Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
view oem tourer j sport astra and camera rear

Astra J Sport tourer and OEM rear view camera
Hi, 

i am trying to install the OEM rear view camera (1717006) into my Astra j (2011).
I have the new dvd/radio/navi-unit (a third party product) which is designed for Astra J (2011).
My plan is to install the wires from the camera to the radio unit, but I can't find any information about the order of the camera wiring.  

Does anyone have pictures of the wiring harness (13391275) and particularly from the connector with wire color, please ?
It seems to pick up a feed from the reverse light (green wire), has an earth , connects to a pink wire at the front(ACC), and connects wires to pin 5 (White wire) and 15 (brown wire)  on the multiplug on the back of radio unit. 

I would like to get information how the colors of the cable (13391275) are connected to connector (E) see link and page 3 (http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13391275.pdf).
The colors of the camera wires (connector)  are:
- Orange
- Red
- Green
- Black
- Blue
- White

And the colours of wiring harness (13391275) are:
- Green -> reverse light
- Pink -> Acc from Fucebox to camera
- White -> video signal from camera to radio unit (hopefylly +)
- Brown -> video signal from camera to radio unit (hopefylly -)
- GND -> to tke ground/earth

Best regards

-saarits-
what radio unit do you have as the OEM camera will only work with the nav 600/900
if your head unit is aftermarket you are best using an aftermarket camera
also the oem camera with the green connector is real bad picture you need the one with the gray plug
also a vci code from vauxhall will be needed to get it to work but only if you have rear factory parking sensors
i have just done it myself

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fac...C-insignia
If you have an aftermarket camera it will use an aftermarket camera not a factory camera.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(10:th-Jan-2017, 18:24:09)tucpal Wrote: what radio unit do you have as the OEM camera will only work with the nav 600/900
if your head unit is aftermarket you are best using an aftermarket camera
also the oem camera with the green connector is real bad picture you need the one with the gray plug
also a vci code from vauxhall will be needed to get it to work but only if you have rear factory parking sensors
i have just done it myself

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Fac...C-insignia

Thank you for information, my plan A is using OEM camera, because it is better suited to the tailgate handle (original tailgate handle with a place for camera).
this is reason why i need to get information for OEM camera wiring (what colors goes GND, ACC, reverse light, video +, video -).
infortenately OEM camera connector is green :-C
If OEM camera doesn't works with aftermarket head unit and the picture is bad, then i will use aftermarket camera (that is my plan B) and edit tailgate handle to fit the aftermarket camera .
This is the camera Tucpal is on about.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222077967112

I can get the wiring info for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(11:th-Jan-2017, 09:25:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: This is the camera Tucpal is on about.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222077967112

I can get the wiring info for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
my OEM camera is (OEM number 20928400,  picture of :   http://picclick.de/R%C3%BCckfahrkamera-K...07278.html)

Wiring colours are next, and my guess how to connecting wires:
- Orange -> (Video +) ?

- Red  -> (ACC)
- Blue   ->  (Video -) ?
- Black  -> (GND) ?
- Green  -> (from reverse light) ?
- White  -> (I opened the camera and the white and black are connected to the circuit board together)

how wrong i am ?  
You are not correct mate there are a few difrent wire color options on the rear camera
so reading the wire colors is useless really  
the rear camera plug is not listed in TIS ether  
so this is the pinout from the female side of the camera loom

so you need to read the plug back to front to get the MALE connector pin out for the camera side that you have.

like this..

6 2 4
7 3 5

you will be disappointed with the picture quality of the green plug camera
the gray plug camera is miles better
(11:th-Jan-2017, 21:07:34)tucpal Wrote: You are not correct mate there are a few difrent wire color options on the rear camera

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/attachment.php?aid=718

so you need to read the plug back to front to get the MALE connector pin out for the camera side that you have.

like this..

6 2 4
7 3 5

Hi, thanks again, but some reason i can't open your link....i got error message: you do not have permission to access this page. Please, could you send the picture directly my email: timppasaarinen66 (at) gmail.com ?
(12:th-Jan-2017, 08:10:02)saarits Wrote:
(11:th-Jan-2017, 21:07:34)tucpal Wrote: You are not correct mate there are a few difrent wire color options on the rear camera

like this..

6 2 4
7 3 5

Hi, thanks again, but some reason i can't open your link....i got error message: you do not have permission to access this page. Please, could you send the picture directly my email: timppasaarinen66 (at) gmail.com ?

Yes that's because it is attached to the staff room area. please see attached below.

Attached Files
  B87 Rear view Camera (UVC)1.pdf (Size: 1.78 MB / Downloads: 186)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(12:th-Jan-2017, 12:35:38)Rusty2009 Wrote:

like this..

