Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
j help my cd400 astra audio 1st

my 1st Astra J Audio Help CD400
Hi friends,
I got myself A Astra J 64 plate, love my car
the CD unit is cd400 but it a port for the aux but not USB and the pressing the phone it just mutes the system, my Q is am i able to get a usb and be able to connect this to my cd400 and my IPhone to work? can you friends point me in the right direction mybe provide me with some pics or video to set this up, 
or do i have to get a different cd system that has usb, i would like to get the bluetooth on this as its all in my Steering wheel bout i dont know where the mic is (or where it would be) or even upgrade the whole entertainment system complete with a satnav on it, i am looking for cheep options really but would love to add extra to it. my be froot fog lights too.... like i said a am all new to this so please be gentle lol..... i think i know how to add my sub to the car now as a guy called rusty had put up some pictures on how to do it, when the cables arrive i will give that a go, 

again all your friends help would be gr8 thank you )
You can add a USB but depends what RPO code is on the radio box. It's not plug and play and does need programming.

You would need the BT module Mic wiring & programming for Bluetooth.

Font fogs again needs programming, and you would need new switch fog lights & wiring.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
thank you so much for your reply,

can you tell me the what kit I would need to get in to the system,
I have diagnostic kit for my old car so I kinda know how it works, (fiat ecu scan) so having a vauxhall is all new to me, hoping with you friends to learn things about my FAB car. bits that could be added and so on, my 1st priority is of course is the radio system would like to have all the buttons that are on my steering wheel to work with it, I.E bluetooth connect my IPhone, or even getting a navi in if it is doable, would also like to have DAB again, dont want to add an aftermarket system like kenwood sony only want what vauxhall would have put it, so meny new things to learn lol..... thanks for taking the time in reading my posts and replies,
Kind Regards
Dom.....
(27:th-Jun-2017, 13:41:32)NEATH-LAD Wrote: thank you so much for your reply,

I have diagnostic kit for my old car so I kinda know how it works, (fiat ecu scan) so having a vauxhall is all new to me, hoping with  you friends to learn things about my FAB car. bits that could be added and so on, my 1st priority is of course is the radio system would like to have all the buttons that are on my steering wheel to work with it, I.E bluetooth connect my IPhone, or even getting a navi in if it is doable, would also like to have DAB again, dont want to add an aftermarket system like kenwood sony only want what vauxhall would have put it, so meny new things to learn lol..... thanks for taking the time in reading my posts and replies,
Kind Regards
Dom.....

I have the CD400 in my car. No Bluetooth, etc.

I ended up getting a system fitted by CarVision (in the Midlands) that still uses the CD400. It comprises Sat Nav, Bluetooth, reversing camera, and lots more. all that gets replaced is the crappy old screen that Vauxhall use, which gets hidden behind the dash, then it gets mirrored to the replacement screen that CarVision install. The steering wheel functions work. It looks factory fit too. I have the earlier V2. The V3 has even more features.
https://www.car-vision.co.uk/astra-j-/62...20232.html

Cheaper Android units are also available.
(28:th-Jun-2017, 13:03:39)Big Dave2 Wrote:
(27:th-Jun-2017, 13:41:32)NEATH-LAD Wrote: thank you so much for your reply,

I have diagnostic kit for my old car so I kinda know how it works, (fiat ecu scan) so having a vauxhall is all new to me, hoping with  you friends to learn things about my FAB car. bits that could be added and so on, my 1st priority is of course is the radio system would like to have all the buttons that are on my steering wheel to work with it, I.E bluetooth connect my IPhone, or even getting a navi in if it is doable, would also like to have DAB again, dont want to add an aftermarket system like kenwood sony only want what vauxhall would have put it, so meny new things to learn lol..... thanks for taking the time in reading my posts and replies,
Kind Regards
Dom.....

I have the CD400 in my car. No Bluetooth, etc.

