Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
sensors parking

Parking sensors.
Hi all,
I picked up our new car on Friday (2011 astra elite) and today my wife decides to reverse into a post at B&Q!!! ?????
So now I'm after getting some oem parking sensors fitted could someone give me an idea on cost and where to get it done please.
Many thanks.
OEM would mean getting a body shop to drill the holes in the bumper and bond the brackets on.

Then Myself (based in Bournemouth) or Andy Based in Liverpool can fit the rest.

Price depends on rear or front & rear.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for the reply at the moment only looking for rear by depends on price of both?
Do you know how much they would be (best place to buy etc??)
And how much would it be for you to fit as I'm in chelmsford so could drive down to You??
Thanks.
Ebay is a good place (the sensors can be painted if they don't match)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-ASTRA...Sw~y9ZCyvY

Module
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/09-15-VAUXHALL...SwHsRYE0yg

Switch
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2014-VAUXHALL-...SwmfhX7-x5

The brackets have to be got from Vauxhall or Autovaux, I will look up part numbers later for you.

Fitting & programming cost for rear would be £80.00 (does not incl any parts)

Fitting and programming front & rear would be £140.00 (does not incl any parts other than adding the extra wiring from under the battery to the front bumper plug).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I'm surprised an Elite doesn't have parking sensors fitted as standard?
Yeah they were extra the elite was very under speced IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So sizing it up what are the pros and cons of going down the oem route other than a good (not cheap) after market one??
You can buy your own flush fit parking sensors and fit them yourself, cost for a decent kit is £60+. You can get the same type of flush kit inc fitting and colour coding for around £200-£250. These kits look like a factory install from the exterior.

Example, something like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Steelmate-PTS4...SwdzVXk-rT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEELMATE-PTS4...2194347566
I got the OEM control box, wiring loom and sensors for £60 from the breakers. But it needed activating via Tech 3

Brand new switch is £30 or so from the dealers
I am in the process of OEM retrofit.
Got ECU, two wiring looms and sensors.
But I dont have a dash switch.

Do I really need it if I want just rear sensors?

Sent from my LG G5 SE using Tapatalk
(1:st-Nov-2017, 10:50:06)zdravo Wrote: I am in the process of OEM retrofit.
Got ECU, two wiring looms and sensors.
But I dont have a dash switch.

Do I really need it if I want just rear sensors?

Yes its part of the system without it it wouldn't work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thank you a lot
I will get the switch in few days then will try to program it at dealer

Well I got the switch and visited official Opel service, they were unable to pair PDC ECU with my car. So, I am selling all the wirings and ECU

As long as the PDC module is correctly programmed UD5 or UD7 (even if you use a different VIN) you can change the VIN in op-com to yours.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I believe so, but my local dealer is awfull. They know how to reset oil change and thats all they wish to do

If you send it to me I can do it for you.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So i try to retrofit front and rear PDC. But i am missing front connector for pdc wiring harness.. Any idea? For rear is all there.
(25:th-Nov-2020, 21:38:34)milozic Wrote: So i try to retrofit front and rear PDC. But i am missing front connector for pdc wiring harness.. Any idea? For rear is all there.

If the front wiring is in the car it will only go up to the connector under the battery you then need a small loom made up with the plug which plug in to the front bumper loom.

Please in future just post to one place there is no need to message me via every contact point also.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(30:th-May-2017, 10:41:10)Spud7997 Wrote: Thanks for the reply at the moment only looking for rear by depends on price of both?
And how much would it be for you to fit as I'm in chelmsford so could drive down to You??
Thanks.

(26:th-Nov-2020, 07:30:01)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(25:th-Nov-2020, 21:38:34)milozic Wrote: So i try to retrofit front and rear PDC. But i am missing front connector for pdc wiring harness.. Any idea? For rear is all there.

If the front wiring is in the car it will only go up to the connector under the battery you then need a small loom made up with the plug which plug in to the front bumper loom.

Please in future just post to one place there is no need to message me via every contact point also.

Thanks, can i get this custom loom from you?
(26:th-Nov-2020, 08:37:04)milozic Wrote:
(30:th-May-2017, 10:41:10)Spud7997 Wrote: Thanks for the reply at the moment only looking for rear by depends on price of both?
Thanks.

Yes you can, although I'm very busy at the moment hence delay in replying.

It's only the small part needed to from the battery to the bumper loom is £40 posted in the UK.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(5:th-Dec-2020, 09:32:22)Rusty2009 Wrote:
Thanks.

It's only the small part needed to from the battery to the bumper loom is £40 posted in the UK.

Can i get your contact or something? email maybe? for easier communication.
(6:th-Dec-2020, 16:15:19)milozic Wrote:
(5:th-Dec-2020, 09:32:22)Rusty2009 Wrote:
Thanks.

Can i get your contact or something? email maybe? for easier communication.

You can contact us via our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/Rusty2009VXOC

Or Via email from our website www.vxocelecrabizz.co.uk

We don't publicly hand out our number or address for security reasons.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  parking and cluster upgrade Maniacu 5 8,923 8:th-Sep-2019, 13:06:46
Last Post: andre_rf
  Parking camera Tottybye 45 30,566 10:th-Apr-2018, 07:53:09
Last Post: Rusty2009
  After market Reverse sensors sheppy1 86 36,809 30:th-Aug-2017, 19:33:22
Last Post: sheppy1

Who read this thread?
5 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (25:th-Jun-2023, 21:11:43), Qaranc (12:th-Apr-2023, 22:26:01), KKEVANSKK (10:th-Jun-2023, 13:45:55), milozic (19:th-Jul-2023, 17:33:55), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 22:02:25)