Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to j de of side astra and how badge rear

HOW TO: De-Badge Rear and side of astra J

Here is a how to with full instructions on how to de-badge your Astra, not for everyone but i prefer it

Firstly, sorry about the state of my car, its very dirty, I KNOW

You will need:

Nylon thread or fishing wire (nylon string off an old kite works the best)
Tar remover
Credit/debit card
Color coded polish (not the people)

BEFORE:

1. Put the string behind the first letter, you need to be holding each end of the string in each hand, you may need to use a finger as a guide to get it under the letter.

2. start pulling the string side to side is a sawing motion, it uses a combination of friction and heat to remove the bond.

3. move through all of the letters you want to remove, some people just remove some, I removed all

4. Pour tar remover onto a cloth, dampen the sticky residue and leave for 3-4 mins

5. Use a card to agitate the residue left over

6. Wash over with water and polish

And that is it all done.
Sometimes the easier how too are the best looking well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very good mate, Just one thing it would of come off cleaner if you were to off applied a little heat with a hair dryer.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Did the rears on mine a couple of weeks ago, washed it first, then used strong cotton to lift them. Due to already being wet from the wash, the pads came of the car by rolling with my fingers. No tar remover needed. Hopebthis helps.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
very well done mate, good tut
Rusty2009 Wrote:Very good mate, Just one thing it would of come off cleaner if you were to off applied a little heat with a hair dryer.

Ha, exactly what I was thinking... enough heat & you could have pulled them off in one.
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:Ha, exactly what I was thinking... enough heat & you could have pulled them off in one.

Only problem is too much heat can damage the paint work
there are two ways to do it hairdryer or string both work as well as each other
Cameron UK Wrote:Only problem is too much heat can damage the paint work

How hot do you think a hair dryer can get lol I've got 15+ years on you of doing this & not damaged paint yet lol
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:How hot do you think a hair dryer can get lol I've got 15+ years on you of doing this & not damaged paint yet lol

You must also have a 15 year old hair dryer! Here in the 21st century they get pretty damn hot!
I think you two have a bit of a thing going on here ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look I am a bald man, I need to find a use for my hair dryer lol
Using Tapatalk
I have the Autoglym Tar remover but I have found that WD40 works better , maybe because of the lubricants in it , I don't know but it makes it easier than Tar remover. .
Just to throw my 2penneth in, hairspray is also great for breaking down the adhesive, used it on a few cars and its always worked well
i prefer the hair dryer method also
Thanks i will be trying this soon, if i was to reapply the sri badge to the front grill what would i need to use to stick it on?

use some 3m tape like this example link only look about for cheaper options

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3m-x-20mm-Auto...3aa5e2c311
Excellent, thank you mate

Also does anyone on here in the North East do the matt black wrap for car roof? I think that'd go nice with my white Astra

black and white goes very well together

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vxr rear exhaust fit to Diesel Afus1987 4 6,367 21:st-Mar-2021, 04:34:44
Last Post: M222RJF
  How to Install a Reverse Camera in an Astra J with Navi 900 Summit 22 35,421 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:59:27
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How to fit a Front Grill Astra J tucpal 3 27,128 1:st-Mar-2019, 18:51:22
Last Post: blacknik
  How To Remove Rear bumper Rusty2009 17 34,484 7:th-Jan-2019, 18:18:25
Last Post: jamietomlin
  Multimedia interface, reverse camera, navi 600, insignia, astra j. tucpal 5 21,004 10:th-May-2018, 16:03:16
Last Post: vocky
  How to remove Wing Mirror Covers, Astra j tucpal 12 29,938 5:th-May-2017, 20:37:31
Last Post: Tonto
  Vxr rear bumper fit to normal gtc Afus1987 3 7,226 8:th-Apr-2017, 09:24:18
  How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift) Rusty2009 31 48,742 28:th-Dec-2016, 22:58:13
Last Post: tucpal
  HELP: rear wheel arch dent removal Starie 4 6,872 8:th-Jul-2016, 22:45:33
Last Post: tucpal
  How to remove Rear bumper Reflectors Rusty2009 11 20,863 31:st-Jan-2015, 10:31:31

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Apotetyk (5:th-May-2023, 23:54:43)