Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
gtc progress hummels´s astra 0cdti 2 thread

Hummels´s progress thread Astra GTC 2,0CDTi
Hi

For some reason, that I don´t understand, my GTC was from factory not ordered with factory LED rear lamps despite having front LED DRL and AFL light.
I had to rectify that mistake. Price from dealer was 850£ + 70£ wiring. I managed to get it all for 450£ with wiring as my workplace imports Valeo parts from France.

I also bought HappyBlue OBD module so I can make rearlights and numberplate light not to be shown with bulb warnings in the display. With HappyBlue module you can also alter alot of settings via Bluetooth and an app on your phone, fx. when it is doing a regen you can get it shown on the mid-level display when started and again when finished. Also bought LED bulbs for front foglights, cabinelights, glovebox and boot.
Corsa D OPC sideindicator mouldings, Eibach Pro springkit, ashtray/bin, shelf for glovebox to organize better have also been purchased.

I also found a secondhand DTE V3 pedalbox for 50£ and found 8pcs. 19" five spoke wheels from the 5 door version for only 270£. I have ordered Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 235/45R19 wintertyres for them.
Mine was not ordered with factory navigation either, only the CD400 and then previous owner have replaced it with a RoadCommander like the Icebox and ESX-VN709. I have bought the OEM sharkfine and plan to change it for the normal aerial. I know it´s not made for AM/FM radio but hope by replacing the radio plug I can use it for radio signal.

My LED´s arrived.

LEDs OEM

Wiring for OEM LEDs

Without LEDs

With LEDs

Corsa D OPC sideindicator mouldings and 20" Irmscher TurboStar.

HappyBlue module

I found a secondhand DTE V3 pedalbox for 50£

But have not yet got around to fitting it, But time will come.

I have also bought a new Steeringwheel, brand new with white stitching for OPC/VXR

I had a little play with the HappyBlue and US light

But turned it off again as it´s not legal here in Denmark. Sidelight must only be white light not yellow, as it can make others believe you have your full indicator light on and need help.

I managed to fit my new OPC steeringwheel. Soooo much nicer than the standard Sport/SRi "leather" steering wheel.

New thing is on the way

Found the AeroPack roof spoiler version 2 with the 2 legs between the spoilers. I am so happy and are waiting for it to arrive.

Also have the winterwheels ready for the season.

Looking forward to test the Michelin PA4´s as the review´s are very good for this tyre.

And finally it arrived. I am in love. Now I am saving up for the AeroPack sideskirts. Hoped I can get it all bought and ready with paint for the summer season.

Wintertyres is on. Looking good, if I may say so myself.

Nice GTC you have there mate, looks great already, will look even better with the aeropack on 
looks good does that be nice to see the spoiler on
@stigeye
Yes i would love the complete AeroPack with OPC/VXR front and rear bumpers.. I have the AeroPack spoiler now and next I will be getting the sideskirts. Parts are not cheap.

@tomelmer
I am also looking forward to see it on the car. I haven´t got around to get it lowered even thou I already have the Eibach´s in my garage. I think it also will make a big difference on the look of the car.
The aeropack boot spoiler will make a big difference, the side skirts will finish it off nicely. Later on down the line you could just colour code the trim on your rear bumper if you decide against a vxr bumper.
@stigeye

Yeah thought about colour code the rear bumpertrim, also thought about painting the bumpertrim in gloss black.
I am also on the look out for the dual BiTurbo exhaust. I know several compagnies that make the dual exhaust, but I hope to find the original BiTurbo dual exhaust cheaper than the aftermarket one´s. It´s a diesel and there is not point in paying for sound as it´s not going to get any better soundwise anyway with fx. stainless. I am only after the dual exhaust look.
Also got these lock pins fitted

And also got OPC/VX-Line pedals and winter rubbermats. The rubbermats have a nice fit and locks in the oem lugpins in front and are pressfit at the back. Also happy about the rubber protecting the rear centerconsole

I gave it a good clean, removed tar and gave it som wax AG resin and bumpercare for the plastic.

