Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cluster insignia astra? into

insignia cluster into astra?
would it be possible to fit this insignia cluster or the big full screen into an astra J? 
It maybe possible depending if the shape is the same etc, but you may find issues with the Cruise control.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
not a chance but nice idea
(29:th-May-2017, 00:05:32)tucpal Wrote: not a chance but nice idea

Never say never mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I'd pick one up if they're cheap and try and install it! See how you get on.. It would need pairing etc. But just trying to fit it and seeing what happens would be a good start

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Different shape to the Astra... Think you'd struggle

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I would love to try and looking as the clusters they look the same shape there is a few on ebay, but being in australia i really can't justify spending the money on postage on something that may work. the plugs even look the same.
I the normal colour one did fit and work the large TFT screen version would be awesome.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-VAUXHALL-...Sw3utY66t3
If your willing to pay for parts I am willing to give it a go for you.

From @Sheppy1 pic the bottom one from Charles trents is my local yard so could even collect & save the £12 P&P.

Just so you know I've done a few IPC upgrades for people on J's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ive done a little bit of research and looks like the IPC wold have to have the eeprom reprogrammed to have the cars VIN, CarPass, code and milage changed to fit the car and if it fits in the dash and the plug wires are the same and if the communication protocol is the same, it should work.
i think im just going to buy one and try it in a few weeks.
(29:th-May-2017, 11:17:41)Tylerrattv Wrote: Ive done a little bit of research and looks like the IPC wold have to have the eeprom reprogrammed to have the cars VIN, CarPass, code and milage changed to fit the car and if it fits in the dash and the plug wires are the same and if the communication protocol is the same, it should work.
i think im just going to buy one and try it in a few weeks.

hi there

sorry to but in, 
did you upgrade your clock, did it work??

Kind Regards
Dom.....
Can't recall if the connector is the same on the J as it is on the Insignia speedo (see pic) anyone know?

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

The connector is the same I brought a set to play with totally different to the Astra, there is no separate EEPROM inside. As of yet I've not tried reading any chips as I have too much going on.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I think i read on the australian carmodder site that those IPC's what is on the eeprom in the older ipc's is in the main mcu,

i think some people have got them working... but some of the people on there are really into modding the chip contents, adding their own start up graphics and changing what's said when 'codes' come up on the screen etc,

They also play about with the 11bit gmlan codes that programs everything, and send codes to their IPC's via the OBDii port.. basically the same way a tech2/MDI does, but they are sending the codes themselves... so have no restrictions to what they send.. but it takes ages to learn all the godes, and their GMLan bible of codes are for the holden versions, our vauxhall GMLan codes are likely different.

but don't take my word for this... i get confused with what i hear sometimes, and their IPC's might be different to ours... they had one that was kinda similar to the astra J IPC, but where the orange/red mono graphic display is was a full colour one, looked to be the same shape as our ones (i.e. tall oblong thing)
Any of their research public? Would love to have a look.
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
their site is : http://www.carmodder.com/index.php

they seem to operate a system of the more you contribute to the forum, the more access you get to the info,
they have this GMlan bible, which lists the pid's they have found... but of course their cars are slightly different to ours (like 6 litre V8's instead of the humble 1.3 cdti.. lol)
Hi did anyone actually manage to use the insignia cluster on the Astra J?
@Jpbroad1970 & I have made some progress.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Why you didn't go for bigger one?
(14:th-Aug-2018, 09:37:00)Roksab Wrote: Why you didn't go for bigger one?

Because there wasn't one when I brought this. and also the fact this was a cheap.

I'm not going to spend silly money on something that may not work.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
How far have you got with this rusty I’ve been wanting to get one of these, let me know if you need another one to play with I’ll buy one . The big one with the sat nav would be good.

@Rusty2009

for that small lcd IPC you don't need steering wheel comands from Insignia, you can use left stick....
(14:th-Aug-2018, 18:38:40)Sh4rk2007 Wrote: How far have you got with this rusty I’ve been wanting to get one of these, let me know if you need another one to play with I’ll buy one . The big one with the sat nav would be good.

We hae got as far as power up & trying to get all the steering wheel controls working.

(15:th-Aug-2018, 14:49:19)Roksab Wrote: @Rusty2009

for that small lcd IPC you don't need steering wheel comands from Insignia, you can use left stick....

We have tried to use left stork but it won't do anything. everything else works off the Astra controls.

With the insignia controls we can cycle the menus and set speed limiter and and c/c but can't control Radio (most likely need the HMI module).

