Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
bumper front

Front Bumper
Hi, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place.  I've had my Astra for over 5 years now and come back and forth to this forum whenever I need to do something on my car and always finding great help but never had to register before now and post.

I hit a deer on Tuesday night and it's done some damage to my bumper, grille and badge.  I don't think I will need a new bumper as there is only a slight crack that no one might notice but I will need a new grille and I won't know for sure until I've managed to fit the bumper back into place.  I'm also not bothered too much about the badge but I would like to replace this in the future at some point anyway.

The passenger end of the bumper is sitting about an inch out from the front fog light.  I have front parking sensors and the 2 on the passengers end (1 in the grille and 1 on the bumper) had been pushed back behind the bumper, I've managed to "fish" them out and duct taped them back onto the bumper until I get the chance have a proper look at it.  I also think their is foam (not sure the current name) behind the bumper which has moved and this is what is causing it not to sit proper.

Anyway, I'm going to spend some time at the weekend and take the bumper off following a guide I found on here and assess how it is and hopefully fix as much as I can and find out exactly what I need.  What I was wondering though and if anyone could help me, Can anyone suggest where I can look to get the parts, I've asked my local dealer where I bought the car from but they still haven't got back to me and I doubt they will let me just buy the parts and fit myself.

Can I buy the bumper, grille and badge all as 1 or do I need to purchase it all separate?  Should I replace the foam (don't know what damage has been done to it yet).  I had a quick search on line but the bumpers I was finding appear to be for a different model (possibly the older style) and the only grille I've been able to find that looks similar doesn't seem to have the "hole" for the parking sensors.

Picture isn't the best, I took it at the side of the motorway just after it happened.  It's a 61 Plate Astra Elite and I bought it just over 5 years ago new :-)

Thanks

Welcome to VXOC.

Ok so the foam pad is called a crash pad, if damaged it would be be best to replace.

Yes you can buy parts from a dealer and fit your self.

If you wanted to buy a bumper complete your'd be better of looking on ebay you have the pre-facelift bumper but you also have AFL lighting which means you have headlamp wash not many cars were specced with AFL so finding a 2nd hand bumper won't be be easy if you need one.

Lower bumper grill with hols for parking sensors part number 13297795

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NEW-VA...SwezVW1Gl5

Top grill I can't find one with all the chrome and badge but here's aftermarket debadged

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLACK-DEBADGED...2001500192
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Retrofit front parking sensors (GTC) pedroc1999 3 2,160 27:th-May-2023, 23:46:17
Last Post: M.Duman
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,513 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 7,827 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  Front PDC wiring diagram milozic 1 2,351 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:33:19
  Front suspension knock????? Sri~mike 10 7,817 22:nd-Dec-2020, 10:21:36
Last Post: M222RJF
  VXR Front Bumper onto a 5dr Bear 2 2,785 3:rd-Oct-2020, 11:48:59
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  2017 GTC Limited edition - Front wheel noise Nathan191210 4 2,417 12:th-Jul-2020, 07:37:10
  BiTurbo Rear Bumper Dudderz 3 2,343 5:th-Jun-2020, 19:49:44
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Rear Bumper PN 13346637 Jonnymac07 1 1,931 13:th-May-2020, 14:56:05
Last Post: paula9568
  Gtc 2017 1.4t 120 front brake disc size Nathan191210 2 2,565 25:th-Apr-2020, 07:41:05