Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cleaning interior

Interior Cleaning
Hi guys!

Today I will be talking about cleaning the interior of the car. This is suited for weekly or biweekly cleaning. For more in depth cleaning, take a look at my interior shampoo post which will be posted shortly.

Firstly, remove all rubbish, litter, larger stones and leaves from the vehicle.

Then use a dash brush (pic below) to dust the dashboard, vents, trims and other niggly bits. Allow the dust to fall to the floor.

Use a vacuum with a crevice tool (pic below) to vacuum the floor and seats, the crevice tool is great for the side of the seats and for tight areas.

After this, use a dedicated Interior Cleaner or a mild APC (All purpose cleaner), with a cloth to wipe down all the plastics. If you have a leather cleaner, you can use this to wipe down your leather seats as part of your routine.

I use CarPro Inside, which is a dedicated Interior Cleaner and Leather Cleaner. It also dilutes at 5: 1 (5 parts water to 1 part product).

It foams up lightly to allow longer dwell time, which breaks down the grime and dirt before wiping away with a cloth, leaving behind a refreshing scent.

All that's left is your windows, 2 cloths, one to wipe the window cleaner on, and the other to buff off to a streak free finish.

Top tip - spray air freshener under your mats and seats for longevity.

Happy Hoovering!

This customers car, which I did today, was via the same method as above.