I then put LED bulbs in both rear fog lights and reverse light that I have puschased a long time ago. 

I also have LED bulbs for rear indicators that I need to put in. I know it will throw a bulb warning, but I have HappyBlue module installed and can supress all rear bulb warnings using the module.
Snygg!

Where you bought your rubbermats? Looks far more effective then original ones I have.
(20:th-Nov-2016, 18:44:13)hejhopp123 Wrote: Snygg!

Where you bought your rubbermats? Looks far more effective then original ones I have.

Thanks. The mats are really good.

They are from Novline and they are great. 

Here is a link to them
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Novline-SR-TAP-N...Sw7aBVJnX5
Had a play with other possible winterwheels as I thought the OE 5 spoke wheels I have 

was a little anonymous.

Maybe a little bold, as these wheels is white and a pain to clean. So far I have kept the OE 5 spoke for now.
@Hummelshøj do you have a link for where you got the aero pack spoiler from, i have been looking for one for a while and can only find a damaged used one on eBay, Thanks
@Dan1992

I will try to find it for you. It was not easy to find as you might know. I will dig it out for you.
Cheers mate a have been looking for months and can't find anything haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is the guy I bought mine from.

He has one now that is painted black. His sales compagny is based in the Netherlands.
You probably need to have a facebook profile to see the link
https://www.facebook.com/groups/31225869...732660681/

If not here is his email: info@gm-tuningparts.nl and his name is Eugene.

Hope you get what you are looking for.
Cheers mate I have just pm him on Facebook see if he still has one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem. Hope you get one..
OPC frontbumper complete with all mouldings, grills.

I will soon be posting a unpacked picture.

Here the VXR frontbumper is unpacked and brandnew.

Also I got around fitting my pedalbox that I bought last year.

Nice piece of toy.

Nice mate. You ordered from gm tuning parts ? How much did it cost ?

Enviado do meu SM-T580 através de Tapatalk
(6:th-Jun-2017, 08:55:27)Jonika21 Wrote: Nice mate. You ordered from gm tuning parts ? How much did it cost ?

Yes I did.

I gave 549 euro + 150 euro in postage..
(6:th-Jun-2017, 08:55:27)Jonika21 Wrote: Nice mate. You ordered from gm tuning parts ? How much did it cost ?

Yes I did.

I gave 549 euro + 150 euro in postage..
[/quote]
Thank you mate !!

Did a little play with vinyl wrap today.

I did the upper window trims.

[b]Hummelshøj nice car and all the work looks great, i have bought a new GTC, and the dealer has switched the rear lights as yours do led, they now throw up the bulb warning lights on the dash. These can be turned off by pressing the button on the steering stalk.  You bought a happyblue module to turn off these warning lights, how exacting does it work or what do i do. Is there another way to stop this other than module.[/b]
"Hummelshøj nice car and all the work looks great, i have bought a new GTC, and the dealer has switched the rear lights as yours do led, they now throw up the bulb warning lights on the dash. These can be turned off by pressing the button on the steering stalk.  You bought a happyblue module to turn off these warning lights, how exacting does it work or what do i do. Is there another way to stop this other than module."

Thank you.
I bought HappyBlue. You put the dongle in the OBD socket and leave it there. Then via an app you connect to your phone. And via the app you can adjust settings as you feel like.
It is very easy and there is alot of other settings you can adjust. One of my best buys for the car.
If you have diesel with DPF, it will show in center display when regens are preformed and when the regens is over.

The only other thing is to get dealer to get VCI code from Vauxhall and program the car to having LED rear lights present.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,595 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 173,245 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 89,984 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Astra J with Insignia parts Roksab 2 3,034 16:th-Jul-2021, 09:04:52
Last Post: marktourino
  My 2011 Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI Jetcolour 58 14,151 15:th-Jan-2021, 11:07:16
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,383 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,091 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 40,631 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 556,284 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,347 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (22:nd-Jul-2023, 21:24:37)