Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
install sub

Sub Install
Hi All, 

Recently got a 1.7 CDTi (12 plate, it's my first car!) and just installed a new Android 7.1.2 Head unit from icebox - all good so far apart from AUX and USB not working (no connection provided that will work with factory USB, Rob looking into it for me) 

Just a couple of questions, apologies if they are answered somewhere!

Has anyone installed a Sub & Amp and if so, how did you route the wiring? 

Also, to anyone who has purchased a DAB module, where did you locate the aerial?
Sub wiring I can help you as my car is in bits as I remove the AMP wiring.

I'll grab some pics for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(25:th-Jul-2017, 07:21:43)Rusty2009 Wrote: Sub wiring I can help you as my car is in bits as I remove the AMP wiring.

I'll grab some pics for you.

That would be awesome, thanks.

For anyone interested, the unit I got is this one - heard back from Rob and unfortunately the USB and AUX connections won't work with this model (no biggie, it does have a MicroSD slot). There is also a problem with FM reception, this apparently may be down to a powered FM Amp that's not getting switched on, so could be fixed if needed.

If anyone is an XDA visitor, it's a MTCD MX V2.55_1, can't find much about Android 7.1.2 on there yet, it seems to be pretty new, but if anyone wants any more info just shout! Time to get my new wheels on, managed to get a set of 20' Limited Edition wheels 
what's happening with yours?
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
(25:th-Jul-2017, 22:32:18)zzattack Wrote: what's happening with yours?

Mine I'm installing the infinity sound system got the dash out etc as I need to make all the wiring changes.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(26:th-Jul-2017, 09:34:14)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(25:th-Jul-2017, 22:32:18)zzattack Wrote: what's happening with yours?

Mine I'm installing the infinity sound system got the dash out etc as I need to make all the wiring changes.

I saw the infinity system mentioned somewhere, I thought it would just be up-rated speakers or something  what have you got to do wiring wise?
Need to run all new wires from the radio plug to AMP.

Then from the AMP to the speakers.

Once that's done swap speakers for the better quality ones.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
well damn, I'm not afraid to take some ***** apart but that looks scary
good luck
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system

I was just thinking of running RCA's and power down the side with an active sub... any pointers on how to take inside trim off from the sides, will it just all 'unclip' or are there hidden screws about the place?

would love to see your final install once you get finished up for sure!
They unclip. Do make sure not to run the power wiring for your active sub near the signal wiring, you'll be guaranteed alternator whine if you do.
(3:rd-Aug-2017, 09:42:37)zzattack Wrote: They unclip. Do make sure not to run the power wiring for your active sub near the signal wiring, you'll be guaranteed alternator whine if you do.

Check. made that mistake years back  

I have got it in, ran the power down left side, and RCA and Amp remote wire down centre, not ideal as wires exposed between centre console and back seat, I am thinking re-route centre wires over to right side and hide in sill, I think leads are long enough, any other suggestions welcome

Took a ground from one of the rear seat bolts, no interference, so all good so far.

Nothing exciting, just a cheap Sub from Amazon, it's on about 50% gain and loud enough not to be irritating

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 53,222 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,475 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 38,414 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5
Android Auto Install Marek 3 6,107 4:th-Aug-2018, 07:47:17
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Tablet install..... millsy417 0 2,855 7:th-Jul-2017, 19:44:13
Last Post: millsy417
  M072 (S160) Android Head Unit Install/Info sheppy1 654 261,551 21:st-May-2017, 12:55:12
Last Post: marcus01
  How to install Sat Nav to a safe location grahamfromoldham 4 5,858 25:th-Mar-2015, 22:00:21
Last Post: tucpal