Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lights fog preparation insignia

insignia fog lights preparation
I'm preparing to install front fogs in my insignia. I think I've got most of the info ready but still have a few questions. I like to know the procedure from start to finish so there's no surprises.

When all is said and done I'd like to write up a how-to for it.

Parts:
- The lamps, obviously. OEM nr. 13226828 and 13226829.

- H10 bulbs 2x. Already fitted in above image. Should be easily available, though the bulb isn't common so might take a day before they stock.

- The grill covers, both sides. OEM nr. 1400463, 1400464.

- H10 connector and wire 2x.

- Crimp pins for fusebox. Found by rusty2009, seemingly only available at mouser. Couldn't find them on any of the competitors' websites.
Will add pic when they arrive.

- Light switch which includes a button for the front fog lights. OEM nr. 13268702. Might need a different one for right-hand drive vehicles!

- Electrical wire. Simple speaker wire should suffice.
- Faston round terminals for the ground connection of the fogs. Attach somewhere to chassis.
- Unsure: might need some screws or fitting materials.

Electrical:
Schematic, courtesy of rusty2009. 

From my understanding, we can tap into the 48 fuse in the box under the bonnet. The KR46 relay will power the fog lights when the K9 body control module indicates they should be turned on.

If I'm not mistaken (please correct me if I am!!), this means we can route a wire from the 48 fuse to the lamps.

Lifting up the fusebox reveals the block where we can hopefully add the wire that'll run to the fogs. I will have to do some measuring to find out precisely where we can insert the wires. Will update once I know more.

Fitting:
Will have a look how to tackle this. When I know more I'll add it here.
I'll get you the fuse board pin out so you put it in the place.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks rusty, appreciate it.
Did you also have the link to the female counterpart of those delphi plugs?
And are the same ones used in the doors?
Final question, is the fog lights fitting a bumper-off job? Did some looking around but gonna have a hard time doing it on the street with bumper still on it seems.
Right sorry for delay in replying.

I've attached the 2 pin-outs you need.

X1 is the one where you will add the 1.5mm Wire into Pin 31.

x2 is just so you can see the wire that comes from the BCM 0.5mm in pin 19

The Pins for the door connectors are the same but you can get different part numbers based on size of wire.

Male one's I I just need to locate.

Attached Files
  X50A Fuse Block - Underhood X1.pdf (Size: 94.49 KB / Downloads: 30)
  X50A Fuse Block - Underhood X2.pdf (Size: 96.27 KB / Downloads: 24)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Thanks. Gonna have a look at fitting them tomorrow. Probably gonna have to remove bumper, not sure if I need extra materials for mounting them, will see.
good luck
So I fitted them and wired them all up. Just got to activate them now but not quite sure how to go about it.
I have a genuine MDI and tried with a tis2web/SPS session but couldn't find a way to enable fog lights in either the BCM module or IPC.
Rusty do you remember precisely which module and which menu ((re)program or config) I should be looking at?
You need to request a VCI for the BCM.

for the IPC you sps go into config and setup and select the option for front fogs.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Aw, I requested one for the IPC. Not sure if that's gonna matter, seeing as its a manual process and all. It did offer me a selection for 'retrofit fog lights' so that's what I chose.
Hopefully it'll work out.
Yeah they should work it out.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No VCI yet but yesterday wasn't a working day so maybe it's a bit longer than 24h this once..
I wanted to add the fitting instructions but it seems I can't edit the first post. Should that be possible?
Am rather annoyed that I still haven't heard anything back from the VCI request, other than the "we have received your request and will contact you soon" automated response.

Do these get ignored often?
There appears to be no form or method in which I can contact them manually. So if all I can do to trigger an update is to recreate the VCI request I'm not amused, especially since this whole 'pay for use' system they have in place feels like a massive ripoff. Not to keen on spending another €10 on getting access, requesting another VCI in 2 minutes and have it ignored again..
Might of been missed.

drop them an email here just make sure you VIN is in there subject.

tis@de.gm.com
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Well I programmed it with the VCI, and now when I press the front fogs button the  symbol lights up on the IPC along with the main head lights, but no fogs.. Also no voltage on fuse 48. Am I missing something still or could the VCI be bad?
Did you check you had the wire from BCM to fuse box x2 0.5mm in pin 19
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
No I hadn't. Pin 19 is not populated. Seems I will need another wire to the BCM pin 10 then as well.
I figured this was integrated but apparently that's not the case. So I'll have run another wire from the BCM beneath the steering wheel to the fuse box then..

Attached Files
  bcm_x5.pdf (Size: 119.46 KB / Downloads: 19)
Yes run a wire from there to the fuse box, but I've not been able to source the terminals for the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yep spot on. Found the connectors at a scrap yard and then ran the extra wire. All good now, will do a proper writeup later on.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insignia vx flat steering wheel Anthonwr 1 2,686 25:th-Aug-2021, 11:41:29
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  insignia cluster into astra? Tylerrattv 48 33,927 30:th-Jul-2021, 18:27:37
Last Post: theendfear
  Auto lights and wipers bhalay207 19 13,934 18:th-May-2021, 21:27:29
Last Post: azajus
  Insignia odometer is locked mileage no display Robsterw1980 1 1,763 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:14:20
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Auto Lights and Bluetooth Retrofit kalum0101 5 9,000 2:nd-Aug-2020, 13:48:24
Last Post: kalum0101
  2011 insignia satnav Drow insignia 1 2,620 22:nd-Jan-2019, 17:15:39
  Installing 2013 intellilink nav unit and trim on a 2010 Insignia i.rosca 5 8,348 13:th-Apr-2017, 13:52:33
Last Post: i.rosca
  Advice needed regarding HID upgrade for a 2010 Insignia i.rosca 11 12,688 17:th-Dec-2016, 15:55:57
Last Post: i.rosca
  Retrofit Auto Lights TrophyJem 5 10,768 12:th-Apr-2016, 11:29:38
  Updated DRL lights bhalay207 45 18,700 14:th-Jan-2016, 13:03:55
Last Post: Kris

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (13:th-Jun-2023, 15:34:16)