Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
wierd 2 issues

2 wierd issues
Hope you can help, the first issue is:

1. A strange noise coming from my front right brake when breaking, doesn't happen when im stood still and pump the brakes, the best way to describe the sound is like a ratchet getting tighter the harder i push the pedal.

2. A clunking/knocking noise only when i go over large bumps or potholes,

Please help
check the brake pads cam they may be worn
tucpal Wrote:check the brake pads cam they may be worn

Checked them the other week, they were like new, anything else?
I have a clunk on the front, I took it back the day after purchase. They replaced all bushes & drop links, anti roll links etc and said it was a dry bush, it improved massively but was always still there, now gets worse every time I drove over a speed bump or similar, even going 5-10mph.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
To add, the conclusion vaux came to was I dry bush somewhere.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
Brake noise, it doesn't do it when sitting still at all? More info, spped it does it at, if turning etc, etc....
Kevin Wrote:Brake noise, it doesn't do it when sitting still at all? More info, spped it does it at, if turning etc, etc....

does it at any speed, doesnt matter if wheels are turned, it sounds like a ratchet but slow sound
Cameron UK Wrote:does it at any speed, doesnt matter if wheels are turned, it sounds like a ratchet but slow sound

Hmm, was thinking the start of a front abs sensor going faulty. Normally that shows up slowing down on approach to junctions, and can be aggravated as the steering gets turned.

Do feel any feedback through the brake pedal?
Kevin Wrote:Hmm, was thinking the start of a front abs sensor going faulty. Normally that shows up slowing down on approach to junctions, and can be aggravated as the steering gets turned.

Do feel any feedback through the brake pedal?

It sounds like whatever is happening is getting tightened when you press the pedal in more. It sounds like it's stretching a spring or something. Gonna take it in somewhere for a free brake check
It's not a case of the brake pads being seized in the carrier or the caliper slide pins being seized??
Kevin Wrote:It's not a case of the brake pads being seized in the carrier or the caliper slide pins being seized??

It doesn't do it when stood still though
I give up on the brake issue, unless the noise is not brakes and maybe a suspension bush problem....

I'll assume both noises came at different times?? Knock will more than likely be a roll bar link, unless there is a broken spring, but have yet to see any J's with broken springs, yet!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting & front power socket issues phlyer 0 3,176 17:th-Mar-2023, 17:41:23
Last Post: phlyer
  gear box issues tucpal 84 77,932 1:st-Jun-2019, 13:47:24
Last Post: umognog
  Are there Known Machanical Handbrake issues? Hilly68 4 9,555 25:th-Nov-2014, 20:12:55
Last Post: Hilly68
  Wierd Bluetooth issues JohnL 3 9,319 3:rd-Jun-2014, 23:32:10
Last Post: Migwell030744

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (1:st-Jul-2023, 06:26:22)