6 2 4
7 3 5

Yes that's because it is attached to the staff room area. please see attached below.
Hey, thats great, i will test how bad the picture is and after then make decision, is it plan A or B.
(12:th-Jan-2017, 13:44:10)saaritsHi, this project takes very long time, but now it\s done. The head unit, screen, reverse cam and other things are installed, works fine, thanks to you all. I used the OEM camera (green connector) and I am satisfied with the camera Wrote:
(12:th-Jan-2017, 12:35:38)Rusty2009 Wrote:

like this..

6 2 4
7 3 5

Hey, thats great, i will test how bad the picture is and after then make decision, is it plan A or B.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Would this work on a nav 950,i have just installed parking sensors didn't need vci to activate so hopefully worth a go
(22:nd-Jul-2017, 20:07:03)Jpbroad1970 Wrote: Would this work on a nav 950,i have just installed parking sensors didn't need vci to activate so hopefully worth a go

Yes it would but VCI will be needed.

Never needed a VCI for parking sensors.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
OK thanks rusty
Are these cheaper 25GBP cameras with gray plug also suitable?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/13473347-New-V...2823883663

How much of the wiring will be in place already?
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
The grey plug ones are newer cameras which replaced the green plug one's.

there is no wiring already in place.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Where is the wiring supposed to run to? Separate control box or just to the headunit?
2009 Insignia Sports Tourer / (EDS) Remap 202hp/475Nm / (OEM) DAB+ retrofit / (OEM) Foglights retrofit / (Focal) sound system
2 wires run to the head-unit the others go to ground run-crank (rear fuse board) and reverse light
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
On the A11 X1 connector?
(8:th-Aug-2017, 15:51:06)zzattack Wrote: On the A11 X1 connector?

A11x4
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Could you post the wiring diagram to that?
Mine has only 3 used pins, 2 for voice recognition and 1 for wheel speed sensor.
Shouldn't have one for wheel senor,

Should be a dimming control, mic & rear cam.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
6. Voice Recognition Audio Signal
16. Voice Recognition Audio Low Reference
20. AAS Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Left Front

So I guess the voice recognition stuff is the same but the wheel speed isn't used on the J?
The siggy radio does have an option for speed-controlled volume adaptation.
(9:th-Aug-2017, 09:06:43)zzattack Wrote: 6. Voice Recognition Audio Signal
16. Voice Recognition Audio Low Reference
20. AAS Wheel Speed Sensor Signal Left Front

So I guess the voice recognition stuff is the same but the wheel speed isn't used on the J?
The siggy radio does have an option for speed-controlled volume adaptation.

May have to look up this speed sensor as I have the setting speed dependant volume but it's never worked.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I have the setting on maximum. It's pretty good!
Hi. I have 2013 SportsTourer with retrofitted Navi 650.

Now I would like to retrofit OEM rear view camera.
I need this, right?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=...2492775622

What else I need to add, wires from camera to a11 x4 and HU, right?

I don't have parking sensor and I think that this will be much smarter upgrade than p.sensors.

G5 via Tapatalk
I could be wrong, but that looks like a camera for the hatch which fits into the handle space, not the tourer?

You would need looms + the compatible head unit and probably need it programmed as well.

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||
That camera would need the bumper cutting in-between the number-plate lights.

There is only 2 wires that go to the A11x4 plug (video signals)

The rest hook in the rear of the car,
1 to rev light wire
1 to run crank on the rear fuse-board
1 to ground.

The video wire need's to be shielded.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Wait, the rear camera on this thing does crack runs?

Now I know what I am telling the fuzz.

||Sent based on the twin scientific principles of star maths and wishy thinking.||
should of been crank run 
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 thank you.

I've found that I need GM 13391275 , that is for my ST. Price is 200€ at my local Opel dealership and they said that is all in package: camera, new door handle for trunk and all looms. I need to install it to my car and they will activate it via VCI code. True?

G5 via Tapatalk
Yes they do a package & yes it can be activated via VCI.

See the install instructions
http://www.ifz-berlin.de/ins_pdf/13391275.pdf
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thanks once again. It will be very helpful.

Today I was at my local Opel dealer and they told me that they can't install it because I don't have rear parking sensors. They didn't know reason why is that.

OK I wouldn't go there for VCI (guy who did Navi retrofit will activate it) but is really problem that I haven't rear sensors?

G5 via Tapatalk
The Opel dealer told me the same thing. Strange?? :-)
But then I installed the rear camera (from Phonocar) by myself and the dealer activated it (VCI code required).
Works without park sensors.
They are totally incorrect you can have rear camera without sensors fitted enough to know.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Jerry yes, that's really strange. They told me that this is notice from Opel. But great that I don't need sensors.

Rusty great. I'll send you PM, I have two questions about this.