I wouldn't mind getting the new siggy controls working if possible because I think they are nicer than the J one's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(15:th-Aug-2018, 15:49:31)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(14:th-Aug-2018, 18:38:40)Sh4rk2007 Wrote: How far have you got with this rusty I’ve been wanting to get one of these, let me know if you need another one to play with I’ll buy one . The big one with the sat nav would be good.

We hae got as far as power up & trying to get all the steering wheel controls working.

(15:th-Aug-2018, 14:49:19)Roksab Wrote: @Rusty2009

We have tried to use left stork but it won't do anything. everything else works off the Astra controls.

With the insignia controls we can cycle the menus and set speed limiter and and c/c but can't control Radio (most likely need the HMI module).

I wouldn't mind getting the new siggy controls working if possible because I think they are nicer than the J one's.

Hi Rusty,

I'm trying to figure out how to change VIN in cluster.  I know that Astra J has it stroed in 24c16 eeprom so this is not that tricky. How about isignia ones? Would you mind sharing?

Thanks
Jay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It seems that someone is getting close!!!

Hello! I find this 2 guys on Youtube and i think they done this retrofit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfSKlYMh6YI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vdYJWp7YvU
Done 

Good evening gentleman. This would be my first time posting on this group. I'm from South Africa and have been following most of the retrofits on this  group. I started getting busy with the install of the 8 inch Instrument cluster from the Insignia B in my Astra J 2014 OPC. I got it all working but now my dilemma, i cant scroll the different menus as i don't have the D-Pad from the Insignia and to import a complete steering wheel  going to be costly. Our Astra Ks don't have the D-Pad that i need. Been looking hi and low for the schematics of the D-pad......should be a series of resistors that tells the BCM what button was pressed. Can Someone please help me with the resistor values in the right D pad ...i want to build my own.

Help wold be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:15:50)zaapp Wrote: Done 

Hello zaapp, can you please make a tutorial or give us some info about the process. What parts did you use etc? I want to make this change to my car. It looks very well.
I am also interested
This gives the interior a much more modern look (not the 3way speakers lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pxz9NxXrgE
(30:th-Oct-2020, 20:32:36)DNT Wrote: This gives the interior a much more modern look (not the 3way speakers lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pxz9NxXrgE

Still not working properly still need to use a different control panel which isn't mounted on the steering wheel.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I guess it could be mounted somewhere in the dash next to the steering wheel.
No big deal as you won't be using it very often.
(31:st-Oct-2020, 15:46:50)DNT Wrote: I guess it could be mounted somewhere in the dash next to the steering wheel.
No big deal as you won't be using it very often.

I'd disagree of course regardless of how often you use it would become more of a distraction mucking around to press the correct button on a hidden set of buttons.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Guys why don't you create interface between LIN bus and Astra's buttons using ADC? It is very simple. I did it and it works ok.
https://youtu.be/jATZ0IdqApc
(8:th-Nov-2020, 12:16:17)zaapp Wrote: Guys why don't you create interface between LIN bus and Astra's buttons using ADC? It is very simple. I did it and it works ok.

Do the audio controls etc on the steering wheel work though?
NAVI950 , DAB+ & Rear Camera , quick heat, auto lights and rain sensor retrofit
(8:th-Nov-2020, 19:23:31)Jpbroad1970 Wrote:
(8:th-Nov-2020, 12:16:17)zaapp Wrote: Guys why don't you create interface between LIN bus and Astra's buttons using ADC? It is very simple. I did it and it works ok.

Do the audio controls etc on the steering wheel work though?

Other things was realised as usuall. Only IPC navigation buttons are remaped.
@zaapp Can you tell us more? Is the new cluster fully functional? Any bugs?
(9:th-Nov-2020, 13:29:09)DNT Wrote: @zaapp Can you tell us more? Is the new cluster fully functional? Any bugs?
As you saw on video it is fully functional. It is same as red display but with some colours
So is this a project you made by your own? Or is there someone providing this service?
I guess this project involves rewiring and changing the vin and pin code to the cluster in order to match yours?
https://www.drive2.ru/l/549692318165238686/  

[url=https://www.drive2.ru/l/549692318165238686/][/url]
Every cluster change involves you to change VIN, PIN and IMMO bytes (last one is needed to disable immobiliser DTC).
You can use Arduino and MCP2515 like me or Canny from last Your post . Now i am looking for CAN gateway and i will be able to enable properly working oil temp gauge.
Can anyone explain the installation procedure of dashboard? Pinout or something....
There are many people that installed the insignia cluster with the 7 inch display. You can also use the original stalk to navigate through the menus via an interface.

