Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to work? what cause not would start stop

What would cause stop/start to not work?
As above, on an Astra-J 2.0 CDTI, what would cause the stop/start to not work? I have seen 3 now, which have stop/start but it hasnt worked on the test drive, evernthough the car is warm and performs as it should?

Thanks.
There are many factors involved in s/s to save typing it all have a look at the below link.

http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...operation/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Seeing as its near impossible to ensure all of them factors would be true, I dont think ill worry too much about it.
I wish my stop / start would stop working...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
2019 Seat Ateca 1.6 DSG XCellence 

Past 2015 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium X 
Past 2012 VX Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri Vx Line 
Past 2008 Civic 1.8 Type S

On a serious note though, I have checked everything and it just doesnt stop start.
If the battery is quite low it will need a good run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Battery seems fine. I drove back on motorway about 40 miles and drove around town for about another 15. Although my man at Vauxhall said dont worry, im the type of person who likes everything working.

So please, any help and advice is very welcome please.

Thanks.
Give it a few days it may well kick back in, if doesn't the first place to start would be the battery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Im going to swap the battery with my Insignia and see if that helps.
Hey folks, just as a means of an update, I replaced the battery at the weekend since the S/S wasnt working and I was getting a Service Detterrent System message, and all google searches indicated that it was the battery on its way,. Took it to KiwkFit and their tester showed it at 54%.

Anyway, as per my other battery thread, I have now replaced the battery with another second hand one of the same numbers and ratings, and voila, my S/S has sprung into life. It works! Woop Woop!!

Also, although the S/S is now working, and was fine for the day after replacement, I noticed a really weird malfunction yesterday.

Started the car, all OK, but then almost immediately it cut out and asked me to press the clutch to restart, but it didnt start and came up with "service theft deterred system". Anyway, turned the key to off, and then restarted, and then all is OK and message gone. Happened twice in the same day.

Does the system just need a memory clear out ?
Glad you got the s/s working.

I've had that issue before sat in a services miles from home, but as you said after removing key and trying again all was fine.

I had a U code which is just a lost communication error code and not even Vauxhall diagnose the U codes.
Never had it since tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Sorry to reply back to an old thread. I have been having issues with my stop start being intermittent and now it has just stopped working. I am wondering if it is the battery. I have given it a good charge with a charger over night and it still doesn't work. A new battery is quite expensive about £140.
I have read somewhere that if you replace the battery then something needs to be reset with diagnostic equipment as the stop start may not work.
Does anyone know if this is true?
(31:st-Dec-2018, 18:56:38)Broadld Wrote: Sorry to reply back to an old thread. I have been having issues with my stop start being intermittent and now it has just stopped working. I am wondering if it is the battery. I have given it a good charge with a charger over night and it still doesn't work. A new battery is quite expensive about £140.
I have read somewhere that if you replace the battery then something needs to be reset with diagnostic equipment as the stop start may not work.
Does anyone know if this is true?

I've replaced mine and not reset anything and S/S is working again.

However there are many different factors at play for S/S to work.

Have a read through this.
https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/as...operation/

Also I found out about a week after buying a new battery my old battery was actually fine the dash cam (which had parking guard on it) wasn't turning off and draining the battery.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Uneven idle and hunting on initial start up Jpbroad1970 2 2,086 24:th-Aug-2021, 09:34:41
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Intermittent start, stalls after clock sweep no throttle response Jump to Latest Brendonm9477 5 2,701 5:th-Jan-2021, 13:55:10
  "Stop Vehicle Immediately Engine Has Overheated" Advice appreciated please Dennis S 25 38,543 30:th-Aug-2020, 13:56:18
Last Post: Rgotts00
  Retrofitting stop/start system momoomar 3 2,334 23:rd-Apr-2020, 13:44:22
Last Post: marcus01
  astra j 2.0 start up cornwall37 2 2,591 10:th-Apr-2020, 13:47:56
Last Post: Kiel0777
  New Fuel filter. Wont start SALMHAGE 1 2,362 18:th-Dec-2019, 23:24:29
Last Post: SALMHAGE
  Start up issue... only once daveloz12 4 4,115 22:nd-Mar-2019, 10:02:26
Last Post: daveloz12
Astra J, turns but will not start randilio1 6 4,479 2:nd-Dec-2018, 19:01:23
  Start/Charge fault CraigSRi 2 3,117 16:th-Feb-2018, 12:01:17
Last Post: CraigSRi
  Astra gtc wiper and start stop not working Robbjp 5 6,310 24:th-Sep-2016, 21:09:32
Last Post: J1ODYA

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Topher (6:th-Jun-2023, 14:52:13)