Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
regen question dpf

DPF Regen question
Hello, everyone. I know there are a lot of threads out here about this so excuse me for adding one more Last night I was driving home from night shift and I got the Service vehicle soon msg on the screen(Astra J sports tourer 2011 2.0CDTI) Didnt pay attention as it was late and was tired. Today I plug it my laptop and saw the P2458-57 error. DPF regen uncompleted or something like that. No lights on the dash. I assumed that taking it out for ride will regen it, but when I jumped on the highway, I noticed the limp mode. Returned back to my parking and decided to force regen it via opcom clone. It started to rev up the engine first at 2k than in a minute it rev it up to 3500 and stood there. At first no smoke went out then for about two minutes white smoke started to go out the exhaust. Left it like this and then the smoke stopped. I have cleared the error and took it for ride. The limp mode has gone and the error didnt pop out again. I have never seen the rear demist light to came on. Also my op com is not showing any progress of the cleaning and the other stuff. Have I done something wrong? And is the LED added to the mirror plug actually working? Thank you in advance for the help
(7:th-Jun-2017, 10:30:11)SectorOMEGA Wrote:  I have never seen the rear demist light to came on.

Whilst the rear demist elements will come on while doing a regen, the light on the dash won't.

You can of course do the mod mentioned elsewhere where you can fit your own separate light.
The LED will be added for sure. But still thinking whether the force regen was the right way
If you have 350 quid to spend, the M072 Android head unit will show you when it's doing a regen.
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

Doing a forced regen is not recommend.

Best going down the dual carriageway or motorway at 2.5-3k revs this keeps the air coming in.

From you've said thou a static regen was needed, best thing you can do now is give it a good blast remember a diesel is meant to be driven hard.

With mine even driving round town I like to use hills 2nd gear foot down then change upto 3rd once at 4K revs helps keep it clean.

As for the LED yes it works.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Brilliant Rusty Will give it a hard one next time so I can clear out. The strange thing is that the opcom clone I have is not displaying any info for the DPF. Is this normal for the Chinese clones?
The op-com is limited on the newer cars.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Is there any newer version of 120309 to have more informations, except the 131XXX because this version for my MY12 shows many (---) in many menus.
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
100820b is the version I use.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
What's your model year?Is there the dpf's regeneration in menu?
Sorry just checked here's the correct details
Latest Op-com Software 2014 120309a+131223d
Supplied with op-com from here http://www.op-com.co.uk

Yes there is a DPF menu.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
In version 120309a+131223d i have many (---) in many menus as i said above and don't have the static regeneration as in astra h.Neither 120309 nor 120309a+131223d have many information about dpf except accumulation and the last time of regeneration.
Hi all.
Does anyone know why during the dpf light on dashboard there are different amounts of chimes. I've had a 4 chime alarm and a 6 chime alarm in the past??
(20:th-Jan-2020, 22:14:37)Dayo1175 Wrote: Hi all.
Does anyone know why during the dpf light on dashboard there are different amounts of chimes. I've had a 4 chime alarm and a 6 chime alarm in the past??

I'm guessing you referring to the orange light when your DPF is full?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah it starts flashing orange then stays on but the amount it chimes is different
Can i ask why does my dpf always clear back to only 53% after a regen
(9:th-Sep-2020, 12:11:51)mib1984 Wrote: Can i ask why does my dpf always clear back to only 53% after a regen

Possibly through age or mileage?

Like any filter, it's going to eventually clog up, regardless of how many times it's been cleaned, there will still be some crap left on it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DPF REGEN LIGHT Starie 113 55,192 19:th-Apr-2020, 21:00:20
Last Post: Multiskilled
  diesel question niteram 13 5,267 29:th-Mar-2020, 09:48:59
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Centre console Aux in question Mr_Benn 2 2,968 12:th-Jan-2019, 20:28:30
Last Post: Mr_Benn
  CD 400 Plus question channing76 11 12,694 30:th-Jun-2018, 07:16:12
  Head Unit question Desperado 3 3,993 13:th-Feb-2018, 13:52:43
Last Post: sheppy1
  Navi and Eco question Breengin 8 5,130 4:th-Nov-2017, 18:48:37
  New Guy's Head Unit Question Nuko-san 5 4,761 10:th-Apr-2017, 13:14:29
Last Post: marcus01
  Heated Leather Seats Question Vx-Mad-G 2 3,879 2:nd-Dec-2016, 10:05:38
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  20" wheel question Scoobysn7x 3 3,870 15:th-Aug-2016, 21:10:45
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  Really Silly Question about the "menu" button GOKIWI 11 7,839 1:st-Jun-2016, 19:18:50
Last Post: eddier1558