Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
braking gtc after thump of from front delayed

Delayed thump after braking from front of gtc
Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I bought an Astra gtc 2ltd in March 13 plate. Recently I have noticed that there is a thump coming from font of car. Only happens after I brake. For example if I brake and come to a stand once I remove my foot from brake a few seconds later there is a thud. This happens when braking and pulling away at low speeds only. If the car is stationery and in neutral and I press the brake lever remove my foot a few seconds later a loud thud that I can hear coming from front of car. Any ideas. The car is still under warranty. I at least want to go back to the garage with a rough idea of what I'm talking about. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It could be a number of things.
does it happen when you take your foot off the brake, or when you pull away?
if its when you take your foot off the pedal, then it seems like it's the system de-pressurizing, maybe a loose bracket or similar, maybe a sticking caliper slider?
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
Thanks for that. Its when i take foot off brake then there is a delayed thump. Also is it normal to hear water slooshing about from back end. Ive had an astra and a vectra both for ten years and never had as much doubt in the car. Gtc was my dream car and now........ha ha. Thanks.
"Also is it normal to hear water slooshing about from back end."

Maybe this could be the diesel/petrol you can hear slooshing about in the tank. I can hear it too in my GTC.
It's the fuel tank... the tank is missing something which means when almost full You'll hear the fuel. Drive more gentle lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Not sure on brakes, the water could well be the tank (missing baffles) or it could be water in the doors.

Check the bottom of your doors there should be 2 drain holes, sometimes they have rubber in them just pull them out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks guys, I have an astra gtc sri 2.0 CDTI.
I did think it was the tank. Maybe i should drive slower. Ha ha. I filled up the fuel so maybe it was the tank. If this is normal then I will just have to play my tunes louder!Will check the doors also just to be sure. Thanks for that. Its so difficult to find a garage you can trust. Cheers for the help.
My 2.0cdti fuel sloshes when full.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,159 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,511 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Front PDC wiring diagram milozic 1 2,340 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:33:19
  Front suspension knock????? Sri~mike 10 7,802 22:nd-Dec-2020, 10:21:36
Last Post: M222RJF
  VXR Front Bumper onto a 5dr Bear 2 2,781 3:rd-Oct-2020, 11:48:59
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,415 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 front brake disc size Nathan191210 2 2,558 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:41:05
  Can You Add Front Fogs to an Astra J? SAMW98SO 2 3,496 10:th-Apr-2020, 13:29:58
Last Post: SAMW98SO
  No sound on indicators, seat belt warning and quiet front parking sensors mpotsb 4 7,141 22:nd-Feb-2020, 19:24:53
Last Post: mpotsb
  Astra j vxr front seat Custerz90 7 8,598 31:st-Oct-2019, 16:30:42
Last Post: marablind