Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fit retro xenon simple way for

Simple Retro Fit Way for Xenon
Hello Everyone,

I'm planing to fit original Xenon headlight to my car but I have limited skills for modifying looms (not brave enough   , big applause to Rusty I'm always amazed what he did with his fit.)  and no VCI coding... 

So my plan is to use orginal looms and connectors of the car and modify the ones in the xenon headlight but I have some questions in my mind and I want to ask them before I buy materials... If you give your opinions I will be really appreciated... 

1. Xenon headlight low beams on the projector lens how about high beams ? Are they in the same place with the halogen headlights or projector and a second bulb is working together create high beam ? 

2. As Rusty explained his manual sockets are same with both headlight but when you connect xenon high beams are not working... I think that wiring or socket pin placement is different on the xenon, what if I modify socket or wiring some how to match same halogen headlight will it work ? 

3. If I understand correctly Rusty mentioned that headlight washing system wiring is there but at the end of his topic he didn't mentioned that he installed washing system or not.. (or I just missed it)... So can I modify my orginal no washing bumber to have washing system and install headlight washer without VCI code?

For leveling I found after market auto leveling module so that is can be done with out programing... And I'm not after AFL so that is okey... 

I thought to buy after market xenon headlight which can be used direct swap from halogen but they don't look cool as the orginal... 

So thanks in advance for your advice's and answers... 

Regards.

S
I dont think GM supply the codes no more for this, Rusty has been only one to get it before they clamped down on it.
Sorry I saw this thread before but was rushing around.

As Lewis says VCI is needed which GM will no longer supply.

TBH you would be far better off buying the aftermarket projector headlights and fitting them with a HID kit.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Hello,

Thanks for your all returns....

I see aftermarket is the way to go.. I wish I could find one look exactly orginal (honestly I was looking for the chrome strip in side the headlight :P)

In any case I did some other research and if I understand correctly on orginal xenon high beams are corner lights and projectors work as both high and low? So to tell projector to light the high beam a "signal" needed( That is the part VCI is needed. )... I wonder if this signal can be replicated with a arduino...
(9:th-Feb-2017, 07:48:55)syscleaner Wrote: Hello,

Thanks for your all returns....

I see aftermarket is the way to go.. I wish I could find one look exactly orginal (honestly I was looking for the chrome strip in side the headlight :P)

In any case I did some other research and if I understand correctly on orginal xenon high beams are corner lights and projectors work as both high and low? So to tell projector to light the high beam a "signal" needed( That is the part VCI is needed. )... I wonder if this signal can be replicated with a arduino...

The VCI adds all the software and calibration files to the BCM for the AFL system.

Yes you are correct about the dipped and main beam are run off one bulb iirc the mian beam is done via the Canbus network.
Corner lights replace high beam.

It may well work that you can just change the wire of the halogen lamp (as it runs at a higher current) and just keep main beam where the corner lights are.

This may not work and may even throw up errors if you have factory LED sidelights / DRL then you shouldn't get an error for that part.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
You could possibly look at a set of these, open them up and change the light pattern... only £128

https://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Lightin...=astra%20j
https://www.fk-shop.de/en/Tuning/Lightin...=astra%20j

This one is looking promissing thanks for the link...

@rusty2009 how did you manage headlight washers ? did you changed your bumper or just drilled out the space you need ? And I guess again VCI change need to activate headlight washers, right?
I changed the bumper and as a VCI request which again GM will not support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I found this for leveling of projectors...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cheap-sh...79f717b9ee
(10:th-Feb-2017, 14:53:14)syscleaner Wrote: I found this for leveling of projectors...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Cheap-sh...79f717b9ee

You can just keep the manual headlamp levelling.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flex ride retro-fit Rusty2009 10 10,089 30:th-Dec-2022, 17:24:04
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Retro fit sport and tour buttons syscleaner 4 5,809 9:th-Sep-2021, 18:29:49
Last Post: SbVampire
  Retro Fit Apple Carplay Question ed-b 1 4,381 10:th-Jul-2021, 09:28:30
Last Post: dammfust
  AFL / Xenon retrofit Rusty2009 156 99,006 4:th-Jul-2018, 18:03:51
Last Post: Rusty2009

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
marktourino (6:th-Jun-2023, 12:34:12), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 16:23:58)