G5 via Tapatalk
this is a very interesting thread
the kit doesn't seem too hard to fit
just got to find all the bits
retrofitted = DAB+, GM dog guard, GM reversing camera
right then,
I've now fitted my genuine reversing camera kit to my sport tourer (part no.13391275) - a long story

I ordered the kit from my local dealer, they had to order it from Germany as there was no stock in th UK.
It took 4 days for the kit to arrive, but when I opened the box the handle was missing!!
so they ordered another from Germany (4 more days), when it arrived the dealer opened the box - and no handle again!!
while I was there they checked the stock, only 2 more left, so they requested GM to do a physical stock check on the remaining 2, which took 2 weeks to complete.
anyway a complete kit turned up on Thursday, (four and a half weeks after I placed the order)

So if anyone else wants a genuine factory kit for a Sport tourer best get it ordered soon before the kit is NLA.

The good news is, fitting the kit was fairly easy, I soldered the cable joints rather than use crimp connectors as suggested in the instructions, the only real problem I had was getting the pins into the plug on the back of the radio, but it all worked first time, so all good.

really pleased so far.
Same here, i ordered the kit in august. They didn't have it in stock and took a week to complete.
I had the loom and camera.

But not the handle! I asked my dealer and they contacted GM, who said it is no longer part of the kit.
the handle was over 250 quid! Thankfully i yanked one out of a wrecked Zafira C.
Retrofitted:
Reverse Camera, Quick heat, Navi 950, dual horn, TPMS.

My reversing camera is part of the number plate light.

Works well enough, until it rains, and then all you see is a murky image due to the rear of the Astra being a dirt magnet.
Hi,
thats odd, my dealer looked at the instructions (which shows handle on contents page) and eventually got me a complete kit.(the despatch date on label confirmed was a different box)
it looks like all their remaining stock may be incorrectly packed
they said that GM agreed the handle was part of the kit and that if a complete kit wasn't available, GM would supply a handle even though it was £250
Hello everyone. just ask is this can be done with aftermarket camera and please can someone tell me which wire is revers gear single switch on head-unite.....
Thanks
(15:th-Feb-2019, 21:05:21)modoncity Wrote: Hello everyone. just ask is this can be done with aftermarket camera and please can someone tell me which wire is revers gear single switch on head-unite.....
Thanks

Yes it has been done but much better doing it with the GM camera. there isn't a single it's all done on the canbus system.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
SO WHICH WIRE I HAVE TO CONNECT THE FRONT END OF POWER CAMERA TO MAKE SWITCH ON THE RADIO DISPLAY IN REVERS GEAR ??
Well that depends on which camera you are fitting, there is no need to type in full CAP'S.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry it was just on. I fitting very sample aftermarket camera the wire for reverse gear which make switch on display cant fine in head unite i use DVD800.
can u advise please
(24:th-Feb-2019, 14:19:00)modoncity Wrote: Sorry it was just on. I fitting very sample aftermarket camera the wire for reverse gear which make switch on display cant fine in head unite i use DVD800.
can u advise please

There is a green & white wire in boot by fuse board, or you can tap in off the BCM.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(14:th-Mar-2019, 08:55:45)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(24:th-Feb-2019, 14:19:00)modoncity Wrote: Sorry it was just on. I fitting very sample aftermarket camera the wire for reverse gear which make switch on display cant fine in head unite i use DVD800.
can u advise please

There is a green & white wire in boot by fuse board, or you can tap in off the BCM.

any pictures of wiring would be much appreciated

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Insignia B cluster fitted in Astra J milozic 0 1,546 19:th-Jul-2023, 17:25:46
Last Post: milozic
  Factory Reverse Camera, Astra j/GTC, insignia tucpal 29 23,740 12:th-Mar-2023, 15:36:11
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Rear view camera MarkAP68 1 2,274 12:th-Sep-2021, 17:51:53
  fit reversing camera on astra j gtc tzr608 23 13,234 14:th-Mar-2021, 20:35:53
Last Post: _Mita
  ASTRA J OEM PARKING SENSORS blacknik 15 12,154 3:rd-Feb-2021, 19:58:42
Last Post: Qaranc
  How To Modify Rear Door Card From Car With Elec Windows To Fit Car With Window Winder Jetcolour 5 6,050 24:th-May-2020, 10:19:26
  How to retrofit flex floor Astra-J (MK6) 5 Door Rusty2009 11 26,292 18:th-Feb-2020, 08:13:37
  AUTO DIM ANTI DAZZLE REAR VIEW MIRROR retro fit tucpal 72 47,099 4:th-Aug-2019, 18:26:52
Last Post: KKEVANSKK
  Retrofit Rear Power point 5 door Astra J Ballinlea 3 11,631 20:th-Mar-2019, 18:13:44
  Astra gtc retrofit foglights Daniel199025 1 4,720 19:th-Jul-2018, 07:32:40

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
milozic (21:st-Oct-2023, 19:35:41), Farkask14 (3:rd-Nov-2023, 22:00:30), M.Duman (28:th-May-2023, 00:00:00), OnurBenk (15:th-Feb-2024, 20:03:01)