I ended up getting a system fitted by CarVision (in the Midlands) that still uses the CD400. It comprises Sat Nav, Bluetooth, reversing camera, and lots more. all that gets replaced is the crappy old screen that Vauxhall use, which gets hidden behind the dash, then it gets mirrored to the replacement screen that CarVision install. The steering wheel functions work. It looks factory fit too. I have the earlier V2. The V3 has even more features.
https://www.car-vision.co.uk/astra-j-/62...20232.html

Cheaper Android units are also available.

WOW! Thank you so much for that, it looks well smart!....I want this system....
now I am going to save the £££££'s, it will be a great addition to my new car... well excited 
Kind Regards
Dom.....
(28:th-Jun-2017, 16:22:09)NEATH-LAD Wrote: WOW! Thank you so much for that, it looks well smart!....I want this system....
now I am going to save the £££££'s, it will be a great addition to my new car... well excited 
Kind Regards
Dom.....

Others on here have fitted the Android M072, which is cheaper than the system that CarVision offer. No idea what it's like, but there are a few threads on it.

eg,

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Android-head-units
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-M07...stall-Info
I wouldn't touch car vision & I advise no-one too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(30:th-Jun-2017, 07:22:32)Rusty2009 Wrote: I wouldn't touch car vision & I advise no-one too.

Why? care to elaborate further?

My system was installed just over 2 years ago by them, and touch wood no issues whatsoever. I spent long and hard researching before parting with my hard earned cash. I found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful before deciding whether to go ahead with the install. I was on the phone to John for nearly an hour discussing things with him. When I went up there for the fitment, I found them to be a friendly bunch of people. I left them to it while my friend and I went off exploring the local area for a couple of hours. CV phoned approx. 1½ hours later to say everything was done. They then spent another ½ or so going through everything with me, how it worked, etc. Even my friend was impressed with their service, and had he been able to afford it, he would have got them to install a similar system in his Vauxhall. Like me, he's a stickler for detail.
A year later they even helped me over the phone to update the mapping software.
Looking at their reviews, others are happy with them too.
I too have the Car Vision system, latest one and it is brilliant. I had it fitted by John on site in Droitwitch when my VXR was brand new and have to say it works a treat.

Navi is far better than the Navi500 and Navi600 I had in my previous two Astra/GTC J's and it only costs £29 a year to update maps (unlimited updates).

All other CD400 functions, including the steering wheel controls work as before, music streaming works via their Bluetooth, you have to turn the VX Bluetooth off though as both can't run together, makes sense to me.

Two USB ports, including the factory one left in place, reversing camera, speed camera warnings, touch screen and looks factory, unlike some android units.

You can also store your music on the map mini SD card if you want.

In 18 months of using the unit I've had no issues at all, only criticism is that on a really sunny day it is hard to see the display but it has to be really sunny. Other than that it's a great unit.

Vauxhall were even impressed when I took it in for its last service and were asking where I got the unit from.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CD400 usb and aux not responding ste88 6 2,024 22:nd-Aug-2021, 18:16:19
Last Post: ste88
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 113,146 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  CD400 Plus - what does the “Plus” Add? GordyC 9 15,511 12:th-Nov-2020, 10:41:15
Last Post: Rusty2009
  ad usb to cd400 Collie 5 3,585 9:th-Oct-2020, 16:56:47
Last Post: Collie
  GTC BT CD400+ ac1212 1 2,968 18:th-May-2020, 09:51:39
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,491 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  CD400 upgrade Astra vxr 2014 Nathan 6 4,785 22:nd-Oct-2019, 20:13:14
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra SRi CDTI VX Line - CD400 Upgrade options AdaKer 3 3,928 13:th-Aug-2019, 06:48:28
Last Post: Schiffers
  CD400 FAULTY kjohns80 2 3,749 7:th-May-2019, 11:05:06
Last Post: Big Dave2
basic CD400 looking for more NEATH-LAD 2 4,423 8:th-Jan-2019, 16:23:12