket headlights
Hi was wondering if anyone knows if the headlight leveling motors out my existing headlights will fit these aftermarket ones as the company said they would but I would have thought it would have been different wiring to to the motor feed coming from the headlight it self haven't look at my original ones yet as I need to change them due to driver side badly condensating was looking at these headlights.
https://www.energizedcustoms.co.uk/shop/...gLz1fD_BwE

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
IIRC when @Sheppy1 looked into buying aftermarket lights the leveling motors are built inside the factory headlights and it would of cost him an extra£40-50 to buy them separate,
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yo! It would have with that seller yeah, another seller said they came included in the units and were the same headlights as well

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

No problem do any of you know where the best place to get aftermarket lights with levelling? As like the led strips with projectors. As below is my current headlight got a retrofit done by a company in Scotland and he tried to plastic weld them which split eventually so had to sikaflex them but still no good now gradually getting worse and they are out of warranty as you can see one of the photos shows the split, so just going to bite the bullet and try and get a decent set of aftermarket projector lights just now if any of you know anywhere or recommendations.

I’d dry them out and use some headlamp sealant.

Best place to of cut them is the front (where the clear cover meets the back).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
No problem maybe give it another attempt to try and fix them as they do look nice when they are dry as below, lost count now to how many times I have dropped the bumper now for these lol.

This is what you'd want
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BUTYL-RUBBER-...1438.l2649

& put a couple of sillca packs in each lamp also which will help.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5g-1g-5g-10g...BH8SBDbCyw
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dipped Headlights queries Michael C 1 615 26:th-Dec-2023, 13:07:38
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Headlights Peterrl 3 1,954 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:26:51
  Aftermarket android H5754 headunit issue simpledun 1 2,443 4:th-Jun-2020, 09:17:15
  Aftermarket headunit malfunction prtklmb 2 2,082 28:th-Apr-2020, 09:08:35
Last Post: prtklmb
  Astra gtc headlights to Astra j leemallin 2 2,845 14:th-Feb-2019, 15:42:54
Last Post: vjeko::..
  Headlights Mspencer 1 2,054 25:th-Jan-2019, 08:34:00
  LED Headlights Martz66 0 2,044 26:th-Oct-2018, 17:22:01
Last Post: Martz66
  Upgrading my headlights Mspencer 12 5,724 27:th-Sep-2018, 22:49:38
Last Post: niteram
  Headlights Mspencer 3 3,359 17:th-Apr-2018, 22:14:03