Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
unit m072 rom kotix custom the head android for s160

Kotix Custom ROM for the Android S160 (M072) Head Unit
Due to Sheppy's original thread for the S160 (M072) Android HU Installation getting off topic/polluted with Kotix ROM chatter, I thought it might be worthwhile setting up a separate thread for the Kotix ROM discussion.

For those not familiar with the Kotix ROM, it is a custom ROM for the S160 unit (Not just the M072 - M072 is the Astra J version of it) which provides some additional functionality and also overcomes some of the limitations of the standard ROM. 

The main benefits are:-

1. User data partition for apps/data can be increased from 1 Gig to 2 Gig, 4 Gig or 8 Gig. 
2. Root access to the device
3. 2 or 3 additional skins for the launcher including new skins for radio, music player, bluetooth etc. 
4. Some basic colour customisation for the music and radio apps. 

I might have forgotten 1 or 2 other benefits. 

The Kotix website is at :-

http://kotixworld.blogspot.ie/

The cost of the Kotix ROM is GBP 15 / EUR 20.

Since Oct/Nov 2016, the Kotix ROM requires an unlock code from the seller to stop unauthorised use of the ROM. 

I'll try and grab some of the Kotix questions posed in the other thread and add them to this thread if possible. 

Thanks

This is a link the the latest skins available for the Kotix ROM.

http://kotixworld.blogspot.ie/2017/04/s1...-skin.html

Installing the Kotix ROM. (Mini Guide) 

Whilst I realise that a lot of people would balk at the thought of trying to flash the ROM on the Android Unit, it's really not that difficult once you get your head around it. 

This isn't meant to be the definitive guide on how to do it but rather a high level overview of the process itself. 

1. Visit the Kotixworld website and buy the software. Payment is via Paypal
2. Once he (Marco) has received payment, he will send you a link to his shared Google Drive which contains all versions of the Kotix ROM.
3. The latest version is always in his Root folder. (i.e. 3 x RAR Files - i.e. Compresses Zipped files)
4. He tends to have 3 versions of his ROM in the foot folder for 2 Gig, 4 Gig or 8 Gig configuration. The 2 or 4 Gig version would probably be sufficient. 
5. Create a new folder on your PC.
6. Unzip the RAR file to this folder. I use 7ZIP. (i.e. 7Zip Manager is a ZIP/UNZIP tool which is free to download - http://www.7-zip.org/download.html )  

The Folder Structure should look something like this:-
      - Internal_Sd
      - Preinstall
      - SystemApp
      - Wincacfg

In the Root of the folder will be approx 10 other files.  

7. Email Marco for a Unlock.code file if he hasn't already emailed it to you.
8. He will send you this file as an attachment that should be saved to the WINCACFG folder.
9. WINCACFG folder also contains the Default Wallpaper if you want to change it. (i.e. Copy a different JPG file to this folder and rename it to "default_wallpaper.jpg")
10. PREINSTALL folder can be used to install specific APK files during the flash process. (i.e. Keep this to a minimum as they are a few APKs there which conflict with the System APKs which can cause missing menu options) 

11. Format a SD card for the installation process. 
12. Copy all the files and folders as-is onto the SD card.
13. Make sure that the Head Unit has been powered off 30 mins so that it is no longer in hibernate mode.
14. Insert the SD Card into the GPS card slot and turn on the ignition. 
15. The unit should boot into the Android Update configuration screen. The process should take about 15-20 minutes.
16. The default language after the ROM flash is Russian so the first thing you need to do is find the Language option in Settings which are in Russian of course to switch it back to English. (Haha....good luck)

NB. Note that you will need to log into your Google Account again as this will have all been lost. 
And you will also need to re-download all your apps again. 

Hope this all makes sense.
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

I'll sticky this so it doesn't get lost.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Very good idea for a post mate! Extremely useful info!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 112,841 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 53,215 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  Android RV5754 factory settings password Amazingusername 3 3,437 7:th-Nov-2020, 16:08:03
Last Post: cro55m
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,872 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  Sports Tourer DAB+ on Android Headunit MikeyP247 2 2,797 2:nd-Nov-2019, 17:11:28
Last Post: niteram
  Dash cam on Android unit robk999 2 9,582 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:30:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,474 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  Front DVR android S160 M072 NEATH-LAD 3 3,069 4:th-Jul-2019, 19:07:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 38,412 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5
  after market head init marky79 0 5,382 4:th-Nov-2018, 17:17:12
Last Post: marky79

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (15:th-Aug-2023, 06:53:36), Barbar81 (17:th-May-2023, 18:06:20)