Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
progress thread kieran

Progress thread: Kieran

Pic of the car when I first got it, well, a picture IDENTICAL to my car, the pic of the one showing isn't actually my car!

First thing was the sill protectors, cost me about £11 from amazon or ebay can't remember, look good and do the job! Also hide some nasty scratches that were there when I got the car

Private plates and reg LED's installed, got the LEDs for about £10 off ebay

Swapped the bulbs in the visors to LED's, so much better! Left the old bulbs in on the left visor for comparison

Put some red LED's in the rear and front ceiling lights, car is red when the doors open, it is very difficult to see anything inside the car in this lighting so I swapped the reading lights to bright white LED's 

The picture doesn't do justice for how bright there are, really light up the whole car

Also fitted white LED's in the glove box and in the boot but don't have any pictures

Still a lot to do, these were just a few quick things i've done that were inexpensive and pain free to do, have ordered a new center console with the arm rest from ebay which is coming tomorrow, have a spoiler waiting to be fitted but need to get rid of my old car first so I can get access to the garage. Have a set of VXR side skirts on order aswell which I need sprayed and fitted so those are the first few bigger things ill be doing, also on the lookout for a nice set of 19/20 inch alloys but will probably keep the current ones on for the time being with the bad weather creeping in
Nice work mate, cars coming along nicely.
Center console fitted! Just need to source a gaiter for my handbrake as the old one did fit and I snapped it trying to make it fit haha
Got it from ebay for £55 and its in mint condition, took a while to come across as most J's have an EPB and most manual J's seem to have just the standard center console
Nice one mate! I did the same as you a while back... Took ages got a console to come up with a manual handbrake slot.

I also had to buy a whole handbrake from ebay to get the gear gator from it lol. Was only like 25 quid though

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(20:th-Nov-2016, 13:27:23)sheppy1 Wrote: Nice one mate! I did the same as you a while back... Took ages got a console to come up with a manual handbrake slot.

I also had to buy a whole handbrake from ebay to get the gear gator from it lol. Was only like 25 quid though

Going to my local vx dealer sometime this week as couldn't find anything on ebay, gonna see how much it costs there, hopefully it won't break the bank can't imagine it being too expensive

Induction kit fitted! Originally was just going to get a panel, but after hearing my mates corsa VXR with a pipercross I needed one haha. I believe this kit was originally shortys although not sure, looks great and sounds amazing though! 

Plan on swapping the cone in the future though but have a lot more things higher up on the priority list right now
looks good
Cleaned up the rear, wiper delete kit installed, opel badge swap, debaged the rest and sticker on back window
(16:th-Dec-2016, 01:57:51)Kieran Wrote: Cleaned up the rear, wiper delete kit installed, opel badge swap, debaged the rest and sticker on back window
Still not sure about the wiper delete thing! Looks great.. But does your window not get filthy?! May just be the roads round here but mines always filthy and always gets water on it so always need to use the rear wiper

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(16:th-Dec-2016, 11:52:05)sheppy1 Wrote:
(16:th-Dec-2016, 01:57:51)Kieran Wrote: Cleaned up the rear, wiper delete kit installed, opel badge swap, debaged the rest and sticker on back window
Still not sure about the wiper delete thing! Looks great.. But does your window not get filthy?! May just be the roads round here but mines always filthy and always gets water on it so always need to use the rear wiper

It can be a pain in the arse but usually the water comes off after 5 or 10 mins of driving, and surprisingly its been cleaner since I've had it installed, then again I've been washing my car weekly but no streaks or wiper marks. At the end of the day form>function haha

Trip to the tint shop, rear 3 all done in 5% limo black, as well as a 5% sunstrip too. Got this done at Total Tinting in Sunderland, would deffo recommend them, best prices going and top notch work, also get 17.5% discount if you are part of the E85 or 5W groups on Facebook 

8K HID conversion kit and LED sidelights fitted, look amazing and give 10x better visibility

Awful picture but the only close up ive got, wheels done in gloss black and calipers done in purple