But very few know how to do it. None of them will give away such info for free.
You have to pay for their services which is quite fair.
I am also interested in doing this mod as it gives the cabin a more modern look.

As far as you' re willing to pay, the difficult part is to find someone who knows how to do it. I still haven't found anyone.
I've done something for now. Connected plus, plus after key, ground, and kan highway high speed. The board works, but not completely. I don't understand people who keep such secrets to themselves ...
(19:th-Dec-2020, 19:51:51)Milos1989 Wrote: I've done something for now. Connected plus, plus after key, ground, and kan highway high speed. The board works, but not completely. I don't understand people who keep such secrets to themselves ...

So did you use an MDI tool to program the new board?

I discovered a company which offers reprogramming insignia clusters in order to fit astra K's.
Maybe someone located in UK can contact them for more info. I don't know If I'm allowed to post their website address.
(20:th-Dec-2020, 00:29:26)DNT Wrote:
(19:th-Dec-2020, 19:51:51)Milos1989 Wrote: I've done something for now. Connected plus, plus after key, ground, and kan highway high speed. The board works, but not completely. I don't understand people who keep such secrets to themselves ...

So did you use an MDI tool to program the new board?

I discovered a company which offers reprogramming insignia clusters in order to fit astra K's.
Maybe someone located in UK can contact them for more info. I don't know If I'm allowed to post their website address.

Hi DNT

I had a digital dash installed in my Astra K SRI Nav by a company up north however the dash wasn't up to standard as some of the functions were not enabled properly, ie no parking sensors, no battery voltage to which I was fobbed off that I didn't have parking sensors to which were oem retrofitted by VXOC Electrabizz which required a VCI, I had several people trying to make it work properly but then I was offered some excuses as to why the digital dash was not functioning correctly, was advised to contact VXOC Electrabizz to rectified the parking sensors, very poor customer service.
I changed the vin number, pin code in the eprom. kilometers taken from bcm alone. i don't think it's that hard to solve the board.
maybe if someone else would bring out some details it would be nice.
(21:st-Dec-2020, 21:38:26)Milos1989 Wrote: I changed the vin number, pin code in the eprom. kilometers taken from bcm alone. i don't think it's that hard to solve the board.
maybe if someone else would bring out some details it would be nice.

Sorry for offtopic but tell us how you changed the VIN number & pin code in the eprom, please?
I downloaded the eprom, used carprog to read it and changed the chassis number and pin code
Have a look at the retrofit done by Astrignia on facebook, using a lin module on the standard stalk
Hi, do you have a step by step guide to mount insignia cluster in opel astra j? I would pay for it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TPMS on Astra J GTC milozic 0 1,641 14:th-May-2023, 18:58:09
Last Post: milozic
  Digital cluster (virtual cockpit) retrofit milozic 5 5,998 30:th-Apr-2023, 19:51:49
Last Post: milozic
  Insignia vx flat steering wheel Anthonwr 1 2,586 25:th-Aug-2021, 11:41:29
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Insignia odometer is locked mileage no display Robsterw1980 1 1,674 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:14:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear camera fit on Opel astra sports tourer info ;) Alienbv 24 18,534 26:th-Dec-2019, 13:00:29
Last Post: niteram
  parking and cluster upgrade Maniacu 5 8,919 8:th-Sep-2019, 13:06:46
Last Post: andre_rf
  astra k cluster on astra j Maniacu 2 6,258 6:th-Jun-2019, 14:37:10
Last Post: Maniacu
  2011 insignia satnav Drow insignia 1 2,367 22:nd-Jan-2019, 17:15:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J Instrument Cluster 32pin wiring diagram Milo629 0 5,221 22:nd-Jan-2019, 14:55:13
Last Post: Milo629
  Astra J Coming Home Module / Key Signal Diagram EricMod 9 8,242 16:th-Jan-2019, 12:20:43
Last Post: Big Dave2

Who read this thread?
11 User(s) read this thread:
Arkanggel10 (24:th-Apr-2023, 11:50:39), milozic (14:th-Jun-2023, 13:44:25), Nipeee (16:th-Jan-2024, 17:56:49), Dvaltd (9:th-Nov-2023, 00:42:44), Jjmorris90 (2:nd-Apr-2023, 13:09:57), ercan412 (13:th-Apr-2023, 12:46:01), dawid926 (24:th-May-2023, 13:21:08), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 15:45:13), syntetx (9:th-Dec-2023, 18:35:25), ozkanuman (16:th-Feb-2024, 13:35:55), meriva_turbo (10:th-Mar-2024, 00:39:40)