Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to removal remove unit screen the head includes from how car

How to remove the head unit from the car includes Screen removal

How to remove the head unit from the car.
Includes Screen removal.

Tools needed
* Cross head screw driver
* 7mm socket
*Small slot head screw driver or paper scraper.

Here's how it look to start.

1. Remove the non-slip mat.

2. Remove the plastic tray from the same area, (this is where you need the slot head or paper scraper)

3. Unclip the gear knob gaiter and move out the way.

4. Undo the two screws that are holding the fascia on, there is one either side (this is where you need the cross head screwdriver).

5. Gently pull at the fascia from the bottom and start working your way around, you may need to pull slightly harder in some places.

6. You will have to move the gear knob gaiter and then remove the fascia

7. To gain access to all the bolts you will need to open the covers at the bottom of the air vents, they just unclip and swing out.

8. Next you need to undo the 4 bolts that hold the controls on, (you will need the 7mm socket for this).

9. Removing the control panel, you need to unplug the wires from the back of panel.
Trim level depending of course there should 1 top left & right one half way down on the right & one bottom right.

10. Remove the head unit from undo the two bolts at the top of the unit, (you will need the 7mm socket again)

Once you have done that pull the unit out and disconnect the wire and Aerial.

To remove the plug on the back you need to push the tab and pull back the leaver.

That's it the head unit is out.

*Screen removal.

So after removing the head-unit you’re left with this.

Removing this screen is very simple there are 3 lugs each side (it hooks onto the air vents)

All you have to do is push up on the display and it will unclip and you can then pull it out.

Once you've pulled it out you will find two connections on it, if you are just replacing the unit keep both connections.

If you're changing the unit for a Chinese unit then you only need to keep the bottom connection.
(DO NOT CHOP THE DISPLAY CABLE JUST TUCK IT BACK INTO THE DASH.)

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
grate wright up especially if you are fitting
an after market unit with display
Just fitted mine finally! Great howto Rusty, just one thing you do need the plug that goes to the old display! it plugs into another one with 2 wires that comes off the loom for the new head unit, if you are using the S160

Cheers Ronnie
(14:th-Jul-2016, 16:40:42)ronnie63 Wrote: Just fitted mine finally! Great howto Rusty, just one thing you do need the plug that goes to the old display! it plugs into another one with 2 wires that comes off the loom for the new head unit, if you are using the S160

Cheers Ronnie

The S160 is far newer than the china one I had so it's most likely changed but handy for others to know.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Anyway to get these pictures updated ?
(4:th-Jul-2017, 15:11:04)jason.dexter Wrote: Anyway to get these pictures updated ?

Updated, sorry I'm getting through all my how-to's slowly.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(22:nd-Feb-2014, 15:53:59)Rusty2009 Wrote: [align=center]

How to remove the head unit from the car.
Includes Screen removal.

What happens to the StabiliTrak and Park Assist buttons on the original headunit? I'm not so bothered about ever turning off the StabiliTrak but sometimes I manually enable or disable Park Assist. Would I lose this ability with an aftermarket headunit?
No you wouldn’t if you look at my how-to for aftermarket you will see they clip into the new fascia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ah ok, I didn't see that. What happens to the screen at the top, would it just display the date/time all the time or something?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It will display the date & time along with a logo if have the connects2 box there are many to chose from.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How To Fit Sub To CD400 Head Unit TUFFKNUX 138 112,802 20:th-May-2021, 09:19:58
Last Post: h4r7y
  How to Install aftermarket head unit Rusty2009 55 53,135 14:th-Mar-2021, 15:16:56
Last Post: GTC-Nut
  Navi 950 with touch screen info Rusty2009 9 5,994 25:th-Feb-2021, 13:59:32
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Battery drain Android tesla style head unit rayvo1 4 3,858 9:th-Sep-2020, 21:05:31
Last Post: rayvo1
  Dash cam on Android unit robk999 2 9,562 2:nd-Nov-2019, 10:30:30
Last Post: Rusty2009
  CD400 buttons not working Android head unit install mephisto 4 7,463 27:th-Oct-2019, 17:30:00
Last Post: mephisto
  How to Install Android Head Unit + Wireless Reverse Camera sheppy1 64 38,365 9:th-Jan-2019, 15:07:53
Last Post: Shorty5
  after market head init marky79 0 5,372 4:th-Nov-2018, 17:17:12
Last Post: marky79
  Where to find standard head units cubez0 9 7,785 18:th-Oct-2018, 17:55:45
Last Post: Rusty2009
  What's the best dongle for a V5754 android head unit? johnboy999 11 8,957 12:th-May-2018, 20:36:07
Last Post: Alby75

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
Rusty2009 (14:th-Apr-2024, 17:23:39), Tylerrattv (3:rd-Nov-2023, 00:14:38), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:16:51), Jnny (2:nd-Dec-2023, 16:31:55)