Side repeaters tinted and carbon fiber VXR style surrounds, don't have any close ups of the surrounds so the pic below will have to do haha

Time for a face lift! Sprayed lower fog vents in gloss black and well as highlighting the GTC logo with white, came out looking amazing and is a nice subtle detail when looking at the front end! Upper grill done in gloss black to get rid of the ugly chrome, and wide mouth honeycomb mesh cut to shape and sprayed in gloss for the lower grill

And the final result! All grills put back in, back from the bodyshop with the front bumper smoothed where plate recess was, JMS front splitter and VXR sideskirts all colour coded fitted. Car looks so much more aggressive look and is definitely starting to draw more attention! Also have a VXR non-aero spoiler on but can't see in the picture, subtle change but deffo makes the back end look more sleek which is what I was after as I thought the bi-plane style spoiler would have been a bit much and don't want the car to look like a VXR rep hahah
Really nice work there, transforms the car. Definitely going to get pulled with that front plate though.
(11:th-Feb-2017, 12:08:51)stigeye Wrote: Really nice work there, transforms the car. Definitely going to get pulled with that front plate though.

Went past a few coppers and its been alright up till now, keeping my standard reg in the car though and thinking about window mounting it and removing the bumper sticker, when ordering the sticker I should have measured up as I thought it was a bit bigger but oh well its been done now  
But aye im chuffed with the way it looks, really does transform the entire car
Lovely car mate and good to see you're in Newcastle, you'll have to come along to our meets. We set them up in the events tab on the forum and Facebook group. We are all actually going to Galashiels on Saturday to meet the Scottish guys again if you fancy coming along?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(11:th-Feb-2017, 12:47:05)Tonto Wrote: Lovely car mate and good to see you're in Newcastle, you'll have to come along to our meets. We set them up in the events tab on the forum and Facebook group. We are all actually going to Galashiels on Saturday to meet the Scottish guys again if you fancy coming along?!

Cheers mate! and if it's tonight ill have to give it a miss as I already have other plans but deffo game for an astra meet sometime as long as I don't have to travel too far!
(11:th-Feb-2017, 16:15:49)Kieran Wrote: Cheers mate! and if it's tonight ill have to give it a miss as I already have other plans but deffo game for an astra meet sometime as long as I don't have to travel too far!

Hey, no mate it's next Saturday 18th, iirc we meet in Galashiels for 12.00 midday.

(11:th-Feb-2017, 16:18:11)Tonto Wrote:
(11:th-Feb-2017, 16:15:49)Kieran Wrote: Cheers mate! and if it's tonight ill have to give it a miss as I already have other plans but deffo game for an astra meet sometime as long as I don't have to travel too far!

Hey, no mate it's next Saturday 18th, iirc we meet in Galashiels for 12.00 midday.

Ah sweet! Will have to check if I have anything on then, might have to make an appearance
You should colour code the rear bumper valance white, all you need then at the back is a rdx spoiler.
(11:th-Feb-2017, 17:25:03)stigeye Wrote: You should colour code the rear bumper valance white, all you need then at the back is a rdx spoiler.

Going to do it in gloss black, just need to figure out what I'm doing diffuser wise and exhaust wise first though, still a bit of work needed in the rear end! As for the spoiler I already have one on, just can't see it in the pic, but its actually the VXR non-aero spoiler
Yeah gloss black or white will look great as it fits in with the theme
(14:th-Dec-2016, 18:34:56)tucpal Wrote: l

Did you have the griffin badge on the back i would like to put the opel badge on got any tips will it fit over the old one are they hole left from the old badge ..........Thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,598 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 173,281 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,190 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,385 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,091 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 40,657 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 556,336 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  JohnL's VXR Progress thread JohnL 17 13,415 15:th-Feb-2020, 12:38:28
Last Post: olihil18
  Where's my thread? Telsun 2 3,464 1:st-Jan-2019, 09:49:57
Last Post: Telsun
  Progress Thread Conor97 Conor97 28 12,571 9:th-Sep-2018, 19:37:44
Last Post: Conor97

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:46:41)