Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
settings display

display settings
hi all, I am new to this site so all help is welcome,
I have a 2012 astra j mk6 1.7d estate with small display between clocks that shows mileage and trip,
what I would like to know is there any way I can unlock the settings so that I can get things like mpg etc,etc,
or can I change my clocks for the one that as the large display if that`s possible.
would aKWP-2000 or a OP COM OBD2 be any use to me.
many thanks to you all ...........
Welcome to VXOC.

the MPG can be turned on & a 1 or 2 more things but nothing major.

you could upgrade the IPC if you have the right cruise control switch but you'd need to know what else needs doing.

Not really although you could use op-com to turn on the extra menus on the IPC and read fault codes you couldn't do much in the way of programming with it.
If you did get yourself an op-com do not buy cheap rubbish off ebay buy from http://www.op-com.co.uk/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(14:th-Jul-2017, 07:27:22)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC.

the MPG can be turned on & a 1 or 2 more things but nothing major.

you could upgrade the IPC if you have the right cruise control switch but you'd need to know what else needs doing.

Not really although you could use op-com to turn on the extra menus on the IPC and read fault codes you couldn't do much in the way of programming with it.
If you did get yourself an op-com do not buy cheap rubbish off ebay buy from http://www.op-com.co.uk/

hi, thanks for your reply.
can you tell me what you mean by (ipc) and what you mean about the right cruise control switch.
IPC = Instrument cluster which is your speedo or clocks.

To up grade from the half screen to mid level or up level you need the switch like this.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(15:th-Jul-2017, 07:01:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: IPC = Instrument cluster which is your speedo or clocks.

To up grade from the half screen to mid level or up level you need the switch like this.

(13:th-Jul-2017, 22:51:46)marky79 Wrote: hi all, I am new to this site so all help is welcome,
I have a 2012 astra j mk6 1.7d estate with small display between clocks that shows mileage and trip,
what I would like to know is there any way I can unlock the settings so that I can get things like mpg etc,etc,
or can I change my clocks for the one that as the large display if that`s possible.
would aKWP-2000 or a OP COM OBD2 be any use to me.
many thanks to you all ...........

so if I get myself the cruise control switches I can change the ipc, do you know any part numbers for the ipc mid or upper level,
so if I get myself the cruise control switches I can change the ipc, do you know any part numbers for the ipc mid or upper level,
If you don't have the switch I posted above you can't fit it, I'm working on it but it takes time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(20:th-Jul-2017, 19:37:01)marky79 Wrote: so if I get myself the cruise control switches I can change the ipc, do you know any part numbers for the ipc mid or upper level,

my bro got a j this morning hes got the right c/c switch and a full screen how can the mpg screen be turned on hes only got trip 1 and trip 2
(22:nd-Jul-2017, 22:27:47)Hunty Wrote:
(20:th-Jul-2017, 19:37:01)marky79 Wrote: so if I get myself the cruise control switches I can change the ipc, do you know any part numbers for the ipc mid or upper level,

my bro got a j this morning hes got the right c/c switch and a full screen how can the mpg screen be turned on hes only got trip 1 and trip 2

By seeing me or someone with the equipment & know how to do it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
hi if I get the cruise control switches and some other clocks and fit them will you be able to program for me.
and do you know what part number do I need for the clocks as my have seen some on e-bay.
how far are you away are you has I am in Stevenage.
many thanks..............
(5:th-Aug-2017, 20:45:34)marky79 Wrote: hi if I get the cruise control switches and some other clocks and fit them will you be able to program for me.
and do you know what part number do I need for the clocks as my have seen some on e-bay.
how far are you away are you has I am in Stevenage.
many thanks..............

(22:nd-Jul-2017, 07:13:48)Rusty2009 Wrote: If you don't have the switch I posted above you can't fit it, I'm working on it but it takes time.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  display clocks marky79 14 12,928 2:nd-Sep-2017, 15:58:32
Last Post: Rusty2009