Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
whirring noise

Whirring noise
Hi guys, a while back car started making a whirring noise and vx came out with me and he said it was the engine discharging unused boost pressure. Since then it's been doing it an awfull lot.
I've uploaded a quick vid to youtube if anyone with a keen ear can have a listen Noise - YouTube

Forward to about 15 secs and u can hear it when pressing in clutch to change gear. I can hear it on my phone if u can't let me know and I'll get the missus to hold my phone tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Another example about 4secs in http://youtu.be/HmNZgWyFNr0

Using Tapatalk
there is a known problem with the 1.7cdti making a gurgling or turkey squabble sort of sound
it has to do with the fuel pipe going to the high pressure feed
vauxhall are aware of this problem and there has been a workshop for the fix
take it back to the dealer and ask for the fix to be done
it does sound like you have this problem
i will look for the workshop fix later on
here it is
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...2518,d.ZGU
Great cheers pal. When me and the technician walked out to the car I told him the noise and he said he had already looked for it and said its releasing boost pressure where I'm not giving enough revs to use the turbo - strange cos the turbo whistles whilst it does this so I just accepted what he said. It even done it whilst I took him out. I thought it was dmf 😱😱😱

Using Tapatalk
The link ain't working buddy

Using Tapatalk
just let them know you think it is the above and you know there is a problem
and quote the above workshop to them.
and lets hope that sorts it out for you.
works for me https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...2518,d.ZGU

if not type in google astra j engine noise and look for the workshop 3rd down
Cheers. I'll give them a call In the morning and quote this. Handy workshop manual that is

Using Tapatalk
Hi , I have just bought a 60 plate 1.7cdti Sri and it's making his noise , will Vauxhall do this fix for free it would it be chargeable ?
(11:th-Apr-2014, 19:22:08)tucpal Wrote: just let them know you think it is the above and you know there is a problem
and quote the above workshop to them.
and lets hope that sorts it out for you.

Will they fix it for free ?
Is it a recall fix that would be done for free or would I have to pay for it
Talk with your dealer.. This must be a known issue and pherhaps not an issue that effect the engine more than a wierd sound occurs.

Another thread about it: https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Ast...d-pressure

I also have the same sound on my 1.7 diesel 125 hp.
Change the fuel filter & it'll go away.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High pitched noise (Astra OPC J) maximame 0 4,479 24:th-Mar-2021, 08:34:13
Last Post: maximame
1.4 na whirring sound Saif.pro 4 2,552 31:st-Dec-2020, 23:03:47
Last Post: Saif.pro
  Electrik brake noise!! blacknik 1 4,801 24:th-Feb-2020, 08:57:02
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Noise when clutch 1/4 depressed 2013 Astra J Galway11 0 8,035 27:th-Jun-2019, 22:40:04
Last Post: Galway11
  Strange noise from passenger side when driving slowly/stationary and just taking off irishastraowner 3 3,530 16:th-Mar-2019, 09:34:36
  Astra J 2.0 cdti noise on cold start up Iaintruten 3 6,100 17:th-Jan-2018, 17:26:31
Last Post: Iaintruten
  Water Noise Sloshing sheppy1 22 23,946 15:th-Oct-2016, 11:16:57
Last Post: andy2174
  Boot noise?? Anyone help me?? LukeAstra15 4 5,221 16:th-Feb-2016, 21:38:45
Last Post: bhalay207
  Noise from engine SI SRI 8 10,949 26:th-Nov-2015, 15:17:23
Last Post: monty2000
  grinding / scraping noise midge 6 9,709 9:th-Mar-2015, 14:44:00