Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
to facelift remove door j mk6 astra bumper from how 5 front

How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift)

How-to remove front bumper from Astra-j (MK6 5 Door Facelift)

Tools needed 
*Trim tools
*Torx 10 bit
*Socket Set

The first thing you need to do is remove 3 torx 10 screws on each side of the wheel arch.

Then there is small bolt where the bumper meets the wing underneath.

Next you need to undo the 6 torx 10 screws at the top.

Next you need to get under the car (I put mine on ramps).
You need to remove the torx 10 screw that holds the bottom of the wheel arch lining to the bumper (1 each side).

Next job is undo all the lugs sorry I couldn't get a pic showing all of them there is 4 or 6 (easy to work out which ones to undo)

Then you need loosen the mounting bolt, (you don't need the spanner the nut is welded on).

Then the bumper is ready to be removed, you need to start drivers side and start where the bumper meets the wing and pull it out (there are lugs here so be careful and use a trim removal tool if needed).

Then move round to passenger side & repeat, you can then start to pull the bumper away from the car and on the passenger side there is a connection that will need to be unclipped before you can fully remove the bumper.

How-to remove grill

How-to remove indicators and fog lights (Facelift) 

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
well done rusty nice wright up there
i can confirm the pre face lift front bumper is the same as the above how to
apart from the is no blot in picture two on the pre face lift
so if you are thinking of upgrading to the face lift front bumper
then it will fit ok.
What can I do just to make the bumper like this so I can change my headlights?????

Vauxhall Astra J 2010 Front bumper and indicator bulb change - YouTube
You would have to ask the chap how he did it,

But some sort of custom made hinge I would of thought.

At least I don't have to take my bumper off to change the the indicator and fog light bulbs, Vauxhall sorted this in the facelift.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
The description says just undo the top bolts, I'm worried about taking my bumper off because I can't see that star bolt
The mounting bolt
Cameron UK Wrote:The description says just undo the top bolts, I'm worried about taking my bumper off because I can't see that star bolt

he's customised the bumper so it's on hinges hence he only need to undo the top screws.

Quote:You can undo a few screw at the top and the whole bumper is on hinges and just drops down.

Otherwise just follow my how-to.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Can you take some pictures of where these mounting bolts are on the car plz
Cameron UK Wrote:Can you take some pictures of where these mounting bolts are on the car plz

I have it's all in the how-to above shows & tells you everything you need to know to remove the bumper.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I can't find the mounting bolt in your 2nd to last picture
You have to get under the car to find.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Rusty2009 Wrote:You have to get under the car to find.

Took out the mounting bolts, I found 1 either side, but there isn't a red ring on the photo to show where it is, I still couldn't get the front bumper off, as my nearside DRL bulb has fallen into the headlight unit.. :(
have you got an under tray fitted?

If so remove it,

There is one each side, it's hard to get pics under the car when you don't have a ramp.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That would probably be the problem then, no didn't remove that bit as couldn't see it attached to the bumper... Will try that again next time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
also add a note here if you are are thinking of upgrading to the face lift front bumper
then you need too change the front left and right bumper support brackets also that are attached to the car body
so it is not a direct swap over but if the brackets are replaced then it is possible.
Pictures of Lewis6317 car before & after upgrading bumper to face-lift.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Yeah was worth it specially after hitting my second deer.
Just got a wobble on front left passenger side which i dont know why

facelifted bumper looks fresh. Is it a straight fitting or any modifications were needed?
Thing that need replacing
Support brackets
Wheel arch liners
[MENTION=1]Rusty2009[/MENTION] has a list of parts with part numbers.

Wheel arch liners dont have to be done but if you dont they will look odd, as it would be bent at bottom slightly.
I did have a photo but i dont any more im sorry

Fog light bulbs change from H10 to H11 best to try and get a complete bumper with loom if possible.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Good shout mate forgot about that :-p

Or you can buy the h11 plugs and just cut and swap them for the h10

Is there any adjustments when refitting the front bumper? Mine seems to sit a little lower on the passenger side. So after going over a speed bump the bumper un clips next to the wing
Not really apart from at the top where have some play room I had to use washers.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Did that allow you to pull the bumper upwards? Not sure if you see the gap in this picture but it's at the part where it meets the light.

That's where it's not been seated right or a clip has been broken.

I always start at the light and work towards wheel

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Are the clips easy to replace?
No there moulded as part of the bumper.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Does the front grill take any part in holding thr bumper onto the car ive got a steinmetz grill to go on rather than cutting the old grill id just rather take it away.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There not designed to be used with the original grill frame they just get bonded in
but i would say you need the original frame also as you will need the top screw mounts
and the frame adds support to the bumper you may need to cut the old grill out but keep the outside frame
then bond the new grill in place
(28:th-Dec-2016, 21:52:16)tucpal Wrote: There not designed to be used with the original grill frame they just get bonded in
but i would say you need the original frame also as you will need the top screw mounts
and the frame adds support to the bumper you may need to cut the old grill out but keep the outside frame
then bond the new grill in place
Yea thats what the instructions say to do but i was wondering if it was necessary if i do need the top mounts cutting it up it shall be cheers mate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yep do it like that mate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install a Reverse Camera in an Astra J with Navi 900 Summit 22 34,912 22:nd-Feb-2021, 07:59:27
Last Post: Rusty2009
  How-to remove roof aerial Rusty2009 17 24,691 11:th-Sep-2019, 10:28:43
Last Post: Despoina-Varypati
  How to fit a Front Grill Astra J tucpal 3 27,007 1:st-Mar-2019, 18:51:22
Last Post: blacknik
  How To Remove Rear bumper Rusty2009 17 33,774 7:th-Jan-2019, 18:18:25
Last Post: jamietomlin
  VXLINE bumper retrofit research tucpal 89 47,631 8:th-Oct-2018, 16:27:25
  Multimedia interface, reverse camera, navi 600, insignia, astra j. tucpal 5 20,026 10:th-May-2018, 16:03:16
Last Post: vocky
  How-to front mudguards for vxr style pack 1 (maybe all) Jon_es 9 7,729 17:th-Apr-2018, 12:24:10
Last Post: Elad1962
  How to remove Wing Mirror Covers, Astra j tucpal 12 29,574 5:th-May-2017, 20:37:31
Last Post: Tonto
  Vxr rear bumper fit to normal gtc Afus1987 3 7,061 8:th-Apr-2017, 09:24:18
  How-to remove Window trims & door mirrors Rusty2009 27 31,266 28:th-Mar-2017, 11:44:01

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
Dominattor (26:th-Oct-2023, 21:43:01)