Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
system deterrent service theft

Service Theft Deterrent System
I occasionally get this come up on the dash and then when I start the car, it will cut out a couple of seconds later.

I have to then take the key out, lock/unlock the doors and it will then go away until the next time. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I've had that happen only once no idea why.

It might pay to see if there are any fault codes stored.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(24:th-Sep-2017, 21:21:39)mw2299 Wrote: Does anyone know what this is all about?

Immobiliser related fault.

Had it happen a few times with mine. Garage replaced the key fob while still under warranty, and touch wood it hasn't happened since.

I've also heard that if the car battery is slightly flat, it can also happen, despite the battery still having enough poke to be able to turn over the engine.
(25:th-Sep-2017, 11:55:21)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(24:th-Sep-2017, 21:21:39)mw2299 Wrote: Does anyone know what this is all about?

Immobiliser related fault.

Had it happen a few times with mine. Garage replaced the key fob while still under warranty, and touch wood it hasn't happened since.

I've also heard that if the car battery is slightly flat, it can also happen, despite the battery still having enough poke to be able to turn over the engine.

I've got 2 keys - one of them is slightly damaged but only the hinge mechanism so I don't know if that could be causing it. I usually use the spare key (one without boot unlock) as this one's fine so I'll see if it's any different with that.

Can't see it being the battery as I had a new one fitted not long ago as my old one died.
I was getting this when I first bought the J.
Firstly the battery was not up to charge as the S/S wasnt working either. Replaced battery and the S/S started working and this message didnt come back for a while.
Then it re-surfaced and this time it turned out to be something to do with the key. So I started using the spare key and touch wood it hasnt come back on since. I will, at some point, replace the battery in the first key and see if it returns.

Hope this helps.
Guys i had the servicetheft warning on my dash tonight and read up on this forum as i couldnt get car to turn over. Turns out its not the key fob or battery, theres a motion detection button on the roof of my car between the 2 sun visors. I simply pressed this, turned the car over, and switched it off again. It was because i locked the car to lock my front door and left the dog in car so it treated it as thought the car was broken into ??‍♀️Guys
Guys the simple solution to the service theft deterrant aystem warning light, is to press your motion detection button. On my astra it is located on car ceiling. Try it before u fork out for batteries etc
All that button does is turn off motion detection in case you are leaving someone or an animal in the car (although if they bounce around the Alarm will go off).

In this case you would a theft attempted message.

Service Theft system is telling you there is a fault be a key issue or battery issue.
Funnily enough my battery was drying and it got to the point the car would only just manage to start, I had no errors come up about any system like some do when the battery is on its way out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
In my experience (mostly non GM)
If the car starts and cuts out immediatly, then your looking at key/immobiliser fault.
if you have 2 keys - does it do the same with both keys?
if it only does it with 1 key then you've a dodgy key.
if it does it with both keys then it could be the sensor on/around the ignition switch.
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
(24:th-Sep-2017, 21:21:39)mw2299 Wrote: I occasionally get this come up on the dash and then when I start the car, it will cut out a couple of seconds later.

I have to then take the key out, lock/unlock the doors and it will then go away until the next time. Does anyone know what this is all about?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi there,I came across something to do with this and how to reset this i think will check to see if I have the video saved(in different language but you get the jist of it)i don't get this just theft attempt and alarm going of all the time when I use remote,only since key fob battery change

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Service Vehicle soon and Op-com Arkanggel10 3 2,725 23:rd-Oct-2020, 16:09:22
Last Post: Arkanggel10
  'Service Vehicle Soon' on display Loddy Jeff 10 4,169 12:th-Oct-2020, 12:51:00
Last Post: Big Dave2
  ESP service message, erratic fuel range figures on trip computer mpotsb 2 2,617 7:th-Sep-2020, 12:04:29
Last Post: mpotsb
'service vehicle soon' Ssss 1 1,807 12:th-Aug-2020, 07:56:03
Last Post: Rusty2009
Service vehicle soon??? k1ckboxer 3 2,258 10:th-Aug-2020, 14:53:25
Last Post: Ssss
  service parking assist and tpms not working kevinmcken1404 3 2,795 18:th-May-2020, 10:09:32
  Retrofitting stop/start system momoomar 3 2,353 23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:44:22
Last Post: marcus01
  service vehicle soon stevedemp23 2 2,477 16:th-Jan-2020, 08:11:31
Service Bulletin syscleaner 2 2,460 1:st-Sep-2019, 18:26:13
Last Post: syscleaner
  Astra GTC service vehicle soon Beechy 9 10,005 25:th-Feb-2019, 15:53:15
Last Post: pat100

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
bill33 (21:st-Dec-2023, 23:49:13)